test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guardian Fighter's Guard ability not working properly.

2»

Comments

• Options
    adeptusenginusadeptusenginus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mortatti wrote: »
    Oh great. So this is supposed to be a nerf to GF then. Well, I didnt realise the intention was to completely screw the class. Yesterday I went into a dungeon, dashed to a boss and clicked shift to tank the adds for my party. Oh wait, block didnt work, because as intended apparently, I took full damage from all mobs and died instantly. Isnt that precious?

Then get raised after the embarrassment to realize that during random times my guard just drops with me still holding shift, just because I moved around a bit and to get it back up I have to break my finger and my keyboard spamming shift so I dont die instantly because Im taunting all the ****ing mobs as a GF should do.

I guess its time to make another character until the break something else INTENTIONALLY. Thank you so much.

Uh, did you actually read the post?

Basically, there was a manipulation that allowed ANY class, not just GF, to infinitely use whatever resource was tied to Stamina. In otherwords, GF could Indefinitely block, GWF could indefinitely charge, TR CW & DC could infinitely dodge, etc. The reason for this is that Cryptic foolishly made a very VERY rookie mistake by making the values for these actions determined client-side, which meant all that needed to be done to pull it off was tell the client on your side that you were not actually out of stamina, and the serverside had no values to dismiss it.

In response, Cryptic in a rushed method, moved the Stamina communications server-side, which rendered the hacks void, but also had the side effect of subjecting all forms of stamina to server latency which not only can be wonky, but the rushed nature of this fix also seems to have resulted in VERY poor communication between the client and the server on the matter, making it so that dodging or blocking is ALWAYS laggy as opposed to potentially laggy.

GF isn't the only one being effected; ALL classes are. If you play anything and dodge around you'll notice that a lot of the time you rubberband back to where you started. The only real difference is that GF is the only case where the class is fundamentally broken as a result because of the fact Guard is GF's stamina meter. You're holding shift to block, and it's taking a moment for the server to get the message on what you're trying to do, resulting in it not registering for a moment. The problem is that they can't just "fix" this; if they move it back client side, it can be manipulated again, and fixing the latency will likely mean they have to spend time sprucing up the netcode (which frankly, needs to happen anyway) which could take awhile.
  • Options
    lasandorlasandor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bumping and adding my name to this list. Just started the game this weekend coming from a lot of other MMO's always a tank or healer. Wanted to build a tank to help out and it feels impossible to level this character with block broken the way it is. Played control wizard instead for a few hours and think im gonna have to switch this this is fixed. Another tank lost due to no fix

I will start a new character too, because there is still no fix....

They can nerf or leave the GF broken, but sooner or later only the masochistic will play with that character and other players have to wait in the line much more to go down to a dungeon.
  • Options
    hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lasandor wrote: »
    I will start a new character too, because there is still no fix....

They can nerf or leave the GF broken, but sooner or later only the masochistic will play with that character and other players have to wait in the line much more to go down to a dungeon.

why developers don't say us if they are trying to do something or not? GF has a lot of problems: bugged guard, low aggro, litterally zero damage... now rogue is the tank.
  • Options
    meitranmeitran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited June 2013
    The only bug i care about at the moment is this one. It's more important then anything else, including a working AH.
  • Options
    lonewolf63ptlonewolf63pt Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    meitran wrote: »
    The only bug i care about at the moment is this one. It's more important then anything else, including a working AH.

Agree 100%. Im even thinking of giving out tanking because its almost impossible to do it right, specially on the last bosses's dungeons where you're getting prone and throwed away because the freaking shield failed to activate and, so, taking an awesome lot of damage and losing aggro.
    Its just not fun at all anymore. :(
    Would love to have a Toggle Double XP option, so i can play on Double XP events. TY.
  • Options
    vinagre2vinagre2 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Will they fix it this week? this month? this year? who knows! It seems that one class broken is not enough important for this company
  • Options
    xenobiusxenobius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vinagre2 wrote: »
    Will they fix it this week? this month? this year? who knows! It seems that one class broken is not enough important for this company

I know, I know, not original.
    Still, fits quite well, IMO.

pwe.png
  • Options
    vinagre2vinagre2 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Up

Patch today in a few hours... this is the third or fourth patch after the bug appears, still no patch notes
  • Options
    brazilianguybrazilianguy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    still the issue, i have a GF lvl 44, it is my only char, and was loving so much to have it, now, im really thinking about leaving the game and try again on a later date, 2 many ppl complaining about it, and nothing is done. its going for the 2nd week with the issue. 2 annoying weeks, im downloading some other games already. PWE got some issues they never fix, lets hope this is not one of them.
  • Options
    ngeongeo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I also believe that PWE is ****. I wish cryptic was soloing that game...