test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kicking players at 999 in PvP!?!?

zartoshzartosh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Me and two guild mates were doin pvp and a reta** guy kicked us from the grp at 999 points.
I actually love that game but things like this just make me rage. Really this system is just broken and useless.
You should do something against this problem.
Post edited by zartosh on

Comments

• somnolence2somnolence2 Member Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    hah /10char
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - because some times MMO's fail.
  • somnolence2somnolence2 Member Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    It's against TOS to name and shame people. I'd suggest editing your post.

But yes, that people can control any queue group sucks.

hah you think they care /30 char
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - because some times MMO's fail.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Member Posts: 3,514 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do they get better rewards if less people are on the team (more xp or whatever)?
  • zartoshzartosh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's against TOS to name and shame people. I'd suggest editing your post.

But yes, that people can control any queue group sucks.

Yeah well just did. Even people like him should realy be named...
    edited May 2013
    Do they get better rewards if less people are on the team (more xp or whatever)?

No it's bc he was a little fkin kid who wanted everyone to just follow his orders.
  • travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well, of course he kicked you, he wanted the blue item you receive for having the highest score on the winning team, and it's likely that your score was higher than his. The solution is simple, make sure the party leader has the highest score when your team is winning.

You do realize that you can check the scores at any time by hitting x, right? You can make sure that your party leader has the highest score at all times, and in doing so you will keep yourself out of his crosshairs.

Look, it's not his fault that the game offers that shiny blue item for the player with the highest score. The player who kicked you can't help but selfishly take that item for himself, and deserves none of the blame for your predicament. You are really the one at fault, here. If you don't want to be kicked from your PvP group, then either make sure your team loses and won't have to compete for the blue item, or ensure that your score remains lower than that of your group leader, so he has no reason to kick you.

Honestly, people, l2p.

:rolleyes:

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  • nokturnelnokturnel Member Posts: 173 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Uh...what? Lol.

pretty sure he's trolling lol, but for real it's a horrible design decision by Cryptic to only reward the player with the highest score on the winning team a blue as well as give anyone the ability to kick people in a PVP group, people need to be auto-kicked when they can't connect and be able to be replaced by someone in queue for a longer duration of time.
    -Protect the Caravan-
    Fun 15-20 Minute Heavy Combat Quest with a difficulty slider. Hand crafted environments and encounters.
    Code: NW-DSVCX8LD4
    Thread URL: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?257391-Protect-the-Caravan
    edited May 2013
    nokturnel wrote: »
    pretty sure he's trolling lol, but for real it's a horrible design decision by Cryptic to only reward the player with the highest score on the winning team a blue as well as give anyone the ability to kick people in a PVP group, people need to be auto-kicked when they can't connect and be able to be replaced by someone in queue for a longer duration of time.

I prefer to call it satire. :p

-Travail.
  • failpatchfailpatch Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have made blue items even on a loss btw. On a serious note I kick douchbags, terrible players and quitters (people who play for a bit then just stand around quasi-afk) at around 900.
    So happy to have made them waste their time not even trying to play or being a complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the entire match.
  • roastedporkroastedpork Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will Admit I have been kicked from my group just before we win ALOT, and i always know why.

Because im in #1 spot, why the party leader is #2, Party leader kicks #1, and becomes #1 himself.

Free blue item for party leader. Another 500-2k free Diamonds
  • rabbiddograbbiddog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uh...what? Lol.

I'm pretty sure he was being facetious.
  • rabbiddograbbiddog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will Admit I have been kicked from my group just before we win ALOT, and i always know why.

Because im in #1 spot, why the party leader is #2, Party leader kicks #1, and becomes #1 himself.

Free blue item for party leader. Another 500-2k free Diamonds

Yeah, this is seriously flawed and why I don't PvP in this game.
    edited May 2013
    travail01 wrote: »

Look, it's not his fault that the game offers that shiny blue item for the player with the highest score. The player who kicked you can't help but selfishly take that item for himself, and deserves none of the blame for your predicament. You are really the one at fault, here. If you don't want to be kicked from your PvP group, then either make sure your team loses and won't have to compete for the blue item, or ensure that your score remains lower than that of your group leader, so he has no reason to kick you.

