test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New classes when and what ?

2»

Comments

• filmadeptfilmadept Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It probably won't happen for a while, but I'd love to see the Avenger. Flavor-wise, its my favorite 4th edition class. Its a divine striker and while everyone else is using teamwork, the Avenger is all like "Hey, you, yeah you, come over here so I can kill you while my friends deal with your allies."

He's like a hitman
  • demise177demise177 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "I can't share the details about the new class just yet, but as a hint, it's going to be a "ranged" one."
    source: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=896631

2lD8f0J.png

*cough*archer ranger*cough*
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    quseio wrote: »
    Id like to know when we might see new classes? and what? i know probably ranger first, but me personally i want dragon disciple!, berserker,summoner, some sort of were form druid

What is wrong with you people asking for more content? Why not ask cryptic when they or if they are going to fix the exploits.
  • nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wonder if you've actually played those classes in their 4th edition incarnations?

I wasn’t talking about any edition of the PnP game at all. I was referring to this game which has only the most passing resemblance to the actual tabletop game content. If you want to talk about the real D&D then this really isn’t the best place although I would hate to dissuade you.

The game is going to progress via development strategies rather than adherence to the game system. In the real system you can make a fighter with a bow, but you will never see that here. Instead you will get a ranger (perhaps an archer- does that count as a fighter with a bow?)

We just all have to accept that the classes are much more focused and limited than their PnP counterparts. I don’t really mind it though and if they give me a little more customization I won’t think a thing about it.

But you won’t find a monk in this game without a place for him or her that does not overlap another class. Why would they make a TR clone without daggers?

I was just proposing a way to have a monk, a role that is (arguably) not currently filled because I like monks and wish there was one.
  • ledmonsonledmonson Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd like to see a sword & board Paladin with the Hospitaler paragon path and Chosen epic destiny. I would like to see a bear Shaman for some primal healing (that's for my wife). I'd also like to see a two-weapon ranger for some real dual wielding, Avenger for some real two-hander swinging, Invoker for some real wrath of the gods controller action, Warden for being able to short duration shape shift into many different animals based on their daily powers, Sorcerers for some real arcane booming action (warlocks can go eat a @#$%), Druid for being able to long term shape shift into a bird that can spot which tent the general is sleeping in, shift into a mouse to sneak in, shift into a bear to maul the general into a bloody pulp, and escape by reverse order shifting, and finally a Psi on for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with your mind type controlling.
  • artuvasartuvas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think it is going to be Ranger, but should be druid, the game needs another healing class for sure.
    edited June 2013
    I'd like to see a sword & board Paladin with the Hospitaler paragon path and Chosen epic destiny. I would like to see a bear Shaman for some primal healing (that's for my wife). I'd also like to see a two-weapon ranger for some real dual wielding, Avenger for some real two-hander swinging, Invoker for some real wrath of the gods controller action, Warden for being able to short duration shape shift into many different animals based on their daily powers, Sorcerers for some real arcane booming action (warlocks can go eat a @#$%), Druid for being able to long term shape shift into a bird that can spot which tent the general is sleeping in, shift into a mouse to sneak in, shift into a bear to maul the general into a bloody pulp, and escape by reverse order shifting, and finally a Psi on for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with your mind type controlling.
    edited June 2013
    Sorry for dual post.
    edited June 2013
    DRUIDS DO NOT HEAL IN 4TH ED! The healing classes are Cleric(divine), Warlord(martial), Bard(arcane), Shaman(primal), and Ardent(psionic).
  • sugart4578sugart4578 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the game needs a ranger to counter the CW CW is the only range class that does high damage
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Never used google before? Next 2 classes are scourge warlock and ranger.
  • stubbedtoesstubbedtoes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    The devs seemed to be hinting at a ranged class, and everyone is saying ranger, but another possibility is Invoker. DC does beans for dps, so a divine based damage class could be what we see.
  • kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    demise177 wrote: »
    "I can't share the details about the new class just yet, but as a hint, it's going to be a "ranged" one."
    source: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=896631

2lD8f0J.png

*cough*archer ranger*cough*

Yeah that's a pretty solid indication they mean Archer Ranger is the next one. If they had simply said ranged instead of "ranged" then it would be much more vague and we could debate any number of ranged characters.

Then again in game development timelines can often get moved around for various reasons so I wouldn't exactly bet my life that the Archer Ranger is the absolute next one to be released. They may be 90% complete on an Archer Ranger and then one programmer gets sick and suddenly another programmer that was working on Bard as a pet project finishes up first. *pleasepleasepleaseplease*

Not that I'd purposefully wish for someone to get sick just so I could play a Bard. ;)
  • kylargranitekylargranite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would love to see a Monk class with a bo staff and some hand & feet action;

adding a sub-thief class of Pirate would be cool, fencing style swords

A wild-mage class with spells that fizzle and create random effects but of the same damage as originally intended (to keep balance).

as mentioned above Druid & Ranger would be good as well.
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    From what I have read, there are people who have data mined things in game. From what I can tell the race is going to be Drow, and the classes will be Archer Ranger and Infernal Pacted Scourge Warlock.

As far as when? I don't know, I haven't seen any definitive answers on that.
  • harkinharkin Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Guys, just look at the theme for the module.. elfs and forest, can't be more ranger. And since we know the 2 upcoming classes are Warlock and Ranger, i can bet all my 600K AD that it's gonna be a Ranger next.
  • g4mesdeang4mesdean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    we know that a ranger and a scorge warlock have been confirmed people occasional find bits and pieces of Armour for them in chests and if im not mistaken something about a player class druid was pulled from code somewhere