Options

ioun stone of allure or cat for a gf?

basement12basement12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
which would be better?
Post edited by basement12 on

Comments

• Options
    snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you'r Conqueror GF, go for the stone.
    To begin with a stone is worth below 800k AD, where the cat is 980k if you would trade AD for zenny.
    Second, Conqueror has amazing scaling of power and power being one of the things without diminishing returns.
    What this means is, that early on the stone is just good, but once you start hitting those diminishing returns on crit, the stone becomes clearly better vs the cat which will have you sitting at those diminishing returns right away.

Basically once you'r gearing yourself into T2 set, like the timeless hero set, which lets you stack its set bonus to over 1k crit, you will wish you had a stone for max power.
    Snow's Melee Arena: NW-DMT7STJ9E
    Combat arena. Adjustable challenge.
    Difficulty: Adjustable easy - very hard
    Duration: Adjustable 1 - 25min
  • Options
    seanchewieseanchewie Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm bumping this, because I just witnessed an animated discussion in guild chat about which was better. Stone seemed to come out on top, but I want to be sure since I'm about to buy.
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stone is better. Even if you don't care much about Power, Icon slot (the stone) is better than a Waist slot (the cat).

At worst, I'd say they're even in usefulness, but the Stone is cheaper.
  • Options
    snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Allright, if the fact that the stone is cheaper (and actually better) doesn't convince you.

The fck... cat meows all the fck... time.
    Just don't do this to yourself and buy the stone.
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wererat companion.
  • Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    snowballo wrote: »
    If you'r Conqueror GF, go for the stone.
    To begin with a stone is worth below 800k AD, where the cat is 980k if you would trade AD for zenny.
    Second, Conqueror has amazing scaling of power and power being one of the things without diminishing returns.
    What this means is, that early on the stone is just good, but once you start hitting those diminishing returns on crit, the stone becomes clearly better vs the cat which will have you sitting at those diminishing returns right away.

Basically once you'r gearing yourself into T2 set, like the timeless hero set, which lets you stack its set bonus to over 1k crit, you will wish you had a stone for max power.

Yeah I trade AD for ZEN, it's going to take me a while with how much little they give from dailys, I'm still saving for another 2 character slots, then I'll start saving for companionship. ;)
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • Options
    seanchewieseanchewie Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the replies. Why does this thread argue overwhelmingly for the cat then? GF and GWF aren't so different.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    seanchewie wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. Why does this thread argue overwhelmingly for the cat then? GF and GWF aren't so different.

If you read further in the thread which you linked, you will realize that half the people saying that the cat is the best pet actually don't even realize that the cat is not the only pet with that type of effect.
    Now if you actually read between the posts about what the more informed people say you will see that the stone even if in worst case equal (which it's not) is still the cheaper one thus you get the same thing for less AD.