test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bypass a Map Transition using Story Editor

thepalemagethepalemage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hello all.

As far as I've undestood, there is no way to totally bypass a quest map (the block between two Map Transition) using clever choices after completing a Dialog or Objective.

I tried dragging the arrow from an Objective that is placed before the initial Map Transition to another Objective after the exit Map Transition of the intended to skip Map Block, but it seems simply don't hooking in any way to anything across Maps.

Is this a bug, a feature, or it's me that I'm failing to understand something in the Story Editor?

Thanks in advance for your kind reply.

Comments

• zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As far as I can tell, sequence of maps in storylines is utterly linear. There's no way to skip maps or choose different maps or anything.

The best you can attempt is, say, zoning into a map and then branching into radically different parts of the map. Like, say, 'progress overland or take secret tunnels', with a teleporter taking you to an elaborate custom map underneath the terrain.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?