test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is the best gear we can make?

wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Having lots of fun with my CW and Iam concentrating on being a tailor, a couple of questions.

1) can the gear we make be purples?
2) Do the profession packs give random assets or will I get tailor things (for example shears)?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

W..<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
Post edited by wrenaq on

Comments

• floppyhorsefloppyhorse Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    professions at this point are fluff.

the best gear comes from dungeons.

leadership gives AD, kind of, and the best shirt/pants comes from leatherworking/tailoring but thats it.

do professions because you want to not because you think doing them will get you ahead in the game.
  • tarpsbootytarpsbooty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a pain. I went for tailoring and leadership. Tailoring can give you very minor stat increases but getting there will take ages and is likely to use up at least some money. May be better to just wait till you reach 60 and try to buy purple shirt and pants on the auction house. Leadership seems more useful, but the profession xp each task is giving is pitiful compared to comparable leveled tailoring tasks. So basically, I've gotten a little out of it, but it's just a real pain.
  • bringerofreddawnbringerofreddawn Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Using leadership for AD seems like the best idea right now.
    Without zen input, grinding out the profs is pretty slow and you will probably want the uncommon assets for everything.
    You can make epics (although most of them are "rare" events which come up randomly and require some expensive ingredients) but so far I haven't seen anything I'd use.
    Unfortunately normal lvling is so fast that unless you barely play, crafting will always be way behind your lvl.
  • wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh well...still gonna keep on tailoring though..oddly it is fun :D

One last question...If I make some gear and dye it will I be able to sell that gear? and will it keep the colour I have dyed it to?
  • rhymfaxerhymfaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Crafting is basically about making shirts and pants. All that work to get to 20, and the only two competitive items you can make are the ones that matter the least (in terms of stats).
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm hoping to craft Vecna's Eye. Nothing can go wrong there!
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • btwalczyk21btwalczyk21 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    I'm hoping to craft Vecna's Eye. Nothing can go wrong there!

I'd be happy to give you Vecna's Head (crafting 20 - leadership). You just have to follow the same procedure of attachment as the eye.

Nothing could possibly go wrong... nothing at all.
  • shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhymfaxe wrote: »
    Crafting is basically about making shirts and pants. All that work to get to 20, and the only two competitive items you can make are the ones that matter the least (in terms of stats).

and yet numerous people have made millions and millions of AD selling it. Go figure.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think crafting for your first Toon is not going to benefit them much, BUT you can craft for alts....
    My Primary a CW is now level 60 and level 17 Leadership, you can make a lot of AD's over time with it...Ill get Leadership up to 20 then work on Mail as Mail works for 2 classes whereas Tailoring is mostly for CW, Leather Working is TR, and and Plate is for one of the fighter classes, Mail is for Cleric and One of the Fighter Classes.

Also you CAN sell the results of your crafting on the AH which CAN/MAY prove lucrative.
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    yes u can make purple gears
  • starlitenlstarlitenl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sallee132 wrote: »
    yes u can make purple gears

But only with rare tasks, so you can't create them anytime you want at demand.
  • braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not only do you have to wait for those rare recipes to magically appear in your workers' heads, but you have to already have the rare ingredients on hand, too.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You can make t2 quality stuff without any set bonus. Super awesome.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah the level 20 rare crafts are same stats as tier 2 without the set bonus . If you turn on show all and show missions without resources available you can see all the missions . And just watch for the level 20 epics to show up , they change hourly . I finally saw the GWF helmet and it is close to the tier 2 helm . As for shirts and pants it might be the only way to get them .