test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to I make a Dragon?

shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Maybe I am missing something, I am a bit new to this, but learning fast...

The only dragons I see in the appearances for NPCs/Enemies is the 'dragonlings'... am I missing something? This is dungeons and DRAGONS right? lol... so... where are the dragons?? Thinking of making a specific adventure into something people can play through, but it requires a dragon!! :(
Post edited by shadoewrayth on

Comments

• Options
    nokturnelnokturnel Member Posts: 173 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Maybe I am missing something, I am a bit new to this, but learning fast...

The only dragons I see in the appearances for NPCs/Enemies is the 'dragonlings'... am I missing something? This is dungeons and DRAGONS right? lol... so... where are the dragons?? Thinking of making a specific adventure into something people can play through, but it requires a dragon!! :(

Yea they gave us no bosses to use and that includes dragons. :(

We can only use elites and there's only 5 solo encounters to pick from. (High health enemies immune to CC)

You can however scale enemies to be larger by turning on advanced mode. So take that Dragonling, turn on advanced mode, scale it as big as possible and stick the costume on a different mob. Though at best, it'll probably look like a Drake and not a full grown Dragon.
    -Protect the Caravan-
    Fun 15-20 Minute Heavy Combat Quest with a difficulty slider. Hand crafted environments and encounters.
    Code: NW-DSVCX8LD4
    Thread URL: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?257391-Protect-the-Caravan
  • Options
    duskdweller78duskdweller78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But you could try with a "limited wish"!
    Campaign:Different Seasons
    Author: @BardicKnowledge
    Q1: Prologue - The Lady and the Worm NW-DPQPJSVTH
    Tags: #Challenge, #Story, #Solo, #Group
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Have tried the advanced tools, and even then the size doesn't change =/ Cannot change the color either... Get red dragonlings, 4 sizes from diminutive to small unfortunately...

Would really love if they at least gave us the skins for certain enemies... I understand not having 'bosses' (solo's) because I think it is possible to abuse that (in the wrong direction), IE. a TRUE boss plus several other enemies? Would make it a death trap, and if you build the quest right, you could lure people into certain death at the end... (kind of a 'troll' type thing, right?)

Also, I think that they may be worried about people making a quest where killing the boss is easy due to terrain placed or something, and the code prolly includes automatically giving rare or better drops... so could possibly be exploited there as well...

But, would be nice to have the SKINS to attach to the elites lol
  • Options
    drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nokturnel wrote: »
    Yea they gave us no bosses to use and that includes dragons. :(
    They can't risk our adventures being better than theirs. :p
    Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
    Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drakesigar wrote: »
    They can't risk our adventures being better than theirs. :p
    Sturgeon's Law is in full effect with the content pouring out of the foundry. And not everything that gets featured is in the 10%.

Anyway, they don't give us the delve/skirmish bosses because they require a specific type of environment and/or some heavy scripting to work properly. That unfortunately includes stuff like the Beholders and Dragons.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Anyway, they don't give us the delve/skirmish bosses because they require a specific type of environment and/or some heavy scripting to work properly. That unfortunately includes stuff like the Beholders and Dragons.

I understand needing a certain amount of room for some things, or needing specific shapes or terrain, etc... but scripting? No more in depth than the scripting on some of the elites we have available. One of them has 4 or 5 different actions it takes and seems to like some more than others... this is no different than the bosses in Cloak Tower (while low level, it still serves as an example of some bosses)... They call for allies, they charge, they leap, they smash... with a dragon... claw/claw, tail swipe, wing buffet, breath, stomp, bite... 6 different attacks vs 4 or 5, not much difference lol, it's just a bigger lizard, so gotta have a bigger room.
  • Options
    delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    For now we get dungeons. The dragons portion of "D&D" will come a bit later for foundry content, I assume. :p

They have a lot on their plate right now that I imagine is much higher priority than foundry. It'll come.
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I understand needing a certain amount of room for some things, or needing specific shapes or terrain, etc... but scripting? No more in depth than the scripting on some of the elites we have available. One of them has 4 or 5 different actions it takes and seems to like some more than others... this is no different than the bosses in Cloak Tower (while low level, it still serves as an example of some bosses)... They call for allies, they charge, they leap, they smash... with a dragon... claw/claw, tail swipe, wing buffet, breath, stomp, bite... 6 different attacks vs 4 or 5, not much difference lol, it's just a bigger lizard, so gotta have a bigger room.
    I did say "and/or", implying that not every boss fight needs special scripting to work well. Also, the final boss of Cloak Tower would be a complete pushover (as in "easy solo mode for a decently geared/specced dps at the same level") if the constant add waves at lower health were taken out, as would many of the other bosses.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I sort of feel shafted by the devs in a lot of ways due to Foundry limitations, and the staff cracking down on me just for trying to get plays in General Discussion. Broken search, can't advertise outside this section, no dragons or good bosses, no triggers to choose when teleporters appear, holes in cave walls.. And how about that Foundry music they said they had found a fix for a week or two ago? There's been several patches since that announcement, and they've yet to actually fix it. Plus, it seems there's a conspiracy that I won't go into detail about because my buddy had his account violated for speaking about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We should have atleast Dragons or some bosses, they don't need to be extremely coded as the code would be there...

They would require a large-ish room if anything
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't care if I can get the actual 'boss' themselves... the SKINS are what I want lol...

Almost everything a Boss can do, the Elites will do as well (they just don't have the ginormous health bar to make you spend 5 minutes killing them)... and as for spawning adds? /shrug, that can be scripted by YOU as well... and you can sort of make 'boss fights'...

For instance, make a solo elite, give him the property that says he will fight til low health then surrender... and make a quest objective fight X until he gets tired (or something)... then have 6 groups of spawns appear (set to appear when objective complete), new objective is to fight the adds (once a specific 3 are dead, though, the elite boss is respawned for the next task to beat on him some more)... and while the PC's are fighting off 6 groups of enemies, him disappearing and reappearing is prolly going to go unnoticed... and once he is beaten down again, trigger task complete, 6 more groups, once the magic 3 die (have 6 spawn, but only 3 selected for needing to be killed, the other 3 are fluff), he does his trick again, but this time if he dies, he is dead...

Can even give chat for him, stuff like, "Ugh, that was a good hit! GUARDS GET THEM!!" or whatever...

There IS a way to mess with it and MAKE a boss fight... BUT... still no boss SKINS!!

The game is apparently not Dungeons and Dragons, but Crypts & Undead/Humanoid Enemies... not much of the same ring to it, but this is what it feels like...