test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

i have to share my experience with "support" ...

vv13vv13 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
i have to share my experience with "customer support" of this game....
at first im sorry for my english, but i hope you will understand what im trying to tell you

all of you know what happened last weekend, as this is related to that issue
i spent whole weekend with my family, and after that on Sunday evening i tried to log in my NW account. Bam, nothing happened, and at the bottom of the launcher i see a message "your account has been banned". WTF i think, ban? for what? So i check my email, but there is no message from PWE/Cryptic regarding that ban, nothing...
So i went to the NW forums, and after reading some of the threads i start understanding what happened in-game and that my ban is maybe related with it.
I have to say that i did not exploit, cheat, nothing, so my first idea was that someone made a mistake...
Well i tried to log my account on the customer support site to create a ticket, but there is a problem, i can not log in because my account has been banned... how brilliant rofl.
So good old email is my friend, i wrote an email what happeded to customer support hoping for answer why they ban my account. No response, well what do you want, its Sunday lol.

So on Monday i wrote another email with my problem to customer support and after an hour i received automatic response that they created a ticket for it. Well, thats all - after that, i did not receive any other update of my problem. No response to other emails asking for update, nothing.

So after 5 days i still dont know WHY they ban me, i dont know if they will ever un-ban me or if they will try to solve my problem at all.

I would not care if i did not spend about 80€ for ZEn ...
Post edited by vv13 on

Comments

• xenobiusxenobius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't expect ANYTHING out of NW customer support. They don't care, they just ignore everything and the best you can expect is an auto-generated excuse.

Just to illustrate:
    A guildmate of mine tried to purchase some equipment from the auction. He paid almost a million AD (buyout price), but while his AD disappeared, the item was never delivered. He filed a ticked and got an automated response. After a week(!!!), and some more attempts to get to the bottom of it, he received a letter with a p1ss-poor attempt of "roleplaying" reply, basically saying that they're "Too busy to bother with his problem" and (the audacity!) a request to "rate the support performance".
    Oh, did I mention he was naive enough to purchase a $200 Founder's Pack?
    TL:DR - Forget it, they don't care.
  • vampiregoatvampiregoat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL wait you thought that PW people have support? I knew this was not the case since I played PWI on line and never could get help. Mass botters in that game.
  • mievhmievh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Strange they mention the amazing support they've received in the blog posts, and not the amazing amount of complains they're getting about this.

I hope they change.
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've had good experience with support *shrug*
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    I've had good experience with support *shrug*

Perhaps you could share your secrete with the folks who have not. Maybe they are doing something that can be changed.
  • fuse410fuse410 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Support is absolutely the worst I've ever seen out of a game company. I have never had a ticket answered in under 4 days (most are longer). When you do finally get a reply I would bet money that it is a Copy/Paste reply that does not address your issue. This has been a pattern I've experienced for years now.

For example: I recently sent in a ticket after I discovered that the "Direct Download" link was still just a Pando-based P2P download, and this was preventing me from installing the game (I can't torrent). I assumed there was a problem with the website and sent in a ticket. Almost a week later I get a standard reply for people who are having issues with the patcher (reset modem, flush DNS, etc). I respond asking that the CSR please read the title of the ticket, "Neverwinter Installer", and copy-paste the details off my first ticket. 4 days later and I get a reply, "You can use one of the download links for direct download." If that were the case, why would I submit a ticket saying those links are specifically NOT a direct download??? I don't usually send CSRs fictional issues for entertainment.

It appears they've finally dumped the Pando-based installer all together, so it is possible the CSR was instructed to be evasive on purpose, but I expect they simply don't care at all about helping. This is exactly the kind of BS I've had to deal with every time I submit a ticket, even for the most minor of issues. Customer service needs to be one of PWE's top priorities. It's not like they do anything else well, so we all end up filing a ticket at some point. For many players their experience with support is the last straw and ends with them uninstalling.
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    Perhaps you could share your secrete with the folks who have not. Maybe they are doing something that can be changed.
    I filed a ticket and got an automated response within 1-2 days. Then I wrote a polite response to support with more details about my issue, which then got a live person to answer. Within a few more e-mails (and days), the issue was cleared up. Though I suspect they're flooded with complaints now, so it might take longer for them to respond; my experience was pre-exploit.

I guess the key would be patience and politeness. If these people's tickets are as bad as their forum posts, no wonder they're getting poor response.
  • fuse410fuse410 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    I filed a ticket and got an automated response within 1-2 days. Then I wrote a polite response to support with more details about my issue, which then got a live person to answer. Within a few more e-mails (and days), the issue was cleared up. Though I suspect they're flooded with complaints now, so it might take longer for them to respond; my experience was pre-exploit.

I guess the key would be patience and politeness. If these people's tickets are as bad as their forum posts, no wonder they're getting poor response.

I've been playing MMOs for over a decade. I'm polite, clear, and detailed with every ticket I send. In my years of dealing with PWE it's never made a difference. Ticket volume isn't a factor, it's like this in every game.

EDIT: I shouldn't say volume isn't a factor. I'm sure it is. It would be more accurate to say that they have never been able to handle the volume when I have been playing, which has been up to 3 months after a game's full launch.