test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fresh 60 -- smartest way to spend 1 million AD?

pilotmikepilotmike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Library
I got a very lucky auction and made some good AD today. I JUST hit 60 and am curious how to best put those AD to use?

I'd heard a cat was a very good companion and costs about 1M AD. Maybe buy an Ioun stone? How about swapping to zen and buying a mount? Enchants for gear or just flat out buy gear? (although right now my gear is TERRIBLE, I certainly wouldn't spend real AD buying enchants for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear; however, I did have enough valor to get the pvp wpn).

I appreciate any feedback.
Post edited by pilotmike on

Comments

• Options
    tristin09tristin09 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hands down, get a cat. Best AD you can spend.
  • Options
    demattodematto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd say go in for the Cat. You can PVP to get the first 60 set. If you have any AD leftover after the next few days while you do all this, you could put it towards picking up some blue level 60 rings, or some purples off the AH.
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you can get an Ioun Stone of Allure for less than 900kAD on the AH, go for it. It has a slightly different stat allocation than that of the Cat and can equip some different items, but is otherwise just as good.
  • Options
    teemoorteemoor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Why buy Ioun stone from AH for 900k if you can buy it from zen shop for 2k zen (~720k AD).

And yes - buy a cat or stone.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    teemoor wrote: »
    Why buy Ioun stone from AH for 900k if you can buy it from zen shop for 2k zen (~720k AD).

And yes - buy a cat or stone.
    My suggestion for the price was based on the last AD:Zen conversion rate I could remember seeing on Dragon (around 430:1, which works out to 860k AD for 2k Zen) yesterday. Granted, the only allure stones up on the Dragon AH atm are way overpriced (1M AD and higher).

Then again, just about any Zen item you find on AH is more expensive there than it would be to convert the AD to Zen and buy the item yourself. This is especially true for keys and bags.
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only real sure buys right now would be a good companion (cat/stone) or shirt/pants (since dragon eggs cost as much/more as the crafted product). You can get just about everything else without spending anything.
  • Options
    qryticalqrytical Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Smartest way to spend 1mil is to flip enchantments to make more, then have enough to buy both a cat, enchantments and T2 gear.

Basically, look for shards/enchantments where the cost of buying 4 of the lower ones + a ward is considerably cheaper than the cost of buying the fused version. I've been able to make consistent profits of up to 100k per sale by flipping things like vorpal, soulforge, plaguefire, etc.

The reason why it's nice to start with 1 mil is because sometimes you need to spend 200k to get 350k back. The more capital you start with, the more things you can invest on and the more profits you get. Just be sure you're buying your starting materials at a low price (i.e. if wards are too expensive, then wait til they're lowest in price to buy them, same with shards, etc).

It can also be done with gear, but I prefer the enchantment market because there are less things to keep track of the price and the market is a lot less susceptible to deflation by boss/delve exploits compared with gear.
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    qrytical wrote: »
    Smartest way to spend 1mil is to flip enchantments to make more, then have enough to buy both a cat, enchantments and T2 gear.

Basically, look for shards/enchantments where the cost of buying 4 of the lower ones + a ward is considerably cheaper than the cost of buying the fused version. I've been able to make consistent profits of up to 100k per sale by flipping things like vorpal, soulforge, plaguefire, etc.

It can also be done with gear, but I prefer the enchantment market because there are less things to keep track of the price and the market is a lot less susceptible to deflation by boss/delve exploits compared with gear.

Considering the wards cost at least 1000 zen each, that would require a bit of capital to get into I imagine. I was pretty disappointed to see 4 shards have a 1% chance of becoming a useful enchant (and a lesser one at that). Really clear exactly where Cryptic expects to make money off players in the game.
  • Options
    qryticalqrytical Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elyrielle wrote: »
    Considering the wards cost at least 1000 zen each, that would require a bit of capital to get into I imagine. I was pretty disappointed to see 4 shards have a 1% chance of becoming a useful enchant (and a lesser one at that). Really clear exactly where Cryptic expects to make money off players in the game.

I buy my wards for 100k at the AH.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I buy my wards for 100k at the AH.

Well good to see people are pretty ignorant of the true value of things I guess :P
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    elyrielle wrote: »
    Well good to see people are pretty ignorant of the true value of things I guess :P
    The Coalescent Wards on AH mostly come from the Coffer of Wonderous Augmentation (7 Celestial Coins), which you can set up a minor farm for fairly easily (you'll get a bunch of Preservation Wards as well). But those are just about the only things you get cheaper through the AH than you would by converting AD to Zen.
  • Options
    jaz182jaz182 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The reason why it's nice to start with 1 mil is because sometimes you need to spend 200k to get 350k back. The more capital you start with, the more things you can invest on and the more profits you get. Just be sure you're buying your starting materials at a low price (i.e. if wards are too expensive, then wait til they're lowest in price to buy them, same with shards, etc).

I totally agree, you gotta have money to make money, and I do the same as qrytical, it pays well.