test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Eye for an Eye, Review for Review!

vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Guys, since its so hard to be reviewed, i propose you to review your quest if you give a review of my quest.
Its simple, just post as follows after than you have done a review of a quest:

Name Of Your Quest
@Author Name Of Your Quest
Short Code
Link To Foundry Spotlight (Optional)

Act 1: The Abandoned Mine?
@Vold316
NW-DHD2OVVYC
Link: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?278221-Chapter-1-The-Abandoned-Mines

I hope that you enjoy it, i will be reviewing your quests as soon as i see your post! :)

On the High Seas @Rezail1989
NW-DJO7QLOMI
It turned out to be the best i've played so far.

Act I : The Fear That Freeze @voivodak
NW-DNUZSYEEY
A great quest.

The Cry from the Past @Dugada
NW-DDJJA7X98
It was fun and the idea was original.

Of Rats and Kobold @darkchimera80
NW-DDW8UAD3Z
Good story and writing, could be improved a lot.

Trouble in Mielikki's Glade @LordBen501
NW-DDF4OYHAZ
It was fun, but nothing out of common.

Misplaced Elf @Br0dyman
NW-DJNTSJAKY
Well placed encounters, it was fun. :)

A Strange Merchant @TripsOfThymr
NW-DAK2BFO2X
Nice attempt to use class skills, it was fun. But it could be better.

Labyrinth of the Pso'nul'ja @Gilidius
NW-DAIIR7LMF
I enjoyed the labyrinth, good job. It may need a different ending, it was too easy. :P

Tale of a key-losing Rat @tabris82
NW-DLNI2LJDW
Excellent job, i learnt some stuff and i had lot of fun.

Pool of the Dead @ADruvez
NW-DLTS5X6TO
It was fun, but needs more work! :)

Descendant of Simon part 1 @mrrobsworld
NW-DDMY3WOTA
Need a lot of work!

????? @zwallace
NW-DK7SPLPRP
Good job, keep working on it!

????? @xhanjira
NW-DEUNCAZP7
A great quest, still can be improved.

Any cave can lead to adventure@coanunn
NW-DQF4T7QYH
An excellent dungeon crawl.

Feast of the moon @xhrit
NWS-DBNPMFAWW
Fun, maybe too hard.

Nothing.

NEED MORE QUESTS!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
Post edited by vold316 on

Comments

• cobblercobbler Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Going to review it right now...

Please enjoy my quest.
    Quest: On the High Seas
    Author: Rezail1989
    Short Code: NW-DJO7QLOMI
    Duration: 23-30 minutes
    Difficulty: Medium to Hard
    Story: Not based on any lore as of yet all unique story.
  • voivodakvoivodak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    i'm going to play and review your quest in a few moments.
    My quest is in sign ;)
    My Campaign and Quest :

Campaign - In The Streams of Inferno
    Act I : The Fear That Freeze - nw-dnuzsyeey
    Act II : Demons Never Sleep - nw-dbj2us96n
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cobbler wrote: »
    Going to review it right now...

Please enjoy my quest.
    Quest: On the High Seas
    Author: Rezail1989
    Short Code: NW-DJO7QLOMI
    Duration: 23-30 minutes
    Difficulty: Medium to Hard
    Story: Not based on any lore as of yet all unique story.

I just reviewed your quest, it was amazing, I will subscribe to you! I would have given you 6 stars if i could. :P

Little details:

- Last map transition said Go to next map.
    - The first NPC to which we have to talk had some typos in the dialoge.

Thats all i could see, but it is nothing, really.

The only thing that may be a problem is that when i went back to Protectors Enclave, i had to remember where to turn in the quest, and i also had to relog because of cryptics bug.

Anyways, very good job! I learnt a lot of stuff that i will apply to my quest. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• cobblercobbler Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vold316 wrote: »
    I just reviewed your quest, it was amazing, I will subscribe to you! I would have given you 6 stars if i could. :P

Little details:

- Last map transition said Go to next map.
    - The first NPC to which we have to talk had some typos in the dialoge.

Thats all i could see, but it is nothing, really.

The only thing that may be a problem is that when i went back to Protectors Enclave, i had to remember where to turn in the quest, and i also had to relog because of cryptics bug.

Anyways, very good job! I learnt a lot of stuff that i will apply to my quest. :P

Hey thanks for the awesome review. Been putting a lot of time into it.
    So that being said i was able to review yours i had a few things, I will have to replay it because i didn't get a chance to write a review. The review box disappeared when i moved -.- anyway.

