test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Did they nerf clerics?

coglovercoglover Member Posts: 97
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
is it just me that feels way weaker and healing way less than before this patch? i may be paranoid .. but i felt the change was pretty big
Post edited by coglover on

Comments

• valrain2valrain2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coglover wrote: »
    is it just me that feels way weaker and healing way less than before this patch? i may be paranoid .. but i felt the change was pretty big
    Yes. Our DD power and SELF-healing power has been seriously nerfed. So far as I can tell, our healing for others is still about the same.

A few days ago, I was able to hold my own when healing aggro made me the tank. Today, I don't think I could kill a mosquito. It has to be a bug; I'm hitting trash mobs for 300-500, when 2 days ago it was 800-1200? I don't know what they're doing to this game, but so far it's been a lot of nerf, nerf, nerf... :mad:

Cryptic, put it back the way it was in beta weekend 1. It was fine then. Clerics are nearly useless now and impossible to level without a party.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    valrain2 wrote: »
    Cryptic, put it back the way it was in beta weekend 1. It was fine then. Clerics are nearly useless now and impossible to level without a party.

What? You do know that it's not considered an exploit to play with your eyes open, right?
  • cthultistcthultist Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Clerics need a party to level up ?!? What kind of madness is this ?!? Im a lvl 55 cleric and the leveling experience is a blast, soloing everything, killing packs of mobs at once. To be honest its the best leveling experience as a healing character in my past 10 years of mmo experience.
  • bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valrain2 wrote: »
    Yes. Our DD power and SELF-healing power has been seriously nerfed. So far as I can tell, our healing for others is still about the same.

A few days ago, I was able to hold my own when healing aggro made me the tank. Today, I don't think I could kill a mosquito. It has to be a bug; I'm hitting trash mobs for 300-500, when 2 days ago it was 800-1200? I don't know what they're doing to this game, but so far it's been a lot of nerf, nerf, nerf... :mad:

Dude, if you open your powers screen...there is a class power at the top called "Righteousness" its been there the whole time and it states this

All your healing powers are less efficient on your self as opposed to others....
  • roastedporkroastedpork Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just bad 4/10
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You know, I never willingly made my main char a cleric and the first time I do Cryptic bent them over good.
  • vaerdisvaerdis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well this last patch felt alittle funny, damage is roughly the same but im taking in SOOOO much damage now frm critters i walked all over before.. now its like **** need to heal every second
  • datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm not seeing any difference,I still to average damage and still get hit by a ****etonne of mobs for a ****etonne of damage.So in effect,nothing to se here...move along. =P
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They didn't nerf Clerics.

If they had, the class forums would be crawling with the theorycrafters and all-day players, who are extremely sensitive to changes (including the kind of people who copy and paste combat logs to process them in Excel or scripts), explaining loudly. There hasn't been so much as a peep...

All they did in the last patch was remove some exploits and buff some encounters, like Temple of Spider and Spellplague.

Anyway, you have to realise that every class exists in presence of others. Cleric happens to have by far the clearest role while GF & GWF roles, design and synergy are far behind the others. So, even if they had nerfed Clerics in some way, it would just mean that Double Cleric runs would be even more popular or required in dungeons (e.g. epic Spellplague) - meaning, you would be in even more demand...