test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question for Level 60 Players

stratxzzstratxzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I am finding that I play this game less each day due to the lack of content at max level.

I have leveled 3 characters to 60 and they all have enough gear to participate in any Epic Dungeon, with one of them having completed all to choose from.

I pray hourly when I am on and actively work on professions.

And I usually do the PvP and Dungeon Daily.

---

So my question is;

Is there any solo max level content that works towards progression of my character? Maybe something I missed throughout leveling to 60 3 times? As far as I am concerned there is nothing to do without a group of 5 players, can someone prove me wrong???

P.S

The 5 players you need to do anything worth while have to be **** good or that becomes a waste of time as well.
I can't count the times I have joined a T2 Spider run on my Cleric only to find that no one in my group has killed the last boss without cheeseballin' it.
Strat@stratxzz on the Dragon Shard

Strat - Great Weapon Fighter - Level 60 ( Retired for now )
Strattwo - Control Wizard - Level 60
Stratx - Devoted Cleric - Level 60
Stratt - Trickster Rogue - Level 18

http://theeoi.com - Visit for more information on our gaming community.
Post edited by stratxzz on

Comments

• Options
    stratxzzstratxzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    No level 60s care to share what they think? :(

• Options
    oolophooloph Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont have 60 here yet but solo end game character advancement content is something sorely lacking in nearly every mmo and I believe its directly related to so many good mmo's dying shortly after rellease. It seems weird to be this way, people play mostly solo leveling and love it then all of a sudden you hit max level and if you want to keep playing the game your only option is group content its really dumb!
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Expansions? I fully expect expansions to come quickly since this game has no monthly fee and they need to keep people interested.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    berserkerkitten8berserkerkitten8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If Star Trek Online is anything to go by, you can probably go take a break for 1-2 years now, come back and spend another 2-3 days playing whatever new content there's going to be, then take another break.
    They're not called respect tokens...
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Um... Having 3 characters at level 60 means that you grind a lot, and more than many other people around.

Maybe you should take things slower. This game is still waiting for expansions and updates.

I'm raising my second character to 60, but it's no biggie for me since I also like to RP, so I'll always find things to do. Also, I'm saving for pets and fluff stuff.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    xart3misxart3mis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, in most of the games the devs have enough time to release more end game content before most of the people get to the end game and done everything the game have to offer.
    in this case - people got to 60 way too fast, and they released the game with not enough content.
    so - work on the professions, pray, stack AD and wait until they release more content.
  • Options
    callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Honestly I just hang out in ts and bs with guildies.

PVP

And t2 dungeons / CN

rarely will I do a dungeon if delves is not up.

It just sucks because the game is fun, but after a few weeks of killing an hour worth of trash mobs EVERY dungeon (mobs that drop nothing I want, screw enchants dont make me lul).

Worth design philosophy ever. Lets make bosses the only ones capable of dropping anything worth using, oh and 2million trash mobs in between each boss you know, because its fun to kill mobs that drop TRASH.

This game is NOT rewarding at max level. Getting my t2 set made me happy, that was about it.

Boring games boring, but ill still play.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    stratxzz wrote: »
    I am finding that I play this game less each day due to the lack of content at max level.

I have leveled 3 characters to 60 and they all have enough gear to participate in any Epic Dungeon, with one of them having completed all to choose from.

I pray hourly when I am on and actively work on professions.

And I usually do the PvP and Dungeon Daily.

---

So my question is;

Is there any solo max level content that works towards progression of my character? Maybe something I missed throughout leveling to 60 3 times? As far as I am concerned there is nothing to do without a group of 5 players, can someone prove me wrong???

P.S

The 5 players you need to do anything worth while have to be **** good or that becomes a waste of time as well.
    I can't count the times I have joined a T2 Spider run on my Cleric only to find that no one in my group has killed the last boss without cheeseballin' it.