I will be giving it 4 stars, The direction was a bit weird and it was hard to navigate. My only big problem though was with my gnome i had a hard time with the rock and wood after i got trapped. I spent quiet a bit having to jump around to to get it. Other than that though it was good. Just a few things for the level design, i would add more webs with the spider place to make a sort of web tunnel. It would look awesome and just push your level that much more. Also there needs to be more lighting it was really dark and hard to see entrances and what not.
  • darkchimera80darkchimera80 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to start playing yours now. If you can find mine in the list, I would appreciate the trade. :3

Quest Name: Of Rats and Kobold
    Author: @darkchimera80
    Short Code: NW-DDW8UAD3Z
    Difficulty: maybe a 6/10?

This is my first one, so I'd like some honest feedback. I never really felt I was too great at writing stories, and I also tried to not make it too difficult combat-wise. so hopefully it's not too boring. ^_^;
    edited May 2013
    cobbler wrote: »
    Hey thanks for the awesome review. Been putting a lot of time into it.
    So that being said i was able to review yours i had a few things, I will have to replay it because i didn't get a chance to write a review. The review box disappeared when i moved -.- anyway.

I will be giving it 4 stars, The direction was a bit weird and it was hard to navigate. My only big problem though was with my gnome i had a hard time with the rock and wood after i got trapped. I spent quiet a bit having to jump around to to get it. Other than that though it was good. Just a few things for the level design, i would add more webs with the spider place to make a sort of web tunnel. It would look awesome and just push your level that much more. Also there needs to be more lighting it was really dark and hard to see entrances and what not.

Thanks. :D
    Right now i am working on my quest, after than playing yours i feel that my quest can be polished a lot!, specially the dialogs, since my native language is spanish (and not even in spanish i am good writing), it will take me a lot of time and effort to polish them.
    About the rock and the lever, ill check it out, i already modified it once because some players were getting stuck there. About the directions, when i first created the quest i thought that it would be nice not to add minimap markers, i only added some, i may change that in the future. Also, I will add those webs you suggested, and maybe more lights. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2013
    After that maintanance i will review you quests guys! :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• crowthorncrowthorn Member Posts: 96
    edited May 2013
    Great post Vold316 I actually came here to start a thread exactly like this..!

This is my first thread in these forums, first of many I hope.

The servers are currently down, but I will be sure to review all posts listed above. In fact I'm looking forward to supporting people from here more than on the ingame boards.

I have created and published my first Quest: The Waxing Moon NW-DGZ5RWKY4
    It is my first attempt and a bit basic.
    Running time - 18 min
    Difficulty - easy to medium

It was a learning experience, I'm currently working on something more ambitious and elaborate for my next run.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone is doing.

Cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dugadadugada Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    I will review your quest as soon as possible.

Here is mine:
    The Cry from the Past
    @Dugada
    NW-DDJJA7X98
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?256402-The-camp-and-bandits
    The Cry from the Past -(name changed from "The Camp and bandits")
    NW-DDJJA7X98
    Solo quest with a great story
    My foundry in Slovak language: NW-DOBV4VXBC
    Ezrianova skrysa
  • lordben501lordben501 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will also review your quest and some of the others posted here. In return, I hope some of you will try mine:

Trouble in Mielikki's Glade
    @LordBen501
    NW-DDF4OYHAZ
    Play Time: 20-30 Minutes
  • dugadadugada Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    So I played your quest, and maybe just one note:
    -Dont know what lvl you have, but remember that encounters are getting stronger and stronger each lvl you have - I was 39 thief and fights with chiefs was very hard, almost impossible to win (I died like 6-times) - they CC me in the begining and I was low hp in 3 sec, maybe you should consider to add difficulty slider

You made really nice enviroments, traps and stuff, I really like that
    The Cry from the Past -(name changed from "The Camp and bandits")
    NW-DDJJA7X98
    Solo quest with a great story
    My foundry in Slovak language: NW-DOBV4VXBC
    Ezrianova skrysa
    edited May 2013
    voivodak wrote: »
    i'm going to play and review your quest in a few moments.
    My quest is in sign ;)

I just reviewed your quest, i liked it it a lot, keep up the good job!
    I saw a bug: When i entered smellyville, i couldnt complete the first objective because i couldnt see the option to continue reading the book. So, i had to press enter.
    Also, the last dungeon may need additional details in the hallways.
    Oh, and i died like 6 times (GF 42).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2013
    I'm going to start playing yours now. If you can find mine in the list, I would appreciate the trade. :3

This is my first one, so I'd like some honest feedback. I never really felt I was too great at writing stories, and I also tried to not make it too difficult combat-wise. so hopefully it's not too boring. ^_^;

I can't complete your quest, i'm stuck in the objective called: The wererat's crypt. Because, i have no idea where in the protector's enclave is the entrance and the minimap does not show the quest marker because of a bug that appears when you go back to a map which is shared with other players. Tell, me where do i find the entrance? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2013
    dugada wrote: »
    I will review your quest as soon as possible.

