test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Epic pirateking runs 15-20 mins, smookebomb needs a heavy nerf plz

drunkiindrunkiin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Rogues smookebombs needs a heavy nerf, its retardedly op at this point of the game.
with 2 rogues in a group you can do insane pulls and just facetank it... its so broken plz fix this in next patch.
here is a video of my guild doing a pirate king run, footage from 2 runs the recording stopped after the first boss for some reason.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR8ZjhIwgLs

plz nerf the rogues or the game will die
Post edited by drunkiin on

Comments

• Options
    sacredchaossacredchaos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Right uhh.. you never die in pirate just from having 2 clerics so uh.. yea...

I can only hope this is sarcasm.
    GWF lvl 60.
    Completed all content waiting for more.
    And class balances.... trololollol.
  • Options
    ragemonkey83ragemonkey83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    What ??? u mean it cc's ??? no way!!

And I guess it has uber dmg with it as well so all the tissue brigade can rage on about it ......oh ...wait what is this ?? it doesn't have dmg, just allow us TR's to go hang our selves....

I love that every day there is yet another tear jerker about nerf TR's. Rangers are comming kids, ranged striker class, lets see that flood of tears when they do as much dmg as a TR from CW range.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Its to powerfull cant die in a smoookebomb dude its killing the game
  • Options
    byonahbyonah Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    The OP thing in that vid is stacking Astral Shield not the Smoke Bomb. Try doing the same thing without smoke bomb and you will succeed.

The first time we did Castle Never we had 1 DC using Astral Shield and 2 Rogues rotating Smoke Bomb to survive, otherwise it was a bit hard. Once we learned about stacking Astral we brought 2 DC and started doing even bigger pulls and standing inside red on purpose without any Smoke Bomb, face rolling Castle Never.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    but smookebomb makes mobs stand and dont use abillitys, its to strong and makes dungeons to easy
  • Options
    ragemonkey83ragemonkey83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    2x CW, 2x DC, 2x TR can reduce dmg taken by heaps by chaining abilities, don't see a call to nerf the other classes as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    its the rogues that breake the game with there insae dps and op smookebombs
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    u know they give up a dps ability to have smoke right ?, you know they have SFA armor right? And you know they are the only true dps class in the game as it stand? And you know they are melee base right?

I guess I'm just confused that TR is OP for doing its role, but hey I guess mass cc, armor or healing just arnt OP at all......

Can't wait for the drama the ranger will bring.
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    2x CW, 2x DC, 2x TR can reduce dmg taken by heaps by chaining abilities, don't see a call to nerf the other classes as well.

Can I get in on your six man team? We can just make it seven.

lol

Seriously though, guessing you meant 2 DC, 2 TR, 1 CW. (If the CW can perma-BH)
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    byonahbyonah Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    spacejew wrote: »

lol

i believe he meant any combination of those, when you stack 2 of the classes he mentioned etc.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    u know they give up a dps ability to have smoke right ?, you know they have SFA armor right? And you know they are the only true dps class in the game as it stand? And you know they are melee base right?

I guess I'm just confused that TR is OP for doing its role, but hey I guess mass cc, armor or healing just arnt OP at all......

Can't wait for the drama the ranger will bring.

in my group the rogues tank adds boss and do all dps op classssss
  • Options
    roadkillaroadkilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    working as intended.
  • Options
    isdavisdav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *sigh* watched that video and all I could think is that those pulls are a GWF's wetdream......then I realized no one actually takes GWF in those dungeons anyway, and then I was sad.

But on a serious note, yes as everyone else said, its not smokebomb that is trivializing that dungeon it is most certainly double stacking astral shield.
  • Options
    asphidonasphidon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The beauty of tears cascading down the cheek of one. ZOMG ROWGZ 2 OP NERF NERF WAAAH! The fact that Trickster Rogues have a single AoE CC ability that does NO DAMAGE, makes them sooo OP. That it trivializes content? CWs rotating Steal Time and/or Icy Terrain would have the exact same effect. Or as others have mentioned, the beloved stacking blue circles. It must be OP that GF and GWF have knockbacks and prones, too, right? It must be OP that any other class other than a CC has any sort of control abilities. But yet, you don't hear the cries against the double Astral Shield (Divine) a fraction as much. The way this game's community rolls: "If I can't do 'X', then 'X' is super OP! Nerf nerf!" or likewise "So and so can do 'X', and not just that, but 'Y' as well! NERF IT! NERF IT WITH FIRE!"
    People just need to calm down and learn to play to the strengths of their own classes. Off-hand, I can't think of a single class that can't do at least one thing outside of their designated role.
    15.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    spacejew wrote: »

lol

no I ment that 2 of any of them can control a fight into the ground , not that a team would have 6 ppl in it , I am just showing that class stacking has the same result for more than just TR's
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    drunkiin wrote: »
    in my group the rogues tank adds boss and do all dps op classssss

You get that any player can tank a boss in this game if you have the dps to hold agro ?? 90% of the boss attacks are casts and that means big red warning to get the hell out, good time for a dodge if you ask me.....

you are making drama over one class when many can do the same thing, the issue is that TR's have high dmg, as a striker class they **** well should have, and this is why they semi tank the bosses, they take no dmg because of the easily dodged boss attacks and the double stack DC's of doom.

Now if rumors are true, ranger and warlock are next and they will both be strikers, what that means is high dmg in its simplest form, factor in that they are ranged and I wont be amazed by the tears when they simply kite bosses about until death. it is not the class, nor the player that is at fault, simply the game design.
  • Options
    jipatsujipatsu Member Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    Oh noes, I better stash my GF to the closet and reroll rogue.
  • Options
    alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If rogues are not op, make a team with 2 cleric (to abuse of double astral), 1 GF, 1 GWF and 1 CW. Why most of the team are different? Well, we all know the answer :) The rest is just flame.