test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mad Dragon, and how i finally killed 'em

ravkratravkrat Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
decided to run mad dragon once more for the daily yesterday so asked in guild chat if anyone was up for it got two control wizards one cleric and two great weapon fighters...going in i thought this comp would just wipe like all the other comps i've tried to kill this scaly dumkompf,tried ten times on my rogue to kill him always wiped and tried five times on my guardian fighter to kill him, needless to say the fight took maybe 40 minutes of slapping him with a wet-noodle of everyone running around because i couldn't hold the dumkompfs attention for anything and here is the part that decided if we won or lost..at 30% health he spawned one of the bigger demons i had to switch to him and thankfully grab aggro and haul him to a corner till the other mobs where down enough in health to take him to the rest of the group.

If anyone is still wondering i was one of the great weapon fighters :P
Say what you want, QQ has you like,but the feeling of finally killing that dumkompf was well worth the trouble he caused.
Post edited by ravkrat on

Comments

• Options
    grndmastergrndmaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its definitely a long fight, bit too long imo, everybody in the group has to focus on the adds when they spawn so you dont get overwhelmed. The dragon just kinda attacks whoever anyway so no real tank on them. The 2 big break points are at 66% and 33% when extra adds spawn. Did it recently on my cleric, had to just kite around all those extra adds til the group could pull em off me.

I'd say they could tone down the adds spawning just a touch to allow more dps on the dragon to shorten the fight would help a TON.
    I must say though, actually beating him with a group of on level players does give you a great feeling.
  • Options
    xanos900xanos900 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dont know what you guys have. the dragon isnt realy hard just learn2play srsly
    you need 1 or 2 very good CW that are able to hold 2-3mobs in cc. if your CW are to bad for this - leave.
    if you found dragon hard.. have fun with wolf den.
  • Options
    ravkratravkrat Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @grndmaster true thats why i was using slam i know its trash aoe compared to the control wizards standards but the added slow helps

@zanos900 we downed the dragon :P
  • Options
    grndmastergrndmaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xanos900 wrote: »
    dont know what you guys have. the dragon isnt realy hard just learn2play srsly
    you need 1 or 2 very good CW that are able to hold 2-3mobs in cc. if your CW are to bad for this - leave.
    if you found dragon hard.. have fun with wolf den.

Personally I found the dragon harder than the wolf den, which I've also completed just fine, but thanks for your snarky response assuming I dont know how to play even though we both stated we actually beat it. I'd actually say that dungeon I've run into more problems at the last boss than most of the lvl 60 epics even. Its not that the dragon is that much harder than the others, its that its the first dungeon boss thats actually a challenge. The first couple of dungeons are WAY easier to beat and most new lvl 30-34 players are not ready or expecting how hard it will be.

As to finding a cw that can indefinitely cc 2 to 3 mobs the entire time it takes to down the boss, I have yet to see a single lvl 30-34 able to do that. Seeing as most people just queue for the dungeons since its much easier than searching for the perfect party members, especially while leveling thats another story at 60, the average group isnt going to have 2 CWs to even attempt that.