Here is mine:
    The Cry from the Past
    @Dugada
    NW-DDJJA7X98
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?256402-The-camp-and-bandits

I just reviewed your quest:

The idea was original and fun, i really enjoyed your quest. The only suggestion that i have is to improve the dialogs, because if you do that your quest will shine! Keep up the good job. :)

I'm sorry that it took me so long to review your quest, today i spent a lot of time improving mine!:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Here is mine:
    A Strange Merchant
    @TripsOfThymr
    NW-DAK2BFO2X
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?286822-Nethertide-Campaign&p=3743632

UPDATE

Just finished your quest.

First off, let me say I had fun! You clearly put a lot of work and thought into the quest.

I have a number of suggestions for you.

- The quest is quite long. It could have been split in two between the mines and the dungeon.
    - Your dialogs often have "i" or "i'm" instead of "I" or "I'm". Write your dialogs in a program with spell checking (e.g. Word), then cut-and-paste into Foundry.
    - There is no compelling reason why the player is talking to the Speculator to accept the mission in the first place. A small lead in (e.g. player's Uncle says the Speculator is trustworthy and in need of help, etc.).
    - In the (SPOILER ALERT) trap with the stone, I had a hard time jumping up. A smaller race might not be able to make it. Other than that, I rather enjoyed that trap.
    - I picked up the explosives the first time I saw them, but I was forced to run back and pick them up again.
    - In the step "Run for it!", I simply jumped over the 3 burning barrels in the doorway rather than running to the intended waypoint. Lost a bunch of time exploring an area I was not supposed to. Don't remove the blockage until the waypoint is reached.
    - Once when climbing a ladder, I got stuck behind the geometry. The only way out was to fall to my death. It is really a game issue, but perhaps make sure the ladders are not too close to any wall.

Thanks again for all of the effort you put into this! It was enjoyable to play.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • br0dymanbr0dyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
    Alright guys, i added yours to the queue. I hope that you enjoy my quest! :P
    Btw, i just published a newer version with the signpost in the correct position (It was out of sight... d'oh). ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• br0dymanbr0dyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Vold,

Here's my notes.

The sign post is hard to read, I had a lot of troubles interacting with it. Maybe you could put it lower to the ground? Not sure what would be best.

You may want to make the mine shafts have more room for the its a trap quest. I had a hard time getting through it as an elf. I couldn't imagine it as someone who was bigger.

As for the 2 different mine shafts. I know you probably don't want to coddle the player, but having some sort of quest path in the general area would be helpful. Maybe not to the specific area, but somewhere. Or more descriptive quest tasks. For instance, i'm at the part that said pirates.... I have no clue what's going on really on where or what or how these pirates should be.

When you climb the ladders. Some sort of difference in the ladders would be nice. You can get turned around real easy. This is kind of a theme for your maps in general. Maybe you can do some lighting changes based on where you want the player to go for level design. Left 4 Dead, the game does this. It's subtle, but it works well. This might help make things slightly more clear.

For the Run for It quest, running behind the object is not clear. Kinda got frustrated with that one. You can jump past the barrels while it says to run, so you may need to clean that up a bit so you cant run past those? That's where my confusion was.

For the last ladder climb, if you try to enter that ladder again to go to the last floor, it puts you in a wall. Its either the last one, or 2nd to last one.

Foundry questions for you How did you do the system notify for the kaboom? I enjoyed that. Also, how did you get mobs to spawn without the use of quest tasks? I feel dumb for not knowing how.

All in all, nice work. Gave you 4 stars and a tip. :)
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the review.

About the suggestions:
    - I fixed the signpost.
    - I was already rethinking the whole first trap, because other have told me that they've got stuck there.
    - I will modify the objectives to make it clear as well as not too obvious because i consider that it is just too boring to look at the minimap to figure out what to do (But i understand and agree that the objective you pointed out needs a modification, thanks for ponting that out).
    - I will implement the idea of the lights, ty. Although, this is the second version of the tunnel, before it was a maz, many people complained about it so i made it easier, but there is still a chance to get lost after that you fight the mobs.
    - The run for it quest. I have an idea, but i will have to remove the: KABOOM! :(. Although, I really don't think that it is too hard to figure out, i even wrote a quest info message saying take cover to the right side. :P
    - I will fix the last tunnel.