Considering Neverwinter is still in open beta and isn't even released yet, you may want to take a break since I see you already have a level 60 GWF, 60 CW, 60 DC and 18 TR. That's some pretty hardcore testing you have done so far... I'm not sure what method you are using to level your characters...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    herumetherumet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Easy, don't level so fast... the end.
  • Options
    nokturnelnokturnel Member Posts: 173 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    herumet wrote: »
    Easy, don't level so fast... the end.

lol it's actually way too easy to level in this game, i was actively trying to not level while leveling so I could do each dungeon before it couldn't queue for it anymore, but no luck I always only got to do a dungeon once before I out leveled it cause this game throws Xp down your throat currently lol. (invoking gives you xp... seriously? I pressed 1 button and gained a huge chunk of my level?) It's a joke how easy it is to get to 60 right now.
    -Protect the Caravan-
    Fun 15-20 Minute Heavy Combat Quest with a difficulty slider. Hand crafted environments and encounters.
    Code: NW-DSVCX8LD4
    Thread URL: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?257391-Protect-the-Caravan
  • Options
    galthisgalthis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm only at 48, but except for a few delves/skirms, I have soloed all the way. I have been pleasantly surprised that the leveling content (including foundry) are pretty challenging. Part of that is Cryptic's refusal to allow upgrading of white pets until they sell enough zen ones, but that is a different thread.

It is pretty mind boggling that Cryptic apparently did not even write one, (one!) solo quest for endgame!! Not even one? Not even a lousy repeatable slayer quest to grind gold? The rote response is that what foundry is for, but the devs have seriously gimped foundry by not allowing resource nodes/chests. People have written marvelous content, with awesome places to explore. But, other than mobs, they are all empty! Terrible decision. There has to be a way to allow a reasonable distribution of treasure nodes in a foundry quest. Has to be. The lack of them diminishes the fine effort and time being applied by foundry authors.

Devs could easily use foundry to create some solo end game. Pick 2 or so quests per period (day two days whatever), and reward seals or some new gear grind currency for completion. Make those quests 'real' with treasure to find and a decent completion reward in gold and gear. Make them repeatable within a reasonable limit.

Of course, Cryptic could also feel free to write some end game content for solo players. Dumb down some skirms and make the old ones soloable/repeatable at 60. Create some type of reputation grind with gear, recipes or colored prof assets gated behind it.

Ideas are not that hard to come up with. The issue seems to be Cryptic is not interested in solo play at level 60. It is a shame really.
  • Options
    rick4003rick4003 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the issue might be should someone be able to level 3 characters to 60 in such a short time. The game is definetly designed for power gaming rather then role playing.
  • Options
    darksxdarksx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have a level 60, and yes, im finding it difficult to do anything now that I maxed out. the Epic dungeons are not balanced in anyway, so we are not even looking to try any of those yet. I've been working on a Cleric and a Wizard. both are in their 30s. but after all of what just happened. im at the point where I just login do the Invokes and professions. logout.

The New Add-on for Star trek is coming out today, and I do have a full leveled admiral on there too. Looking forward to trying out some of the new content as a Romulan today. that's where ill be spending much of time until things settle down here.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    Considering Neverwinter is still in open beta and isn't even released yet, you may want to take a break since I see you already have a level 60 GWF, 60 CW, 60 DC and 18 TR. That's some pretty hardcore testing you have done so far... I'm not sure what method you are using to level your characters...

It's possible to have such characters without exploiting, I leveled a GWF in less than two weeks, having some time due to college vacations. My TR is almost 60 and I've been playing her roughly the same amount.

Leveling is fast in this game, but not the end of it.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    stealthymcthiefstealthymcthief Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Expansions? I fully expect expansions to come quickly since this game has no monthly fee and they need to keep people interested.

Hahahahahahaha. Have you seen the amount of content they have added post launch to both their other games STO and Champions? They are banking on the foundry here since their usual dedication to churning out content past launch is overshadowed by your average decently motivated two person garage mod team. Seriously, I've seen people develop more of their own content for say New Vegas on their own than Cryptic has added to STO in THREE YEARS.
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem here is you play too much.

