test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't invite friend to party

fhayesfhayes Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hi there!

I cannot invite my friend to group with me so that we can quest or join for dungeons together. I can invite people (friends)from my guild to a party simply by selecting them and then clicking the invite button, but when I try to do this with my friend who is not in the guild, the "invite" button is greyed out and when I mouse over it, I get the message

"You are too low level "

My friend and I are both early level20s toons, and there is no problem with me grouping with others from friends list (as long as they are in my guild it seems). Is this a bug or is it working as intended - and if the latter, what level can I group with him. Luckily we have Skype so can chat but otherwise it would be a pretty miserable game if you couldn't make friends groups, surely?

Your advice would be appreciated.
Post edited by fhayes on

Comments

• fhayesfhayes Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess no-one else is having the same problem, but also when we made tickets about it, the tickets were submitted ok, but can't be viewed, which makes me worried that they have disappeared into some hideous black hole.
  • gruffleengruffleen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same issue with not being able to invite a friend...the social functions of Neverwinter are pretty primitive compared to even many older games. No auto-fill dungeons when folks leave? Crazy considering the time so many folks have wasted not being able to complete dungeons when someone drops or leaves.

And not being able to wildcard search friends? Awful. I can't find half my friends because they all gave me their char names but not their account name (or whatever it is that is after the @). I'm pretty sure there aren't 19 valfalgoth's in the game, so let me search it and pick the one (and most likely there is only 1) that is likely my friend. Ugg. Frustrating in what is supposed to be a new A-rated title.
  • orlock2102orlock2102 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same thing here. I can't invite one of my friends on my list even though I can invite and quest with the others. We were even in the same zone/instance, on the same shard, apparently standing in the same place but couldn't even see each other... I must be missing something here.
  • smurficsmurfic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes...iam having same problem here..with friend..> any solution for this ?
  • wisdom25wisdom25 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem
  • orlock2102orlock2102 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just an update from my situation: They went ahead and made a new character and no more problems. I'm just gonna assume we weren't on the same shard after all lol
  • gothhuntergothhunter Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i have the same problem i have her added as a friend but wen i ask her to join party shows error or low level
  • aycoomanaycooman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    same problem
  • aycoomanaycooman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i have the same problem i have her added as a friend but wen i ask her to join party shows low level
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've never been able to add my brother to a team. He always has to add me.
    The 'Invite to Party' is greyed out, and if I hover over that button it says
    "you are too low level to be on a team". ....I'm level 60. My brother is 58.

Pretty sure that makes it a bug. Please fix.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?