test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

trading ad to zen (How does it work?)

lmfaocookieslmfaocookies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I was wondering how the trading zen for ad works? Does someone have to buy the ad directly from you, or if there selling there zen for the same price does it automatically buy the sum you posted from that cash range?

I was wondering because I normally don't get the market much but it seems in order to buy zen I have to directly click on it and can't just post my order.
:mad:
sxEasVM.jpg
Post edited by lmfaocookies on

Comments

• klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It works just like a real life stock market. Let's say you want to buy 100 zen and the current price (what other people are selling it for) is 400 AD each. If you are happy with that price, you offer to pay 40,000 for 100 zen, and your order will be filled almost immediately.

But if, on the other hand, you feel the price is too high, you might offer to buy 100 zen for 35,000 AD. You will now have to wait until somebody is willing to sell zen to you at that price. This could take days or perhaps never, it all depends on market demand.

I actually find it a fun mini game, and a nice introduction to how real life stock markets work. But a word of caution, I would wait a week or two until we see what all this exploited AD flooding the game is going to do to the market.

Best of luck.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like the other poster said, I would wait a bit. Even if they deleted all of the exploited AD (not by any stretch saying they did), there will still be a glut on the market. Players generating AD can't spend it at the Auction House at the moment. So I would guess that more than usual will be trading it for Zen.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • lmfaocookieslmfaocookies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been making money surprisingly enough... There is a point in time of the day where the zen price drops and that's when I buy and sell when it rises again... In the last 3 days I made like 400k ad and I started with 1.4m ad... xD Selling rare items on the AH isn't wroth the grind anymore, so I have been trying to slowly gain AD some how.

I just wanted to know because I wont be online when it drops for the day tomorrow.

Edit: Thank you for the information guys.
    :mad:
    sxEasVM.jpg
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    It works just like a real life stock market. Let's say you want to buy 100 zen and the current price (what other people are selling it for) is 400 AD each. If you are happy with that price, you offer to pay 40,000 for 100 zen, and your order will be filled almost immediately.

But if, on the other hand, you feel the price is too high, you might offer to buy 100 zen for 35,000 AD. You will now have to wait until somebody is willing to sell zen to you at that price. This could take days or perhaps never, it all depends on market demand.

I actually find it a fun mini game, and a nice introduction to how real life stock markets work. But a word of caution, I would wait a week or two until we see what all this exploited AD flooding the game is going to do to the market.

Best of luck.

I definitely agree on that, some nice feature they got here, how you can get ZEN which is in-game-cash via AD which is game money. I will be more happy if the can add gold-AD exchange too, so the mini "forex" can be good. unfortunately still have exploits everywhere, this can be great feat without them