test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

cats and ioun?

saltybhallssaltybhalls Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I guess I am speaking on the behalf of many players when I ask what's up with the cats?

The ingame info about the companions is a freaking joke. That alone makes me consider if I even wanna play this game.

I mean seriously the Ioun cost Tamalurne tradebars which basicly cost RL Cash and they cant even tell you what you get for the money??????

I was hoping someone could tell me more specific how much stats I get from the cat and the ioun stone.
Is hating cats the only reason to get the Ioun stone??
Post edited by saltybhalls on

Comments

• lepapalepapa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was going to happily answer the question when I read the title, then read how much of a whiny little ***** you are.

Will step down.
  • saltybhallssaltybhalls Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not whining just annoyed. And you love cats :cool:
    I feel sorry about you... trollface get a life.
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1. Put whatever gear you want on one of those pets
    2. Gain all stats (except max hp) from said gear.
    3. ??????
    4. Profit.

The major difference between the two is the gear you can put on them, and the small passive bonus they give you, regardless of gear.
  • novronnovron Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They're non combat combanions which means all their stats go to your character. The cat will boost two stats aside from gear to 200ish. The stones boost 3 stats to 180ish.

The cat is a blue companion which goes to rank 25, costs about a million AD's. The ioun stone obtained with bars goes to 20, it's worthless. The ioun stone in the zen store goes to 25.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Below is an excerpt taken from my wizard guide, concerning the cat:

For dungeons and group PvE, the Cat is by far the best companion. It gives you +255 Critical Chance and +225 Recovery at rank 25, but this is not what makes it so fantastic. You can give it a ring, a necklace and a belt, and the stats on these items are added to yours. That ring with +300 Power that you give the Cat? That is +300 Power for you. It's basically like wearing three rings, two necklaces and two belts! (Not all stats transfer, +HP for example does not.) Stats from runes (two offensive, one defense) also transfer directly to you. If you use an Eldritch runestone in the defensive slot ("Owner gains x% of the pet's stats"), the built-in bonuses to Critical Chance and Recovery that the Cat gives you are appropriately increased. This does not affect the bonuses from the ring/necklace/belt that you give to the Cat.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »

For dungeons and group PvE, the Cat is by far the best companion. It gives you +255 Critical Chance and +225 Recovery at rank 25, but this is not what makes it so fantastic. You can give it a ring, a necklace and a belt, and the stats on these items are added to yours. That ring with +300 Power that you give the Cat? That is +300 Power for you. It's basically like wearing three rings, two necklaces and two belts! (Not all stats transfer, +HP for example does not.) Stats from runes (two offensive, one defense) also transfer directly to you. If you use an Eldritch runestone in the defensive slot ("Owner gains x% of the pet's stats"), the built-in bonuses to Critical Chance and Recovery that the Cat gives you are appropriately increased. This does not affect the bonuses from the ring/necklace/belt that you give to the Cat.

Ah this alone makes me want to quit. Talk about Pay to Win. Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    980k AD is do-able without paying. Selling low level crafting materials has been a pretty steady source of income for me, with relatively little competition. The Cat and Stone (it works the same way, but has power instead of crit) are better than other companions for the PvE end game, but not having one doesn't make you undesirable for a group. But yes, they are very good, no question. (By the time you want one you should have access to sellable drops.)

Herbtrader wrote an AD making guide, but it's pretty hardcore. :)Good read, though!
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • kr0owekr0owe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »
    Ah this alone makes me want to quit. Talk about Pay to Win. Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I don't even try to earn AD and I make about 200k/day, how can that be p2w? If I wanted to I could probably earn much more then that but i'm busy with other things like PvP.

No I don't have a cat or stone cuz it doesn't work in PvP and kinda pointless in town.
  • j005eej005ee Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kr0owe wrote: »
    I don't even try to earn AD and I make about 200k/day, how can that be p2w? If I wanted to I could probably earn much more then that but i'm busy with other things like PvP.

Care to break down the math on how you accomplish 200k/day AD when you "don't even try"?
  • vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    The Cat and Stone (it works the same way, but has power instead of crit)
    This is partially incorrect. The stone gives Crit and Recovery, as well as Power. However it gives less Crit and Recovery than the cat.
  • montiblancmontiblanc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    kr0owe wrote: »

No I don't have a cat or stone cuz it doesn't work in PvP and kinda pointless in town.
    j005ee wrote: »
    Care to break down the math on how you accomplish 200k/day AD when you "don't even try"?

lol I know right, if it was anywhere near like that I would not have stopped playing, this guy be trolling
  • huttjhuttj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vaichana wrote: »
    This is partially incorrect. The stone gives Crit and Recovery, as well as Power. However it gives less Crit and Recovery than the cat.

Different stone. Ioun stone of Power vs. Allure.
  • saltybhallssaltybhalls Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Imivo I love your guide. I was already on the same conclusion on most of your ideas... beside the talent for attack points. But after calculating I think you are right on that one too :)
    Anyways thx for the replies.

I disagree on the p2w part. Imo it is only fair we pay a few dollars to play the game... In most cases the cost will not get near what I used on playing WOW..... Should I use 10 dollars a month so be it! as long as I have fun.
    However I think I do think it would be possible to rely on gold from non-performing items like fancy stuff and mounts.
    Maybe some XP boosters packs (or better 50% less XP if you dont pay)
    Then we would not feel we actually pay to win.