test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF Tier 2 Sets Discussion

shurrik0shurrik0 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Easy Question: Which set of the three T2 is the Best in which Situation and why.

I have the High General set as a Tactican GF because i want to strengthen my supportiv role. Is this wrong?
What do you think?
Post edited by shurrik0 on

Comments

• vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    As far as T2 go, personally I only like Timeless. I use it for pvp or for bosses/dungeons where I am not getting hit often enough to justify using the Stalwart Bulwark set. I do not like the Grand Regent and High General set, the set bonus is rather "meh" in my opinion.

However I do not think it is "wrong" per se. If it works for you and your group by all means it is right to use it.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Depending on how KV actually works, I guess the other sets could be interesting but eh.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vaichana wrote: »
    As far as T2 go, personally I only like Timeless. I use it for pvp or for bosses/dungeons where I am not getting hit often enough to justify using the Stalwart Bulwark set. I do not like the Grand Regent and High General set, the set bonus is rather "meh" in my opinion.

However I do not think it is "wrong" per se. If it works for you and your group by all means it is right to use it.

If you're not getting hit often enough to use stalwart you're doing something wrong tbh.
  • vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    If you're not getting hit often enough to use stalwart you're doing something wrong tbh.

Well, yes and no. Depends on how many CW you get in the group and how bad/annoying they are. At times it happens that I pug with CWs that just HAVE to hit their pushbacks on EVERYTHING all the time regardless of it being completely useless, and I find myself just running around screaming and getting a headace while trying to hit stuff that keeps getting flung around.

But yes, usually I go with stalwart and have no problem keeping up the 5 stacks. I generally use Timeless for bosses only, at least for those where I do not expect to get hit often or at all.
  • shurrik0shurrik0 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stalwart is T1 i guess
  • clevizzyclevizzy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The only one not getting hit is the GF because threat is broken. Death order: Cleric, Rogue, Control Wizard, GWF, GF. /sigh
    edited May 2013
    vaichana wrote: »
    Well, yes and no. Depends on how many CW you get in the group and how bad/annoying they are. At times it happens that I pug with CWs that just HAVE to hit their pushbacks on EVERYTHING all the time regardless of it being completely useless, and I find myself just running around screaming and getting a headace while trying to hit stuff that keeps getting flung around.

But yes, usually I go with stalwart and have no problem keeping up the 5 stacks. I generally use Timeless for bosses only, at least for those where I do not expect to get hit often or at all.
    My CW literally spams blackhole, so I guess that changes things (ofc he uses shield burst too, but he's actually good). Your dps will suck regardless of set when playing with ****ty pug CWs. Ideally, Timeless should only be used in some boss fights.
    edited May 2013
    clevizzy wrote: »
    The only one not getting hit is the GF because threat is broken. Death order: Cleric, Rogue, Control Wizard, GWF, GF. /sigh

/sigh I do CN in 40 mins etc etc. Don't talk if you don't know. Dps GF does so much damage that you get aggro, not to mention you have enforced threat for a few free hits.
    edited May 2013
    My CW literally spams blackhole, so I guess that changes things (ofc he uses shield burst too, but he's actually good). Your dps will suck regardless of set when playing with ****ty pug CWs. Ideally, Timeless should only be used in some boss fights.
    Amen, but I often lack the luxury of a dedicated group so have to do with what I pug when my usual group isn't around or is busy, so "ideally" often does not apply :(
    You are obviously right on the ideal situation though, stalwart would always be better against trash and on most bosses in an ideal setting.