test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Flipping : How to control the AH.

2»

Comments

• Options
    laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if you want to be rich in this game just do delves and castle never.
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
  • Options
    braddassbraddass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108
    edited May 2013
    What is flipping?

Flipping is when a group of money hungry individuals want to control the economy of a certain game and use it to gain maximum profits.

How do I begin?

Well, if you have a small group of individuals that are already rich this work the best but can also work with large number of players just with small profits.

What do you do?

You have the select few that will scout prices and items OR currency in the game, they will proceed to tell all the flippers to start buying item / currency X for Y amount of price. This process will continue until the flippers have gained total control of said item or currency.

Next comes the easy part, once supply of such X item or currency is on demand prices will increase. You will have some of the flippers helping with such stability as well until a certain price is met the scouts will proceed to tell the flippers to drop all their X amount of item or current into the market, in this process everyone that has not sold any of their goods will keep them until the next flipping is done.

Want to be rich in this game the easy way? play the Auction House!

If you already have hundreds of millions of AD from the exploits, it is easy the corner the market on some items.
    I am a Lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)
  • Options
    braddassbraddass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108
    edited May 2013
    I never said it can't be manipulated. The challenge of developers designing the economy is such that the economy cannot be monopolized by a rich few for any significant length of time. One way to do it is by having a single market which pit the speculators against every players. That diminishes the capital advantage rich speculators, and puts greater risk at them for trying to manipulate the market. The liquidity provided by the mass of players significantly reduces the window where they are able to generate abnormal gains.

In neverwinter, you can convert real money into AD and start playing the market. For a short time where you're the richie rich of Neverwinter, you will have control of the market. Once you start making purchases, this wealth is going to flow into the economy, increasing the amount of AD in the system, which leads to an inflation to the price of things. In time, even a tier 1 iron ore can sell for a higher value that it does now as the wealth of other player increases (reference monetary theory). So the ability to control is not sustainable...unless the player has unlimited real money to keep pumping into the system, and the cost is going to increase exponentially.

If you have hundreds of millions of AD hoarded from the exploits, then the capital advantage can be sustainable for years.
    I am a Lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)
  • Options
    rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Want to be rich in this game the easy way? play the Auction House!

/shrugs

I am getting rich using the auction house without using tricks or group efforts.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • Options
    castertroyt79castertroyt79 Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    braddass wrote: »
    If you have hundreds of millions of AD hoarded from the exploits, then the capital advantage can be sustainable for years.

You're right...but that's due to exploit, not due to normal play.
  • Options
    kejser91kejser91 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    YEY DIABLO3 .. oh wait NEVERWINTER
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    braddass wrote: »

If you have hundreds of millions of AD hoarded from exploits, you hardly need this to have capital advantage, since YOU ALREADY HAVE IT. :rolleyes: