test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Super damage debuff

mazmarhaunmazmarhaun Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
From time to time, and for no understandable reason, I'll be afflicted with a severe damage reduction in pvp. And I'm not talking a reduction that you'd think would balance a higher level player down to a lower level player to match the players in the tier. I'm talking a reduction between 1/3 to 1/2. And I've been taking notes on when it takes place and what the circumstances might be.

So far it's happened at one point or another on every level between 20 all the way through 46, which I am currently. When it happens, it will last for more than five consecutive matches before it goes away, and it doesn't seem to follow a pattern or formula for when it starts. Like today, I played two games no problem. Then BAM 50% damage reduction. It hasn't gone away yet and I just finished my 10th game of the day.

When it happens, it completely flattens my ability to be competitive. My crits with ice dagger would normally hit for 5-6k. When I'm reduced, I'm lucky to break 1k.

Does this happen to anyone else? So far only my two friends have experienced the same thing and told me about it.
Post edited by mazmarhaun on

Comments

• mazmarhaunmazmarhaun Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just finished five matches in a row, made it to level 47, and still am experiencing the damage reduction. Unless my opponent is a poor player and I can out play him, I can't with any well matched fights.
  • mazmarhaunmazmarhaun Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finished tonights pvp run and only had two matches right at the beginning where I was doing full damage. Does anyone know what's up with that?
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I believe many people have said there is some bug with the level scaling.

Edit - Like x5 to x8, and you get nerfed
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, but it seems like it exists at level 60 too. I would not at all be surprised if there is a random factor.
  • onodrakonodrak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Wizard Chill Stacks, Ray of Enfeeblement, and another spell IIRC will reduce your damage significantly. Also attacking enemies in cleric circles will do the same. They can be hard to see sometimes as they are very faint when they are enemy.

Now that I think about it, it might be possible to reduce someone's damage to 0 for a few seconds... I will have to try that in pvp next time.