test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Got my first Chat Ban today.

kavle1kavle1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
24 Hours, really?

I mean, I understand the need to silence spammers..but really? 24 Hours?
Post edited by kavle1 on

Comments

• nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You have come of age today you are a man!
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Congrats ?
  • tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ya, ummm, stop trolling! kid...
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmmm... he understands the need to silence spammers... which in and of itself is an admission he was spamming. Then he complains about being silenced.
    @Powerblast in game
    edited May 2013
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    hmmm... he understands the need to silence spammers... which in and of itself is an admission he was spamming. Then he complains about being silenced.

Hey least the guys honest about it.
  • jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    i uncheck zone and use player made channel
  • breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Glad they are doing this maybe I should turn general back on.
  • kavle1kavle1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was just trying to sell a few epics I got in the Delves event. I ended up winning like..5 or something..and instead of one HUGE paragraph of me trying to sell 5 things..I broke them up into three messages.

"Selling X and X and X for 1 Key/10g Each"

Send two messages back to back every 30 seconds and you get silenced.

It's not really a big issue though. I don't mind being silenced..but for 24 hours?

It's TWENTY-FOUR. I was supposed to lead a series of series of my guild's T2 runs but I had to make an alt and level him to 15 on another account just to tell my friends I was chatbanned and the whole thing was off. Just a massive inconvenience that stopped 4 other peoples days also.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    kavle1 wrote: »
    24 Hours, really?

When a sufficient number of people puts you on ignore list / report spam the system triggers a 24 hour ban.
  • aveanavean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would not of been silenced for talking too quickly.
    people likely report spammed you at their discretion resulting in the mute.
    your few lines stepped on a few toes D: how often ddi you post your group of 3 lines?
  • coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good. You won't be doing that again, I'll bet. I report people who post 'back to back' in Chat every time I see it happen, because once other people selling their wares see people like you doing it, they'll all be doing it. What's wrong with posting ONCE every 30 seconds?

Reclaiming Chat, One Spammer At A Time.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Welcome child to the "Order of Quietius"

Someone will be along shortly to give you your complementary secret order black robe and to show you the secret handshake. You will still be expected to under go initiation however. I wont lie, it will probably hurt a lot. Just know that crying will not be tolerated.

Anyhow, enjoy the total lack of free snacks. And welcome to the club. ;)
    edited May 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Welcome child to the "Order of Quietius"

Someone will be along shortly to give you your complementary secret order black robe and to show you the secret handshake. You will still be expected to under go initiation however. I wont lie, it will probably hurt a lot. Just know that crying will not be tolerated.

Anyhow, enjoy the total lack of free snacks. And welcome to the club. ;)

We should introduce the OP to Caliga Lord of the Chat ban :D
  • nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder if anyone told him about the Auction House?! I heard its impossible to get banned for spamming your dungeon delve items on there.

But yah, I'm guessing the majority of people are like myself when it comes to zone chat spam. Regardless of whether your using two different messages. If I see your name more then 3 times on my limited sized chat screen with attempts of selling your junk or LFG/M spam.. you're going on spam ignore list.. Deal with it.. a longer zone chat ban would be nice imo... you can have your guild/say/whisper chat.. lets go with a week long zone chat ban for spammers.
  • kejser91kejser91 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    24 hours, really?

I mean, i understand the need to silence spammers..but really? 24 hours?

good & stay there
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only people I report do this.

"WTS [STUPID PURPLE THING OF STUPIDITY] 50 DONKEYS"
    "WTS [STUPID PURPLE THING OF STUPIDITY] 50 DONKEYS""WTS [STUPID PURPLE THING OF STUPIDITY] 50 DONKEYS""WTS [STUPID PURPLE THING OF STUPIDITY] 50 DONKEYS""WTS [STUPID PURPLE THING OF STUPIDITY] 50 DONKEYS"
    "WTS [STUPID PURPLE THING OF STUPIDITY] 50 DONKEYS""WTS [STUPID PURPLE THING OF STUPIDITY] 50 DONKEYS"
    v"WTS [STUPID PURPLE THING OF STUPIDITY] 50 DONKEYS"
  • mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I LOVE the length of the ban, I DON'T like the "auto-ban after so many reports" aspect.
    Get a moderator from the community (unpaid just like any other moderator, get volunteers) and have THEM monitor the reports and see which are legit and which aren't.
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »

