test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tenacious Concealment???

kuyuujikuyuuji Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Hi guys,

I'm wondering what does Tenacious Concealment actually do? Anyone tested it out? I searched and few answered differently, with Damage reduced while Stealthed or Reduced the loss of Stealth meter while being attacked

So, what's the exact effect it provides? TIA!

Regards
Post edited by kuyuuji on

Comments

• Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After stealth, Rogue's stealth meter will regenerate overtime. However, when you get attacked the stealth meter will reduce by a lot. Tenacious concealment will reduce this effect. At lvl 3, it will reduce 90% of the meter loss.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    kuyuujikuyuuji Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    utuwer wrote: »
    After stealth, Rogue's stealth meter will regenerate overtime. However, when you get attacked the stealth meter will reduce by a lot. Tenacious concealment will reduce this effect. At lvl 3, it will reduce 90% of the meter loss.

Yeah that's what I thought too, but after searching some forum, people says it actually reduce damage taken while in Stealth lol, thanks for the clarification!
  • Options
    themangroththemangroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if it's my imagination or not, but it seems like there are attacks out there that knock out your stealth meter while in stealth, and not talking about the flying purple orbs of death that wipe out all of your buffs and lock-out your powers.

While soloing I use tenacious concealment quite a lot. Mobs in Mt Hotenow and the Chasm hit rather hard, so getting into and staying in stealth for as long as possible is rather important.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if you get hit in stealth, it burns the bar/timer faster, this reduces that effect. It also reduces any hits out of stealth and lets you regenerate the bar in combat nicely. It is a must have passive for rogues that try to maximize their time spent in stealth.
  • Options
    inflamezlolinflamezlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    kuyuuji wrote: »
    people says it actually reduce damage taken while in Stealth lol
    LOOOL oh man I ****ing wish bro.
    inflameziinew.gif
  • Options
    reeenatureeenatu Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2016

kuyuuji wrote: »

people says it actually reduce damage taken while in Stealth lol

LOOOL oh man I ****ing wish bro.

TC is broken , atleast for me it is, i have it on rank 4 wich is -90% stealth loss +15% recharge speed, and also i have the artifact power that grants me -10% stealth loss, so i have 100% , but i still lose my stealth meter when getting attacked, its just impossible to regen my stealth while im taking damage even with 100% ....
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    There are two hindering factors to your stealth meter if you are attacked.

1. stealth meter damage : literally damage to your meter. the stealth meter drops
    2. stealth regen halt - your natural stealth meter regeneration while you are unstealthed, is halted

What Tencon does, is effect 1 only, and not 2, so if you have 90%+10% effect from Tencon and artifact power, you are free of 1, but still under the effects of 2. Your stealth meter will not be damaged, but it still won't fill up. If you take the final capstone feat of the Executioner tree, only then 2 is removed as well. With a few well timed dodges you can re-enter stealth in about 4 seconds.

If you have only the 100% Tencon effect, then the only way you will gain stealth meter (not withstanding the use of SS) is through dodges, if you have the relevant feat, so ultimately you will be able to re-enter stealth naturally if you can avoid attacks well.

If you have neither effects in work, then your stealth meter is hacked away with each attack, as well as its regeneration halted. So in effect, currently the TR is the only class in game that has its TAB function made obsolete and useless after 1 use, without any supporting encounters, class features, or feats, because even in PvE it is extremely unlikely to be able to fill up the stealth meter naturally to be able to re-enter stealth.

Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'