test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dark truths and white lies: Review trading <3

niktikaniktika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Foundry Quest Database
If you have a quick 15 minutes, can you check out my quest. It's relatively short.

NW-DMYTYQFFE

Any comments are welcome, good and bad.
Post edited by niktika on

Comments

• Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I played this quest with a L47 Guardian Fighter (with a cat, no healer). Below are my Quick Impressions. :)

What it is
    A short, story-centric adventure with memorable characters and impressive world building.

What I liked
    One of the two highlights is the creative writing. The two characters that the player encounters have depth and unique personalities, and left me with a desire to learn more about them and their relationship. The other noteworthy aspect of this quest is the world building. The path down the ruins is beautifully done and rich in atmosphere. One of the prettiest locations I've seen in a Foundry quest so far.

What could be improved
    I arrived at the ruins with 6/8 monster groups slain, and then I had to backtrack and actively search for monsters, which broke the immersion a little because the goal was to make it to the ruins in one piece (which I had done, but my hands were not bloody enough!). The encounter at the end felt too hard and potion-intensive. Getting sucked in (not blockable) and knocked over (not blockable) in quick succession wasn't fun. But then, I generally find the Witcher types of mobs tricky with a Guardian Fighter because there is no quick way to get out as fighting roots the character. I felt a little like a ball in a pinball machine. There were some spelling errors ("immideatly" in the closing dialogue with Vox, I believe), but those did not take away from quality of the writing.

All in all
    This is the kind of quest that I could play without a single combat encounter and I would feel well entertained! The beautiful setting and the solid writing almost make this an interactive short story. I enjoyed it!

Dark Truths and White Lies, NW-DMYTYQFFE
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!