2»

Comments

• labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    diamnon wrote: »
    You can in fact make keybinds.
    /bind n gotocharacterselect .

OMG this worked great ! I used '0' which is zero instead of 'N'
  • alpha1protocolalpha1protocol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    /bump for the evening crowd :)
  • glomoroglomoro Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    snip

Say I'm on my level 60. I have my binds just right, so I do /bind_save, and it updates a file in your game folder named ent_keybinds.txt

on the other character, I just do /bind_load and it starts accessing that .txt file, and yes the _ are necessary. Those commands will actually auto-complete for you if you want, the options for them and the more specific ones pop up at /bind

Travel power suggestion threads: Air Walk, Heavy Weapon Flight, Cape Glide improvement
    Power suggestion threads: Annihilate
  • xahfarxahfar Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Excellent, thanks for sharing this, definitely more convenient.
  • bobj021960bobj021960 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I setup /bind ctrl+f12 gotocharacterselect on all toons. works great
  • bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Thank you kindly for the tip :D Will be a huge time saver for people with altitis.
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    Much easier than logging-off and back on!
    Why easier? Copy and Paste your Password, then you dont have to wait 15 seconds to log off.
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glomoro wrote: »
    Say I'm on my level 60. I have my binds just right, so I do /bind_save, and it updates a file in your game folder named ent_keybinds.txt

on the other character, I just do /bind_load and it starts accessing that .txt file, and yes the _ are necessary. Those commands will actually auto-complete for you if you want, the options for them and the more specific ones pop up at /bind
    The underscore is superfluous and can be safely omitted.

/bindload and /bindsave work just like /bind_load and /bind_save respectively, you just won't get autocomplete for them.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    uvirith1 wrote: »
    Why easier? Copy and Paste your Password, then you dont have to wait 15 seconds to log off.

I stopped using "remember login" after it kept defaulting to a different PW account name I've never even used with NW. I also use copy/paste regularly for other reasons.
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    question ... question ...
    after i bind it, am i need to bind it over and over again everytime i login or is it saved into the game?
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ranguren wrote: »
    question ... question ...
    after i bind it, am i need to bind it over and over again everytime i login or is it saved into the game?

I used /bind 0 "gotocharacterselect" once per each character. Seems to be saved after that. Not had to retype it since.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • grarigrari Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My binds to change chat channels: (from binds.txt)

Numpad7 "channel_setcurrent Guild"
    Numpad8 "channel_setcurrent Zone"
    Numpad9 "channel_setcurrent Local" // "Say" doesn't seem to work here
    Numpad4 "channel_setcurrent Party" // "Group" doesn't seem to work
  • daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you must wait for the full 15 second log-off for it to work.

Much easier than logging-off and back on!
    Kinda contradicting right there.

I can logoff, log back on and choose a character in 5 seconds; waiting 15 is a waste of time and not 'much easier' when I want to switch fast.
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sweet! Thanks for sharing, people. :)
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Worked like a charm.
    I had to do it for each individual character but well worth it.

<3
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daowace wrote: »
    Kinda contradicting right there.

I can logoff, log back on and choose a character in 5 seconds; waiting 15 is a waste of time and not 'much easier' when I want to switch fast.
    I was going to say exactly this and saw you'd beaten me to it. By the time I went through that rigmarole I could have already logged into my character, done an Invoke and started on my Crafting skills.
  • glomoroglomoro Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coggage wrote: »
    I was going to say exactly this and saw you'd beaten me to it. By the time I went through that rigmarole I could have already logged into my character, done an Invoke and started on my Crafting skills.

The remember check for username does as much as nothing for some of us, so it might not be much if any faster but it is more convenient.

Travel power suggestion threads: Air Walk, Heavy Weapon Flight, Cape Glide improvement
    Power suggestion threads: Annihilate