Well, you can always try to solo long foundries. Many of them are 100+ minutes long, not all of them have as good story as the official game's ones, but since you are bored. It does not harm to give them a try.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    zetarmannzetarmann Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Surprise, surprise...sprint to max level and complain that a BETA doesn't have end game content yet....how foolish you all are. Many games have little end game content when they go live. This whine is just another reason there should be wipes...***** all ya want but not wiping is a **** good way to make sure things don't get fixed, cheaters / exploiters get away with it and the bugged game packed with max players on day 1 will not last long. Whenever I start a game and see that it is packed with max level toons I say what's the point and never stay long...if that is what PW wants, then so be it. Somene said that wipes would hide cheaters tracks..I say Bullshirt! That is the kind of argument a cheater makes so that they can keep their ill gotten gains....A wipe is the only solution tho I will continue playing for a while since it vaguely reminds me of the old EQ1 release days.....I doubt this game will last very long, certainly not as long as EQ1 but I wish it well...
  • Options
    darksxdarksx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zetarmann wrote: »
    Surprise, surprise...sprint to max level and complain that a BETA doesn't have end game content yet....how foolish you all are. Many games have little end game content when they go live. This whine is just another reason there should be wipes...***** all ya want but not wiping is a **** good way to make sure things don't get fixed, cheaters / exploiters get away with it and the bugged game packed with max players on day 1 will not last long. Whenever I start a game and see that it is packed with max level toons I say what's the point and never stay long...if that is what PW wants, then so be it. Somene said that wipes would hide cheaters tracks..I say Bullshirt! That is the kind of argument a cheater makes so that they can keep their ill gotten gains....A wipe is the only solution tho I will continue playing for a while since it vaguely reminds me of the old EQ1 release days.....I doubt this game will last very long, certainly not as long as EQ1 but I wish it well...

I don't know what rock you live under, but I didn't sprint anywhere to max out my char. I just played the game as it unfolded to me. And It took me several weeks to get to level 60. So take your trolling *** someplace else.
  • Options
    dandamisdandamis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First, I totally agree about it being too easy to level to 60. I lol'd at all the threads where people are *****ing about cheaters using the foundry to level - who cares? You get so much XP from quests it's silly. As OP stated, even if you TRY to not get XP, it's hard as hell to stay in level range long enough to complete dungeons and skirmishes for your level - unless you skip quests, of course. But I digress.

Ok, so you are 60. Obviously levelling isn't an activity. You've completed all the main story quests, fine. You want something for solo fun, not always 5 group pvp and dungeons, fair enough. Well, the obvious answer is the foundry, isn't it? I'm sure more official content will come eventually, but isn't the foundry designed to fill this gap specifically? You've got the gear you need and you don't need xp, so the only reason to actually play single player content is for the content itself. Sounds perfect for the foundry! Or maybe even get creative and make some of your own content.
  • Options
    hatchet01111hatchet01111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to tell you something that you already know, but just do not want to admit. Even though you like this game it is not designed for you (or me), it does not balance casual and hard core game experience. You know this, once you hit 60 it might take two days if you pace yourself to complete your t2 set then you have nothing to do at all.. ever. This game was made to make the casual player feel a sense of accomplishment so they can "be uber too" and fork over more and more money for it.

This game was not designed for you, I wish this was not true but it is.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Why do people think I leveled to fast.

Get out of this thread it is not intended for you.

---

• Options
    azithothazithoth Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    you can do what a bunch of other geared out 60's do, sit in the middle of the market and watch other people run by... lol
  • Options
    hamoct72hamoct72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    avoid red circles
    deal with adds
    rogue kills the boss

m-i-rite?

This game fails on so many levels
  • Options
    goladongoladon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's BETA. Do you understand what that is?

Why don't you use the foundry and be creative?
  • Options
    imaginaryhawkimaginaryhawk Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    ooloph wrote: »
    I dont have 60 here yet but solo end game character advancement content is something sorely lacking in nearly every mmo and I believe its directly related to so many good mmo's dying shortly after rellease. It seems weird to be this way, people play mostly solo leveling and love it then all of a sudden you hit max level and if you want to keep playing the game your only option is group content its really dumb!

I agree that this is one of the reasons why most modern MMOs are so short-lived, their single-player oriented content lasts at best a month and then you hit the lvl cap and your only options are to start a new toon or to farm dungeons for epic gear. Most players just arent okay with that.

It's kind of funny, actually: back in the day of MMOs such as Lineage 2 it took months to get a single character to a lvl cap, and that kept people going, it kept them paying for long periods. Then in an attempt to broaden audiences most MMOs adopted this casual WOW-style "do a hundred quests and you're already max lvl" progression style, and while it certainly has its benefits, it's hard to make a successful long term MMO designed like this. Most people quickly hit the lvl cap and then move on to do the same in another game.