test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Keys the new cats?

ayginaygin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Checking the chat on Dragon today, I am seeing items being traded for an insane amount of keys (when they clearly should not be worth that much). Example are many, just check the Zone chat yourself. As keys must be bought through the zen market, would that not indicate that poeple have been buying zen with AD first? And would that not suggest that there is still too much AD in circulation?
Post edited by aygin on

Comments

• steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aygin wrote: »
    Checking the chat on Dragon today, I am seeing items being traded for an insane amount of keys (when they clearly should not be worth that much). Example are many, just check the Zone chat yourself. As keys must be bought through the zen market, would that not indicate that poeple have been buying zen with AD first? And would that not suggest that there is still too much AD in circulation?

It's a way to use the AD while the AH is down. People can't use their AD, so they stockpile another currency that can be trades (Keys), so they're willing to sell more AD.

Also due to the recent exploit, the trust on AD as a currency has lowered, so people feel like they should exchange it for a "safer" currency.

It's just how the economy works, nothing new under the sky. :P

Trust is very important. If people don't trust a currency, it loses value so people will be more eager of getting rid of it.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    It's a way to use the AD while the AH is down. People can't use their AD, so they stockpile another currency that can be trades (Keys), so they're willing to sell more AD.

Also due to the recent exploit, the trust on AD as a currency has lowered, so people feel like they should exchange it for a "safer" currency.

It's just how the economy works, nothing new under the sky. :P

Trust is very important. If people don't trust a currency, it loses value so people will be more eager of getting rid of it.

It's probably more about the fact that you can't trade AD.
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Read the first part of my second sentence: "People can't use their AD [...]" :)
    Characters:

• unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another interesting thing to note is that some people are literally selling dozens and dozens of keys for gold. I would not doubt that some, not all, are laundering dirty AD from exploits. Then again, that's just a theory.

I could understand a few people selling a key or two for gold but not the same people (over and over, throughout the whole day) selling dozens of keys and all this for GOLD. lol... For tje buyer of a key, (including lots lowbies and fresh 60s have some gold but not much AD), they want the key to eventually sell for AD since they don't have much of it and it's a good way to convert gold to AD. Some of those sellers are questionable, IMO.
    edited May 2013
    Another interesting thing to note is that some people are literally selling dozens and dozens of keys for gold. I would not doubt that some, not all, are laundering dirty AD from exploits. Then again, that's just a theory.

I could understand a few people selling a key or two for gold but not the same people (over and over, throughout the whole day) selling dozens of keys and all this for GOLD. lol... For tje buyer of a key, (including lots lowbies and fresh 60s have some gold but not much AD), they want the key to eventually sell for AD since they don't have much of it and it's a good way to convert gold to AD. Some of those sellers are questionable, IMO.

Could be, but it may also be related to the fact that post 60 it gets a bit harder to stockpile gold and potionchugging becomes a necesity the more you delve into endgame content. Mind that there is no way to buy your consumables through AD and this gives gold a comparative value that shouldn't be underestimated.

Also, there is no way to "inflate" the value of gold neither buy it ingame, so trading it for other goods (especially gear, which is becoming less and less valuable as more people are reaching endgame content) becomes more interesting.
    Characters:

• unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could be, but it may also be related to the fact that post 60 it gets a bit harder to stockpile gold and potionchugging becomes a necesity the more you delve into endgame content. Mind that there is no way to buy your consumables through AD and this gives gold a comparative value that shouldn't be underestimated.

Also, there is no way to "inflate" the value of gold neither buy it ingame, so trading it for other goods (especially gear, which is becoming less and less valuable as more people are reaching endgame content) becomes more interesting.

True, gold is pretty stable. I'm sure the keys sell well enough but at some of those ridiculous prices sellers want, probably not flying off the shelves.
  • vaeledrinvaeledrin Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

SPEND AD TO BUY VENDOR GOODS (that are horribly overpriced ) THEN... VENDOR THEM! Or PvP to vendor gear which is just as sad but funny.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah looks like a lot of exploiters is still alive on dragon,430+ for zen is there all time and huge piles of zens are buying out fast like 10k zen or so in few sec if drops under 430 so think exploiters buying keys for zen and then sell them for gold or trade :(
  • masabooooooomasabooooooo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Lol, I think the background of this is because the AD/ZEN exchange is out now.
    Exploit AD people still alive and they change AD to ZEN, and then to the keys.
    Think thats how so many keys around, how do u think?
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Read the first part of my second sentence: "People can't use their AD [...]" :)

Yes , very sorry. :o
  • jarlax1jarlax1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    Personally, I have purchased keys from the zeni market for real money to then trade for other goods. I read these threads about thing costing to much and wondered if you guys ever checked the AD gear vendor. If the AD vendor sells a BLUE price of armor for 1million AD what do you think I should sell items for on the AH? The game itself set the bar that high, lower the vendor costs for items and AH prices will go down etc.
  • zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    Are keys getting duped again? Sheesh
    edited May 2013
    jarlax1 wrote: »
    Personally, I have purchased keys from the zeni market for real money to then trade for other goods. I read these threads about thing costing to much and wondered if you guys ever checked the AD gear vendor. If the AD vendor sells a BLUE price of armor for 1million AD what do you think I should sell items for on the AH? The game itself set the bar that high, lower the vendor costs for items and AH prices will go down etc.

That 1 million AD armor is cosmetic, it's meant to look <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> probably so you can tailor it with others.
    Characters: