basement12basement12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
edited June 2013 in The Militia Barracks
how well do gfs perform in pvp? thanks
Post edited by basement12 on

Comments

• Options
    perfectindigoperfectindigo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DPS GFs supposedly can do pretty well, although I haven't tried it. I went for Tactics GF. Occasionally I kill enemies, but mostly I knock enemies off point, knock things down, sucker things into attacking supremacy of steel (which lets people kill themselves against me), debuff enemies so allies can kill them, trick enemies into wasting skills against my guard, and generally survive for a long time while being annoying.

Because of the way that nodes work (no one can get points from a node unless it is completely uncontested), Tactics GFs are good at standing on a point and blocking enemies from getting points until enough people show up to deal with the GF.

Of course, this approach gives me almost no kills, a few deaths, and usually the most assists. PvP does not assign points based on preventing the other team from getting points while letting allies capture uncontested nodes, so expect to be continually at the bottom of the PvP rankings and never get bonuses ... regardless of how much you contributed to the team's victory.

The good news is that GFs have a couple options in pvp that are viable, so they're in better shape than pve.
  • Options
    mownage123mownage123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some builds can can hit like a truck and take hardly any damage
  • Options
    xaviondkxaviondk Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My lvl 60 GF 11.1 GS just gets hammered as soon as I see a wizard or rogue in PvP. The wizards crowd control in PvP is just stupid. Can't get anywhere near them even though I use my charge skills, they just knock me away or evade. Seems hopeless. And rogues just kill me in a matter of seconds. Trying to block with the shield is useless, as they move behind you faster than you can raise the **** shield.
  • Options
    imobiusimobius Member Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xaviondk wrote: »
    My lvl 60 GF 11.1 GS just gets hammered as soon as I see a wizard or rogue in PvP. The wizards crowd control in PvP is just stupid. Can't get anywhere near them even though I use my charge skills, they just knock me away or evade. Seems hopeless. And rogues just kill me in a matter of seconds. Trying to block with the shield is useless, as they move behind you faster than you can raise the **** shield.

Rogues are less of a problem. Wizards are just beyond stupid with the amount of CC they have.
    Whoever designed Wizard abilities is a giant troll.. they can just rotate their CC endlessly, let alone having 2 or more Wizard reasonably good Wizard in synergy and you won't have any control over your character until you're dead. You might aswell walk away and get some coffee.
  • Options
    cushellecushelle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    12.3k gf , hybrid spec. basically destroy anything in 1v1 :/ its all about your playstyle
  • Options
    snugglemancersnugglemancer Member Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    chanxbe wrote: »
    The good news is that GFs have a couple options in pvp that are viable, so they're in better shape than pve
    True, but still the overall weakest PvP class aside from GWFs.
  • Options
    ladu86ladu86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Before 60, they are pretty fun with the dps spec + knight challenge cheese. Once you hit 60, you need at least a stalwart bulwark set or timeless hero to be viable.

I rolled another GF to be pvp only and I'm having a lot of fun, but receiving a lot of death threats (btw I stacked armor pen instead of crit, so I can take out the heavy armor guys just as quick as the wizards)

I used the free version of banicam, so there is like a 6 sec section missing from pt1 and pt2, nothing really happened except 2 of my team mates died when I could have saved them. Ooops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKpwvb8YSis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCvZkgGB3ik
  • Options
    dilaniodilanio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    True, but still the overall weakest PvP class aside from GWFs.

I prefer to think we're close to or the strongest PvP class in the game.
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited June 2013
    dilanio wrote: »
    I prefer to think we're close to or the strongest PvP class in the game.

They are. GFs are probably the strongest 1v1 class in PvP and they are great at holding points.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Recently I went Full High Generals set. The regen is amazing for PvP when its stacked. With 47% dmg reduction when I am low now I am healing faster then a camp fire with a 904 life tick. I went to grab a pot almost dead at mid. Got to it and was over half life. As the conquer spec I have a 13.3k GS. I prefer lunging strike, bull rush, fronline surge. Its a 3 shot kill combo that works on most and perma CC till dead. Recently though and depending on the comp. Been a lot of double cleric or CW's with them. So I have been using Knights challenge. Double damage to the person you cast it on and they do half damage to everyone except you. This is amazing to use tactically. Rogue on base drops his daze I cast it on him and nerf his dmg. Then charge in insta 1-2 shot. Its a must to nuke clerics or pick off dps 1 by 1. The last game I was in went 22kills - 1death. Drop down behind a CW put the red beam on them and lol as there dead body flies threw the air. I really like this set and its not talked about much but for hanging in on fights to the last sec and if I barely beat 1 or 2 people I am now alone at a base with no health. Now with High Generals set by time the enemy gets back to me I am almost at full life so its pretty amazing situationally, with amazing recovery and high defense. Not to mention 2pc set gives 450 arm pen. I have over 15% arm pen which seems to really sting the enemy with the big crits.