test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just hit 60, what exactly do you do now?

canuck72canuck72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hit 60 on my Cleric, rollback aside it has been a pretty fun experience.

Normal PVE progression at this point is to run dungeons and gear up, which you can do here BUT
Everything is BOE, so pugging a long dungeon run to have everyone roll on a piece of gear only you can use sucks.
Because everything is BOE the AH is flooded with Epic gear, I could use the leftover AD had from my Guardian pack to almost fully gear myself.

Pretty much there does not see a carrot on the end of the stick, am I missing something?

This is not meant to flame, this game is easily worth the $60 I kicked in and I will just level an alt but I have a hard time beliving this is all there is at end game
Post edited by canuck72 on

Comments

• forumname012forumname012 Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    Yes; alt levelling is the way to go.
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is at least a raid coming and more dungeons, on the main website you can find the last Producer Letter with all the details.
    Or you could play for fun instead that for a carrot at the end of the stick, some foundry quests are really good
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most 60s just come to the forums and complain. Its like the secret hidden side game.
  • elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Most 60s just come to the forums and complain. Its like the secret hidden side game.

Wait, I thought the secret game was to complain that some other class is OP, someone kicked someone from a group or that someone else took their loot?
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Level pets or alts, grind the dailys... Join a guild and do the epic dungeons...
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Foundry, same as every level!
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • fasthands23fasthands23 Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    get a competent group of 5 do run dungeon delve epics.

running dungeons outside of delves is a waste of time.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    Foundry, same as every level!

The foundry is all sorts of fun ^__^
  • canuck72canuck72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I know that's why I prefaced that this was not meant to be a "complaint" ; )

I put enough time just levelling my toon to 60 to make the $60 I spent well worth it. If I never played again I would not feel ripped off.

The point of the post was more to get an idea of what they had intended as end game, I have to say making everything BOE just seems like a horrible idea for the longevity of the game.
    edited May 2013
    To be fair, few if any new games roll out with tons of "end game" content. And as much as I like Cryptic they are not well known for their end games. In time, perhaps it will change here. But keep expectations in check.

CO is still waiting for their end game, 4+ years later. STO still has the same 3 STF missions they have had sense year 1. But eventually did get a fleet system. At least with NW it costs you nothing to wait and see what develops.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be fair, few if any new games roll out with tons of "end game" content. And as much as I like Cryptic they are not well known for their end games. In time, perhaps it will change here. But keep expectations in check.

CO is still waiting for their end game, 4+ years later. STO still has the same 3 STF missions they have had sense year 1. But eventually did get a fleet system. At least with NW it costs you nothing to wait and see what develops.

True but STO lets you play missions again . And they level with you. If that was implemented in Neverwinter it would only boost peoples enjoyment of the game.
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    True but STO lets you play missions again . And they level with you. If that was implemented in Neverwinter it would only boost peoples enjoyment of the game.

True, but thats hardly a replacement for something new. Another STF would be nice. Something that takes more then 5 people would be nice. Heck even another episode series would be nice.

3 STFs and a handful of dailies isnt really much of an end game. Even by Cryptic standards. And that is on the game they like and still support. We both know CO fares far worse, sadly :(
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    True, but thats hardly a replacement for something new. Another STF would be nice. Something that takes more then 5 people would be nice. Heck even another episode series would be nice.

3 STFs and a handful of dailies isnt really much of an end game. Even by Cryptic standards. And that is on the game they like and still support. We both know CO fares far worse, sadly :(

Well, there's also the various reputation zones (Defera, New Rom, and now Nukara) to do stuff in. (I know I've spent plenty of time at 50 on my various STO characters, and haven't touched an STF yet.)
  • rayusrayus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

There are 4 STFs now, each with a space & ground portion, as well as Romulan, Borg and Tholian reputation systems to work on through various missions. And then, there is the Fleet holdings and progression.

