test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is this a joke?? Flagged as spammer and 24 hour mute.

rd87rd87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I woke up expecting the auction house to be back online so that I could list a few epics, but instead just found the same caveman trading system going on in zone chat.. I advertised /one/ trade, /two/ times far apart and this happens.

AKipUtZ.jpg

Seriously? Why? Do you seriously get a 24 hour chat ban if one person decides to troll you with "report as spam"?? What if someone were to go around and just do that? This is messed up and as a 60 it makes the game unplayable.
Post edited by rd87 on

Comments

• edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Don't spam so much next time.
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not disagreeing that the system can be abused, but it takes more than one person reporting/ignoring you to get a ban. I ignore anyone who trades in the zone channel; that's why there is a trade channel.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol i looked team whit gwf there some idiot reported me for spam and i had 24 hours ban to...u cant blame gwf and gf for not getting team easy so we need to spam chat :mad:
  • rd87rd87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    muzrub333 wrote: »
    Not disagreeing that the system can be abused, but it takes more than one person reporting/ignoring you to get a ban. I ignore anyone who trades in the zone channel; that's why there is a trade channel.

So you think multiple people reported me at the same time for one thing that wasn't spam at all? I don't think so. Zone chat is filled with people trading right now. There is no trade chat that I am aware of.. and if you are one of the people that do this, then you are immature and a terrible person.
  • sarethorsarethor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My understanding is that the automated system flags based on some number of people who report spam - and it's definitely not one.

Some of my friends and I have flagged the same people on multiple days and they've been back everyday. Unless it's a big conspiracy with 20-30 people in some TS channel somewhere, I'm not sure how to explain it.
  • lcraw78lcraw78 Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2013

there is no trade chat
  • geldongeldon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good job, moderators. I know the auction house is down, but I'm actually pretty annoyed at all the spam that ended up on in zone chat. Why don't you guys cool your mercantile jets and wait until the AH comes back up?
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Broken, outdated system.

Creating a trade channel is beyond their skill.
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Actually that screen shot shows nothing; it shows the last message and the system notify.
    If you were squelched then at some point prior to that system notify you were perceived by several other players as spamming.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • inflamezlolinflamezlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    LOOOL holy****. I just about busted a nut laughing at this see you in chat 24 hours from now my dude.
    inflameziinew.gif
  • lcraw78lcraw78 Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »
    Actually that screen shot shows nothing; it shows the last message and the system notify.
    If you were squelched then at some point prior to that system notify you were perceived by several other players as spamming.

i know serveral people that ignore someone on the first WTS or WTB or guild advertisement the person does also they ignore people that speak other then English in zone chat.
  • judgemonroejudgemonroe Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rd87 wrote: »
    So you think multiple people reported me at the same time for one thing that wasn't spam at all? I don't think so.

You don't have to *think* so, but yeah that's the way it works.
  • gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I got banned from chatting for 24 hours today too. But I was spamming emotes on a tard who was trying to sell a Lesser Plague Fire enchant for 100 gold.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The way you posted your WTT I would have reported as spam as well.
  • rd87rd87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »

Here you go, now show me where I spammed.

http://imgur.com/a/R3kl7
  • dreadburndreadburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rd87 wrote: »
    Here you go, now show me where I spammed.

http://imgur.com/a/R3kl7

The problem is that you might not have spammed anything, but several people ( not sure of exact number ) reported what you said as spam.

Maybe someone was trying to sell the exact same thing and got his guildmates to report you for spamming?
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They dont even need to report as spam, Its all based on the number of people that ignore you in a certain time frame. Report spam ignores someone as well as sending a system ticket.
  • coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lcraw78 wrote: »
    i know serveral people that ignore someone on the first WTS or WTB or guild advertisement the person does also they ignore people that speak other then English in zone chat.
    I do that, too, but /ignore is not the same as reporting spam. No-one gets a ban if someone puts them on /ignore.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    incrementation begins at 5 for a 24 hour silence.
  • uristqwertyuristqwerty Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    It has been mentioned elsewhere that Cryptic's chat system will temporarily block people who get ignored a lot. Reporting something as spam probably just counts a lot more than ignoring them.
  • softwoodsoftwood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    A chat ban? Most certainly they do, you ignoramus.

No, they don't. We have tested it within the guild.

Numerous people ignoring one person does not make them go mute. Numerous people reporting as spam however, does.
  • softwoodsoftwood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    Your word versus hundreds of accounts of the contrary, and probably thousands from other Cryptic games, which use the same system. I'm not even going to link you to anything; the evidence against your claim is overwhelming so if you really want to know more, you can easily find the info on the NW, STO and CO forums.

Say what you want, I have actually tested it, rather than just assuming as much. And how do you know the exact same code is used from game to game? Just because it's the same company doesn't mean it's the same code or even the same developers working on a game, so other games have absolutely zero relevance here.
  • ddamaddddamadd Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Banned from chat, oh no.

Haven't used general chat yet.
  • faamalosibluefaamalosiblue Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013

lol I didnt even *know* there was a trade channel just because the zone channel is always just swamped with trade stuff, I havent used zone to try and advertise for anything yet. And only bought some stuff off people and given others directions to the bank or store..... I know I prob <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> some people off doing that because I just encourage the behavior of people to spam the zone chats with WTS this and hey guys where is bank?

Oh yeah and tell bad jokes...... im supprised neither of my charactors have been given the mute button yet..............
  • lariandesalverlariandesalver Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    Usually I only report people that scam or spam. I've reported several lockbox sellers like "30 boxes for a key" etc. as spam just to protect other players. Im reporting anyone who copy and pastes his message and posts it 2 or more times in a row, because I can't have that when other people do it the normal way and are not seen because of guys like that. The people I just don't wanna hear I just put on ignore but no report. Like 200 Catsellers this weekend.
  • vernoinferno71vernoinferno71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    One thing I have learned OP is :

The playas gonna play
    Them haters gonna hate
    Them callers gonna call
    Them ballers gonna ball
  • lariandesalverlariandesalver Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    Ah I just took a look at your screenshot, You probably were reported as spam because of asking for cat. Some people hate cats after caturday
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait, your named your character Currency? Ok, so he is level 60, it could be he is not a dedicated vendor mule. But to expect folks not to assume that and quickly ignore. Seems a little unreasonable.

And BTW yes, ignores do count for muting. Just not as much as report spam. This has been confirmed by a Dev over in CO land.
  • daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I understand people want to sell and find items, so I don't get upset about trade trolling, however...If I see their post several times within what would be a couple of scrolls up, I report spam for trade and ignore for obnoxious.

It's one thing to try and reach everyone, and an entirely other to just carpet bomb with your text.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • nauonenauone Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I report of spam anyone that has a message that looks something like this ========SUPER CHEAP!================EPIC!=========================[Junk no one wants]=======================[To much AD]======================================================================!!!!!!!!! EPIC!
This discussion has been closed.