test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Problem with the "Y" axis

strainzedstrainzed Member Posts: 46
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hello,
I'm having a problem with tiles changing the "Y" axis when I copy/duplicate them. For example, I put a floor tile down. In order to cover an area I duplicate it 3 times. I lined them up & copied them in order to have a 4 x 4 pattern. I then highlighted the 16 tiles & dragged them where I wanted them. I noticed when I went in the dungeon to check them they were all higher/lower than each other, some even several feet in the ground.

I tested this a bit & it seems if you duplicate/ copy/ or even just highlight & move them, the "Y" axis changes for some reason. Has anyone else seen this & is there a way to lock the "Y" for duplicating/moving/copying purposes?
Thanks,
Strain.
Post edited by strainzed on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Is this just me or has anyone else seen it?
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Duplicate preserves the y axis value. Copy & paste resets y values to zero. Don't know if this is a bug, or just a needed improvement, but that's how it works.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    Duplicate preserves the y axis value.

Not on everything. I just duplicated several floor tiles. The Y value changed. I'm on flat ground & have tried all the different "Y relative to" settings. Duplicate is changing the Y value.