As for NW. There is supposedly more endgame content on the way soon, which I look forward to checking out. I'm having a ton of fun with the game as it stands. :)
  • uedajiruuedajiru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you could try actually doing the dungeons for fun and not just for gear, i duno just a thought. I mean sure you can just buy all the gear in this game but whtas the point, its like your buying it to not play the game? Might as well do the dungeons abit until you get bored then buy wotever you need once your done. As for more content its early days yet, im sure there be new dungeons and raids, zones ect later on. There always foundry to do , some nice story quest there. Buf if your just looking at this game as a progression of gear grind then your going to get bored prity quickly tbh.
  • avalyssiaavalyssia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I first hit 60 I was in the same situation as the OP, that 'well what do I do now?' feeling. I bought myself some blue items from the AH to get over the minimum gearscore - didn't have too much of a problem queuing for for groups and never came across a ninja in the epic dungeons, so it probably took less than a few days of casual play to get ready for T2 dungeons.

I would love to do these dungeons for fun, but I have to be honest and say that the dungeons and their endless add spawning bosses are not fun at all - not necessarily challenging just... not fun. I check to see when the delves are going to be on and log my CW especially for them, then queue and play Hobbit KoM on my phone while waiting. Often I find myself leaving queue because I feel like the dungeon alert is going to interupt my Hobbit KoM playing (of all games lol). This isn't a flame or anything as I've always been one of those 'play for fun' instead of 'play for gear' people but after 60 it's just not that much fun. Normally after reaching max level I occupy myself with craft grinding but this game doesn't really cater for that (unless you spend AD).

So I started levelling an alt and playing Rift because I do want to keep playing this game. And I'm probably one of those naive people that PWE vets laugh at but, as someone else stated, it is early days and I'm sure they'll add new dungeons later on (whose bosses don't have the usual 'spawn hundreds of adds' scripts) and hopefully fix class imbalances because I really REALLY want to roll GWF :(
  • iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You go into t2 dungeons, tell people if you don't get all the loot that drops you'll leave- and if you happen to get party leader, you kick everyone when the final boss is at 1% so you get all the lewts for yourself.

Then, you make loads of AD and win at the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kejser91kejser91 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    ragequit.........
  • kejser91kejser91 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    You go into t2 dungeons, tell people if you don't get all the loot that drops you'll leave- and if you happen to get party leader, you kick everyone when the final boss is at 1% so you get all the lewts for yourself.

Then, you make loads of AD and win at the game.

hahahaha would be so awesome if some1 recorded this and uploaded it on youtupe
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    wait for lvl expansion 61-90 EPIC TIER........ :D
  • v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Farm T2 Dungeons
    2. Foundry
    Not exactly a lot I know. Let's hope Gauntlgrym delivers.
  • zanthe25zanthe25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

you info is out of date as they is more than 3 now :-p
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    v1ctor2k wrote: »
    1. Farm T2 Dungeons
    2. Foundry
    Not exactly a lot I know. Let's hope Gauntlgrym delivers.

Ah, but the question I have about Gaunt (now that I've gotten a char to 60 and can see the dailies) is.... is everything there going to just be yet more queued group content?

What I want to know is, is there anything to do at 60 that isn't queued 5-man stuff or Foundry? Particularly, is there anything I can do that'll get me profession resources (like all those instances quests during levelup), since Foundry has neither skill nodes nor loot chests. The couple of resource nodes you might hit during a dungeon run (if the group isn't hard-charging straight to the boss) aren't really a replacement for that.
    edited May 2013
    zanthe25 wrote: »
    you info is out of date as they is more than 3 now :-p

Yes its gone to 4. Break out the bubbly. That one additional STF after two years is a total game changer and completely undermines my entire point.

3 or 4 or even 6. The point still stands. Cryptic is not well known for its end game content.
  • v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Ah, but the question I have about Gaunt (now that I've gotten a char to 60 and can see the dailies) is.... is everything there going to just be yet more queued group content?

To my knowledge, you will have to queue up for both the PvE and PvP version of Gauntlgrym. I was hoping they would go for an Adventure zone but non PvPers probably would have hated that.
  • stevo705stevo705 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    feel the same,got to 60 saw the dailies etc and wanted to quest in areas i'd not been too and instinctively assumed you would get AD not xp at max level but too no avail =(