As for the questions:
    - Reach point objectives have the option to add a reach text, that is how i put kaboom in there.
    - You can spawn mobs after than completing an objective, when an objective is in progress, when you reach a place marker, when you complete a component, reach a part of a dialog, etc. There are many ways. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2013

Alright, i will be honest.
    I enjoyed the story and the dialogs, they were well written and had proper emotions.
    What i did not enjoy were the environments and the encounters. The first one because they were huge, and the encounters because they were too repetitive.
    If you modify that, it could be much better. :)

Just as suggestion, take it or leave it: For kobolds cave i would use small caves, and for wererat's i would start with a small sewer and at the end of it i would place a small crypt, from where the undeads are coming (maybe a broken wall from where the undeads broke into the wererats sewer.

And a tip, instead of adding so much detail to the rooms, remove the lights and add them manually, in a way that the room does not feel so empty (in regard to details).

Anyways, I gave you 3 stars. But you can improve it a lot if you reduce the walking time, the ambience and the purpose of some encounters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2013
    Here is mine:
    A Strange Merchant
    @TripsOfThymr
    NW-DAK2BFO2X
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?286822-Nethertide-Campaign&p=3743632

UPDATE

Just finished your quest.

First off, let me say I had fun! You clearly put a lot of work and thought into the quest.

I have a number of suggestions for you.

- The quest is quite long. It could have been split in two between the mines and the dungeon.
    - Your dialogs often have "i" or "i'm" instead of "I" or "I'm". Write your dialogs in a program with spell checking (e.g. Word), then cut-and-paste into Foundry.
    - There is no compelling reason why the player is talking to the Speculator to accept the mission in the first place. A small lead in (e.g. player's Uncle says the Speculator is trustworthy and in need of help, etc.).
    - In the (SPOILER ALERT) trap with the stone, I had a hard time jumping up. A smaller race might not be able to make it. Other than that, I rather enjoyed that trap.
    - I picked up the explosives the first time I saw them, but I was forced to run back and pick them up again.
    - In the step "Run for it!", I simply jumped over the 3 burning barrels in the doorway rather than running to the intended waypoint. Lost a bunch of time exploring an area I was not supposed to. Don't remove the blockage until the waypoint is reached.
    - Once when climbing a ladder, I got stuck behind the geometry. The only way out was to fall to my death. It is really a game issue, but perhaps make sure the ladders are not too close to any wall.

Thanks again for all of the effort you put into this! It was enjoyable to play.

I will answer to some suggestion's because there are some mistakes. :P

1) The quest ends when you find the entrance to the dungeon, it was all about the mine. This is going to be a campaign, and the mine is the first part of 7.
    2) Thanks for the Tip about the dialog, i was thinking on it but this PC does not have office. I will install it immediately. :)
    3) Speculator Zigto is Tommy's brother, and he went to the mine with him, in part of the dialog with Tommy he speaks about it.
    4) I remade this trap entirely, it is much better now.
    5) I am not sure if this is a confusion or an error that i may have fixed without knowing it. Whe you pass next to the barrels the first time you can interact and it will say that they may come handy later on, and then after than you see the rock slide another interaction is activated so that you can pick em up to blow up the rock slide. This is intentional, why would anybody pick up 3 barrels without a reason (they are heavy barrels). :P
    6) Fixed and improved, someone else pointed me that out as well.
    7) Fixed, the same person that pointed me about the rock slide told me about this issue.

Thanks for the review. Helped me a lot. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2013
    lordben501 wrote: »
    I will also review your quest and some of the others posted here. In return, I hope some of you will try mine:

Trouble in Mielikki's Glade
    @LordBen501
    NW-DDF4OYHAZ
    Play Time: 20-30 Minutes

It is too straight forward, for a moment i thought that i was in a WoW quest. Maybe you could add a corrupted zone and a spell at the end of it that removes the corruption and... i don't know... something else. But overall it was nice, the encounters were just fine and some of them even had attack text, patrols, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2013
    Bump. I updated my quest again.
    I need more reviews!

Review my quest and I will review yours asap! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2013
    br0dyman wrote: »

Sorry that it took me so long to review your quest, i was busy IRL. :p
    Anyways, i enjoyed your quest, the encounters were well placed and there were patrols, timed fights, etc. Maybe you could improve the end of the mission and add more story to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2013
    Bump, need more reviews. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]