Honestly, people, l2p.

-Travail.

Haven't read so much nonsens cra* for a while...
    No ofc it's not his fault beein an as*h***....
    That gibberish you wrote just show what kind of a person you are.

• kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    More motivation to afk in pvp, just what hte game needs!
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Vote kicking needs to be in to prevent such abuse.
  • aronwenaronwen Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013

Should have been like that from the start. Not sure who's idea it was to leave it to an individual when it's already obvious people tend to abuse power.
  • solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wonder if it was the same guy last night who was cussing everyone in our group at the end of the game, stating we all sucked

We had just Won the game 1000-650 :rolleyes:
  • nokturnelnokturnel Member Posts: 173 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rabbiddog wrote: »
    Yeah, this is seriously flawed and why I don't PvP in this game.

I personally dislike pvp in any mmo that depends on gear. It's just a welcome mat for people to exploit or speed their way through content and have no life in order to show off their "skills" when in reality it's just their gear lol. The fact that you can pay to have advantages in PVP turns me off even more. (Yes this game is Pay 2 Win stop trying to defend it, 1 simple example, paying for the ability to get high level enchants on all your gear. Let alone the whole converting Zen to AD and buying AD straight up with money which can then be used to purchase pretty much anything. Hey, here's another one, paying for a faster mount so you can get to a point quicker to cap it or stop it from being capped.)

I play Smite, LoL, Counter-Strike and TF2 if I want pvp. Where you can show off your skills on a pretty even playing field. (SMNC was awesome too, but sadly it was too complicated for the mass consumption apparently cause noobs could not handle it at all and lack of playerbase lead to it's demise.)

Only reason I PVP in this game is cause we have a daily that requires it and PVP gear is insanely easy to acquire.
    -Protect the Caravan-
    Fun 15-20 Minute Heavy Combat Quest with a difficulty slider. Hand crafted environments and encounters.
    Code: NW-DSVCX8LD4
    Thread URL: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?257391-Protect-the-Caravan
    edited May 2013

Or simply don't reward any one player on a team more than the others. In any team sport I've ever played, I've been taught to live and die as a team. The captain of a hockey team isn't the only one who takes home the Stanley Cup.

I personally like the medal system used in SW:ToR, which is superior for two reasons. First, because your rewards are not dependent in any way on other players. You don't get rewarded for being at the top of the list, but rather for gaining personal medals throughout the match, removing any benefit to kicking your allies at any point during the match. Second, other players can vote you MVP of the match, which gives you more medals and increases your reward, so you want your allies around at the end so that they can potentially vote for you. You are trying to endear yourself towards your teammates, in the hopes that they will recognize your contributions.

It's not a perfect system, but it's a step up from the system in Neverwinter.

-Travail.
  • utzpretzelsutzpretzels Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    zartosh wrote: »
    Haven't read so much nonsens cra* for a while...
    No ofc it's not his fault beein an as*h***....
    That gibberish you wrote just show what kind of a person you are.

seriously, people. Reading comprehension. He was being sarcastic, or facetious, or trolling, or ironic. Whatever you want to call it, he is pointing out how stupid the situation is by being overly supportive of the obviously wrong position.
  • alberelleonhartalberelleonhart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just had this happen to me as well. The leader suddenly kicked EVERYONE one after the other on my team immediately before the end of the match. That was fifteen minutes wasted... thanks Cryptic.
  • hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zartosh wrote: »
    Me and two guild mates were doin pvp and a reta** guy kicked us from the grp at 999 points.
    I actually love that game but things like this just make me rage. Really this system is just broken and useless.
    You should do something against this problem.

I agree it is absurd they let people get booted unless those people are afk'ing.
    edited May 2013

Yeah that would be a good option. There are already games with that. Don't know why they don't wanna use it here...