"WTS [STUPID PURPLE THING OF STUPIDITY] 50 DONKEYS""WTS [STUPID PURPLE THING OF STUPIDITY] 50 DONKEYS""WTS [STUPID PURPLE THING OF STUPIDITY] 50 DONKEYS""WTS [STUPID PURPLE THING OF STUPIDITY] 50 DONKEYS"
    "WTS [STUPID PURPLE THING OF STUPIDITY] 50 DONKEYS""WTS [STUPID PURPLE THING OF STUPIDITY] 50 DONKEYS"
    I'll give you two goats and a chicken, final offer.
  • bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Spam is in the eye of the beholder mate - apparently enough people thought what you did was objectionable enough to report.
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

edited May 2013
    bori4 wrote: »
    Spam is in the eye of the beholder mate - apparently enough people thought what you did was objectionable enough to report.

Unless what he did was nothing. There are people that just pass you buy and click "report" for the hell of it
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    24 Hours, really?

Awesome , I hope more people start to get banned so they can learn to use the trade channel instead of zone chat spamming .

Almost forgot - Y so Mad BrosePh ?
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's a hint when trying to sell something in zone... if you can see your own message twice in the chat window... you're spamming and deserve to get chat banned.
    @Powerblast in game
  • kavle1kavle1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Turns out that toon I made to actually message my guild, a CW, is pretty amazing and i'ma keep playing him.

The problem with the ban is that you can't send a tell to ANYONE. No guild chat, no reply to whisper, no say.

And no, I definitely was not spamming it like crazy. Every 30 seconds or so, you'd see my name twice. oh NOES!

People complain about the chat filling up too fast to read, but..you have a SCROLLBAR. I use it all the **** and it makes the world easier.
    edited May 2013
    Turns out that toon I made to actually message my guild, a CW, is pretty amazing and i'ma keep playing him.

The problem with the ban is that you can't send a tell to ANYONE. No guild chat, no reply to whisper, no say.

And no, I definitely was not spamming it like crazy. Every 30 seconds or so, you'd see my name twice. oh NOES!

People complain about the chat filling up too fast to read, but..you have a SCROLLBAR. I use it all the **** and it makes the world easier.
    Except the scrollbar pops back down whenever you get a new message. Which, with zone chat, is every 0.4 seconds
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chat settings>channels> NWOtrade>join

chat settings> channels>NWOLFG(not sure on spelling of that one)>join
    you are not required to use zone chat for everything. The more people you get on other channels the easier it will be
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • raggnaxraggnax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was just trying to sell a few epics I got in the Delves event. I ended up winning like..5 or something..and instead of one HUGE paragraph of me trying to sell 5 things..I broke them up into three messages.

"Selling X and X and X for 1 Key/10g Each"

Send two messages back to back every 30 seconds and you get silenced.

It's not really a big issue though. I don't mind being silenced..but for 24 hours?

It's TWENTY-FOUR. I was supposed to lead a series of series of my guild's T2 runs but I had to make an alt and level him to 15 on another account just to tell my friends I was chatbanned and the whole thing was off. Just a massive inconvenience that stopped 4 other peoples days also.

Dont spam and you wont have issues. PE is unbearable now because of people like you spamming and yet you complain?
  • nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »

*report spam*

gg :rolleyes:
  • savaallsavaall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there are people that report people for trying to sell anything in zone chat, at least on Dragon shard there are. Saw someone earlier today saying he was reporting everyone he saw that was auctioning something. It could have been people like this if you say you weren't spamming.
  • aronwenaronwen Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    savaall wrote: »
    there are people that report people for trying to sell anything in zone chat, at least on Dragon shard there are. Saw someone earlier today saying he was reporting everyone he saw that was auctioning something. It could have been people like this if you say you weren't spamming.

Then there are some who do it for 'fun'
  • kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess you are so important that we all must know this right?