test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mass Majority will move to a new shard if opened.

pigvom1tpigvom1t Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I predict 3/5 of the community. Reason: Just to play on an even playing field and a stable economy. Remaining 1/5 will be the cheaters of course and the last 1/5 will be their mules.
Post edited by pigvom1t on

Comments

• Options
    hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    These forums are filled with whiney little kids like you who keep repeating/crying for the same stuff over and over. 95% of the pop doesnt care, 5% or less like you pigvom1t just keep cryign til you get your way. Shut Up.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Give up on the new shard, its been stated over and over and over and over and over again that they are going to combine shards in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pigvom1tpigvom1t Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aww 15 makes you a grown up now? Where did you get your 95% stats from? From your 10th grade Math teacher?
  • Options
    ehraehra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pigvom1t wrote: »
    Where did you get your 95% stats from? From your 10th grade Math teacher?

Anyone could say the same of your prediction that 100% of the non-cheaters would switch servers.
  • Options
    swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    While I might make an alt on a new shard, I wouldn't move there. I like to combine my alts assets, fuse lower level enchantments, pass down blues one class can't use, etc. None of those reasons has anything to do with cheating or exploiting.
  • Options
    gamerman121gamerman121 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    100% of made up numbers are made up numbers
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look at OP forum post history, enough said.
  • Options
    lordbane40lordbane40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    I would move to a new shard in a heartbeat. Anyone that truly understands the extent of the damage done to the current shards would do the same.
  • Options
    estsuestsu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just make a new shard and see what happens. I am pretty sure a lot of people will stay and the new shard will be a ghost town totally.
  • Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    Give up on the new shard, its been stated over and over and over and over and over again that they are going to combine shards in the future.

This 1000000 times over.

Look at STO - ONE SHARD.

Same thing is going to happen here.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry, but I can't take anything seriously from someone named "pigvom1t" who puts up imaginary numbers in order to start forum wars.

Sadly, the mods won't allow me to accurately call that sort of thing what it is.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hurk97 wrote: »
    These forums are filled with whiney little kids like you who keep repeating/crying for the same stuff over and over. 95% of the pop doesnt care, 5% or less like you pigvom1t just keep cryign til you get your way. Shut Up.

Pot, meet kettle.
  • Options
    runicfirunicfi Member Posts: 269 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pigvom1t wrote: »
    I predict 3/5 of the community. Reason: Just to play on an even playing field and a stable economy. Remaining 1/5 will be the cheaters of course and the last 1/5 will be their mules.

"I want people to do what I want them to do, everyone who doesnt go to the new shard is a cheater mimimimi"

Besides, you got no clue on what the majority of the community wants.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    baaddarebaaddare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since they intened to merge all the servers prior to the official launch opening a new one and having people start fresh so as to avoid the current economy would serve little purpose
    "Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads. SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!!"
  • Options
    alaric63alaric63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't believe the Economy is the game. I believe it is some side game, or mini-game. It's just a tool. Get over the "Damage caused", it's all in your head.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The majority?

The majority of the people had no clue there was even a problem.... as you could tell from the constant "where'd my level go?" "why's the AH down?" "rollback?!? How dare they!" "what's with all these cats?" etc, etc, etc that filled the chat yesterday.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I avoid PVP and really don't like doing dungeons except with friends. For me, there's no such "thing" as a ruined economy unless there's massive price inflation or something. If people do endgame runs super easily and purples drop everywhere, sweet-prices go down. Obviously, eventually this means I'll have all the gear I could ever want, and therefore will get bored and stop playing, but I find that to be a feature not a bug.
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Majority? Speak for your self OP. These doom & gloom, wipe servers, separate shard threads serve no purpose than to try to rally the whiners.
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They can play on a shard that is behind 1 full year on stable releases if that's what they want and content that is delayed for that long.
    That's fine with me LOL!
  • Options
    raal1raal1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lordbane40 wrote: »
    I would move to a new shard in a heartbeat. Anyone that truly understands the extent of the damage done to the current shards would do the same.

Please explain it to me. Mind you, I'm not looking for speculation. If you have no facts or evidence to back up your facts don't bother responding.
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wed all move to a new shard and think its gonna be all unicorns and rainbows from then on in, and then the next exploit would occur and we would be right back to square one, with people saying the economy is completely hosed to the point where recovery is impossible and nuking it from orbit is the only way to be sure.

If they were to do this, Id set up the office pool, where we can all guess how much time, down to the minute, between the new shard coming up, and the first major "new exploit, the economy is doomed" being posted on the forums.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i still dont get how would new shard help? economy is fine to ppl pay for things how much they worth to them it is basic supply and demand so even on new shard prices of things would be like on old ones or even higher since would be a lot bigger demand for stuff on new shard where everyone start from start then on old ones where most of players allready have everything they wish to have
  • Options
    j4utnj4utn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's well known that 78.94% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I wouldn't move, I've invested too much time and effort where I am. I haven't cheated and at the moment the cheating has had zero effect on my enjoyment of the game, so what if everyone has cats....

I suspect that the vocal majority wanting wipes etc are those who spent a small fortune on keys and would like an excuse to get their money back. I see no other reason to wipe a server and have to repeat everything.
  • Options
    phoenixsolacephoenixsolace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    wed all move to a new shard and think its gonna be all unicorns and rainbows from then on in, and then the next exploit would occur and we would be right back to square one, with people saying the economy is completely hosed to the point where recovery is impossible and nuking it from orbit is the only way to be sure.

If they were to do this, Id set up the office pool, where we can all guess how much time, down to the minute, between the new shard coming up, and the first major "new exploit, the economy is doomed" being posted on the forums.

If you took your metaphor to the next level and though of the Alien as the exploit and the humans as non cheaters and the ship a new shard it makes for a funny gif or something....lol
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well I don't know this Mass Majority guy but I wish him well.
  • Options
    buckem420buckem420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My prediction is that 100% of all cheaters will move to the new shard to cheat it up over there.

Personally I would not jump to a new shard, they are combining all shards at some point anyways and the people I enjoy playing this game with are all on my server.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There's a reason why this thread was left for dead for two weeks...
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OP spelled vocal minority wrong.
  • Options
    iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    if there was a new shard i would've stuck around, too late now dragon's prophet got the better of me!
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If they merge the servers it will spell disaster for NW , this is how the gaming industry works . Server merge = low pop = jump ship = dead game .