test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lead developers Foundry comments from "State of the Game"

zogvarnokazogvarnoka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
We also have a lot of updates in the works for the Foundry. It's been great to see our players helping each other out, sharing their missions in our brand-new Foundry Spotlight forums, and contributing to the Official Wiki. Right now we're bringing in more player-requested assets, along with expanded functionality for three dimensional editing. We're also working to better organize missions in the catalog and aggregate legitimate peer feedback.

Sounds like they have really been listening to us. Just wish they would get some of this in game during the patches.
Removing the Grey Mask
NW-DJ56XFK6G
My first installment in the Rise of Shadovar Campaign.
Post edited by zogvarnoka on

Comments

• kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You realize he's a marketing droid, right? Just read this right at the beginning
    "First, I want to say we’ve all been tremendously pleased with the positive feedback and constant support we’ve received from our players throughout Open Beta."

I don't know if you've been to general discussion or not, but if that's "positive feedback" I'm Santa.
  • zogvarnokazogvarnoka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Kama, I've listened to and read a couple of interviews done with him. He hardly comes across as a marketing droid in those. And yes I've read GD. It is a cesspool just like most games' GD are after open beta hits. I tend to ignore 99% of the post there as they wind up being nothing but trolls and uneducated QQ.
    Removing the Grey Mask
    NW-DJ56XFK6G
    My first installment in the Rise of Shadovar Campaign.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You realize he's a marketing droid, right? Just read this right at the beginning
    "First, I want to say we’ve all been tremendously pleased with the positive feedback and constant support we’ve received from our players throughout Open Beta."

I don't know if you've been to general discussion or not, but if that's "positive feedback" I'm Santa.

There is a lot of positive feedback on the forums, hell even some of the negativity in GD can be positive feedback once it's ran through the CM and delivered to the relevant people. Other stuff is just people trying to kill the game and failing however.
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually if you look at responses on Neverwinter's facebook and twitter, they have been getting alot more positive feedback, and not just in the sense that it's all glad-handing. But the feedback about the issues in the game has been more well reasoned with an intent to actually help, not take swipes at the devs and the game like the worst parts of the forums. But having toxic forums is practically a defining characteristic of MMO's. I remember the threats of violence to the devs in EQ, and the explosion when enhancments got DR in CoH, and I didn't even play SWG and still read some of the vitriol about NGE from that one.
  • kyeo138kyeo138 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013

That's because people who don't like the game are in the forums complaining. The majority of us who really do like the game are playing it or building quests in the foundry instead of QQing on the forums :)