test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Getting Started

breidrbreidr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So, I posted in the Fighter forums a while ago looking for help, and everyone immedietly came back and told me to reroll and wasn't all that helpful. I figured I'd retry my approach.

I'll start by saying I did play the Original NWN, but I got through the game by pushing the "recommended" button. It rolled me a fighter so I thought I'd try one here. Apparently that's not a good choice?

I was just looking for an easy build that could get me through PvE. To be honest, I'm more interested in story and such. Skirmishes were also kind of fun, but I don't plan on PvPing too much, maybe just for the hell of it, but nothing serious.

Seeing as know nothing about build or gear, is there a class that is a little bit lighter ion that side so I can get my bearings? I figure I'll use one slot now and when the game gets more mature and I understand it more roll another class, seeing as they are also going to release new ones. I just honestly don't know where to go from here.
Post edited by breidr on

Comments

• mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I've tried every class so far and can honestly say this:
    Guardian Fighter and Great Weapon Fighter both are much weaker (comparatively) before about level 15
    With that aside, I'm finding GWF to be immense fun and have just hit 25. I am running a power/crit/armor pen build to help me blast through enemies quicker.

edit: Try each class (create, get through the tutorial, delete, create, etc) and see what feels the most fun. Admittedly GF and GWF do less damage than the others, but every class has a unique feel and fun to it. I wish I had more character slots!
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Apparently that's not a good choice?

The fighters seem to be a bit low powered to a lot of people, but the devs have said that they are looking at class balance.
    is there a class that is a little bit lighter ion that side so I can get my bearings?

Rogues are typically considered easy to learn and play.

Honestly though, play the class you enjoy, and you will learn as you go. The choices are little bit limited right now, with only one paragon per class, and the five classes, but more will be coming out eventually. My best advice would be play what looks interesting to you, but don't spend any money until you find one you really want to make your main character.
  • mamatankmamatank Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    Especially if you're not interested in competetive play, you should choose the combat style you most prefer. You're going to find plenty of complainers on a free-to-play internet forum who will talk bad about any potential choice you make.

I play a Guardian Fighter and I like the play style of hiding behind a shield and trying to take as little damage as possible. Group play was tough through level 34, but once I got my level 35 at-will power, I started enjoying that aspect more.

Just pick the class that has the combat playstyle that fits your personality the best.