test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Companions in Dungeon Delves

ninjanick2012ninjanick2012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Anyone else think that they should remove the ability to have companions in dungeons? I am sure many may be against at first, but hear me out. From a melee perspective. There is just to much visual clutter to deal with in combat. Between all of the adds, and then the variety of different companions, it is tough to find your own character. Sometimes, it is hard to even find the stealth/block meters.

If companions where removed, perhaps we wouldn't need so many adds as well. This might help a bit with some of the boss fight too. What do you guys think?
Post edited by ninjanick2012 on

Comments

• Options
    shadedkinshadedkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No I like companions and imbuing stats into them. Its another small way of item diversity to a said class. If you don't like seeing them then request this in the options menu.

[X] Hide other companions.
    [X] Hide personal companion.

Also, I think when soloing you should be able to have two active companions. Sorta help make a mini group but they are not strong enough to do dungeons. (unless you're a rogue of course hah :p)
    11k+ GS CW | Langor@shadedkin | Dragon Server76561198027499089.png
  • Options
    archwardenarchwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    At level 60 all you do normally is dungeons and pvp.
    If they forbid companions at dungeons too, what would be the point of having them anyway?
    For leveling? Might as well seek a friend for the few encounters you won't be able to handle while leveling.

Since they put 'em in the first place, which imo is a bit immersion breaking for us, but obviously cash for them, I say they should stay.
    Availiable for hire for T1/T2 DD at Mindflayer (european gmts):
    Gaurwulf - GF, hybrid tank/dps, GS 12.5k
  • Options
    wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    archwarden wrote: »
    At level 60 all you do normally is dungeons and pvp.
    If they forbid companions at dungeons too, what would be the point of having them anyway?

The above, and at lvl 60 more and more people are using stat companions like the Ioun Stone or the Critty Cat, which add stats directly to their master. No one who bought one of those wants them to be disallowed in content.
  • Options
    shad99shad99 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The above, and at lvl 60 more and more people are using stat companions like the Ioun Stone or the Critty Cat, which add stats directly to their master. No one who bought one of those wants them to be disallowed in content.

With how ridiculously expensive they are it would be horrible if you couldn't use them. I actually think it would be interesting to have them in PvP even (Swatting someones cleric pet in PvP would be entertaining). I just recently got a ioun stone on my lvl 60 and it's already sad that I can't give it some nice PvP xp to help it level...

Anyways... I'm all for visually disabling them, possibly with a criteria of something like X objects on screen. So they show up when 'at rest' and don't show up in the midst of a massive dungeon fight.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else think that they should remove the ability to have companions in dungeons? I am sure many may be against at first, but hear me out. From a melee perspective. There is just to much visual clutter to deal with in combat. Between all of the adds, and then the variety of different companions, it is tough to find your own character. Sometimes, it is hard to even find the stealth/block meters.

If companions where removed, perhaps we wouldn't need so many adds as well. This might help a bit with some of the boss fight too. What do you guys think?

I like my companion and its already annoying to have her restricted from PvP domination fights so I'm going with disagree...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Obviously your new to the game... and the forums. This has been posted at least a dozen times.

I like my Ion Stone.

Cleric and tank pets let you do dungeons that your group might normally not be able to finish. You may not like them but in many cases they are required.

As for clutter you play enough and you quickly get use to it. I mean seriously at most you have 5 players +5 pets. 10 total characters... have you ever raided?
  • Options
    adisonmakadisonmak Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Try to do some settings on your option menu first?
    In the HUD or Interface where u can set what to display & what not.... i cant remember which one.

it's fine for me at the moment as i can differentiate which are the players & which are the companions after i done some setting through there.
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm actually partially up for expanding the system to have basic UI commands....
  • Options
    ninjanick2012ninjanick2012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Umm. No, I am not new to the forums, or the game, if you cant be bothered to notice my join date. July 2012. I have been around here much longer than the majority of the forum community, and longer than anyone else who has posted here. Yes, I have raided in other games before, and in this one. Same problem exists in countless games. Too much visual clutter. With so many people attacking, I feel like I am not actually contributing to anything in a meaningful way. 10 people mindlessly hacking away at a boss isnt too much fun. Whateves. I guess I am the only person left who feels this way.
  • Options
    darkkniqht2darkkniqht2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    good job mennn
  • Options
    machinegunbluesmachinegunblues Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, I heard you out.

No.
  • Options
    roadkillaroadkilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey my wolf nose buts and knocks down both of those are good interrupts and besides he works for biscuits.