test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Should I stay or should I go?

countgrishnackh6countgrishnackh6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
First off this is not a rant! Everyones posting threads and stuff... I thought I'd make my own... its my right :p

You know?... I actually like the game *gasp*

I play a GF and because of the ****ty design had to adapt and become DPS due to me not being able to hold aggro and well...be a tank... and I had fun doing so... on a good day I was about 100k dmg (well I think it is 100k, cause I cant actually max that window) behind our TR in Spellplague Caverns... with a GWF at 2/3 my dmg.

The Boss glitches so many people made use of them...and the fact is... if they weren't there they wouldn't have been an issue people would just do the boss the normal/intended way, can you blame them for taking advantage... especially when you consider the only way devs could make bosses "interesting" and challenging was by adding 100000 adds...

I could deal with everything else but what got to me the most, was is the AH... I had no idea this was going on until that fateful day ... and the "proof" some people were posting that it was going on for a while...was just like...wow... really? So they knew about it? and fixed it? But they didnt? But they could have?
Honestly I'm flabbergasted at it all...How did this happen?
How could something that they base their whole game around be overlooked like that? Also from what I've been seeing it happened in one of their previous games (pls correct me if I'm wrong)

You can keep your useless bribey thank you packs. Just tell us WHY! It just feels like a slap in the face.
If its been going on since the beginning theres no way the AH had 100% natural growth

You know I gladly payed my hard earned cash because I wanted to see this game become a success
I feel kinda distraught at the moment... not sure whether to pack it up... or wait for who knows how long for stuff to get fixed and try again.

Anyway ... I just wanted to get it off my chest (thats what she said)

kthnxbai
Post edited by countgrishnackh6 on

Comments

• Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The why is simple: Bugs happen.

Did they know? Would you believe them if they said "No"?
  • Options
    tomalak011tomalak011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Are you having fun playing the game? Then stay, but don't spend any more RL cash.

Just accept anything made by Cryptic (not to mention published by PW) is a short-term involvement until something better comes out.

But there is no reason to leave the game you are enjoying.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The why is simple: Bugs happen.

Did they know? Would you believe them if they said "No"?

They would only gain by coming out and saying they did not know. By not saying anything, they are reinforcing people's belief that they knew, whether they actually did or not.
  • Options
    zanthe25zanthe25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    PWE/Cryptic have done everything right, rollback was needed to minimise the damage done... it might not be perfect solution, sure they still be some lasting damage, but blame the exploiters not game.

Every game ever made has exploits, many are exposed before they can be abused... but games in beta are even more vunrable as some people are desperately looking for them!

The game is good, no real money has or ever will be lost, and I'd happily throw more money at the game in future
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Stay, but don't use any real money on the game.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    llllllllll42llllllllll42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like maho4200 said; Stay, but don't use any real money on the game.

Every Time you feel the urge to buy ZEN for real money on NeverWinter, put that money in a box and save it.
    When you've gathered 49.99 dollars in your box, pick up GW2 digital edition.
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm feeling the same way you are. All the exploits and other shenanigans have really bothered me, but not half as much as this AH exploit. This last exploit just killed the game for me, I haven't logged in since. I seem to have lost all will to play.

However, I'm not ready to call it complete quits just yet. I'm just watching from the sidelines to see what happens. If they manage to fix things (and to be honest, I really don't see how they can without a total wipe) or they at least open a new server, where those of us who want a fresh start in a 'clean' game can start over, then I'll probably start playing again.

But for now, I'm just watching and waiting.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Every Time you feel the urge to buy ZEN for real money on NeverWinter, put that money in a box and save it.

Good luck with GW2 everyone leaving as its no end game
  • Options
    immortaltenzhiimmortaltenzhi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a tough decision. I mean, if you go there will be trouble, but if you stay it will be double...
  • Options
    lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    I'm feeling the same way you are. All the exploits and other shenanigans have really bothered me, but not half as much as this AH exploit. This last exploit just killed the game for me, I haven't logged in since. I seem to have lost all will to play.

However, I'm not ready to call it complete quits just yet. I'm just watching from the sidelines to see what happens. If they manage to fix things (and to be honest, I really don't see how they can without a total wipe) or they at least open a new server, where those of us who want a fresh start in a 'clean' game can start over, then I'll probably start playing again.

But for now, I'm just watching and waiting.

same, I just crawled to the sidelines with you... my exact stance is exactly the same way you feel.
  • Options
    braddassbraddass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108
    edited May 2013
    If you want a fair game, where exploiting is not condoned and the company does everything it can to take action to prevent it ... I am afraid you might want to look elsewhere.

Maybe they will prove me wrong. But, as I was told when I was potty trained, if you refuse to wipe, you will continue to smell like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    I am a Lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's a tough decision. I mean, if you go there will be trouble, but if you stay it will be double...
    LOL, good one - and kinda true in this case.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If you go, you miss out on a good game, every game has its problems, especially in the first 6 months after release, and this isn't even released yet, it beta, many game get bad rep in days soon after release, but many those game grow, improve and become amazing games in time. Even WoW and Everquest had serious issues.

I believe this is one of those games that grows and improves with time.
  • Options
    haralorharalor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zanthe25 wrote: »

They have the best Endgame you can have....World PvP
  • Options
    lanzdownelanzdowne Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it's not fun don't do it. Also, if other try to tell you it's not fun, ignore them and find out for yourself!!!

:cool:
    20.jpg
  • Options
    zefsgrzefsgr Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    braddassbraddass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108
    edited May 2013
    If you go, you miss out on a good game, every game has its problems, especially in the first 6 months after release, and this isn't even released yet, it beta, many game get bad rep in days soon after release, but many those game grow, improve and become amazing games in time. Even WoW and Everquest had serious issues.

I believe this is one of those games that grows and improves with time.

Maybe so, but they have started off very poorly. Their refusal to wipe, means they will continue to smell rather poorly.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Haha...GW2 has the same exploits going on, and the gap between the rich have's who exploited early and the poor have-nots is absolutely enormous. The GW2 economy is way more screwed up that Neverwinter right now.

So unless you love Korean-style, soulless end-game grinding, I wouldn't touch GW2.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    chia247chia247 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I could deal with everything else but what got to me the most, was is the AH... I had no idea this was going on until that fateful day ... and the "proof" some people were posting that it was going on for a while...was just like...wow... really? So they knew about it? and fixed it? But they didnt? But they could have?
    Honestly I'm flabbergasted at it all...How did this happen?
    How could something that they base their whole game around be overlooked like that? Also from what I've been seeing it happened in one of their previous games (pls correct me if I'm wrong)

You can keep your useless bribey thank you packs. Just tell us WHY! It just feels like a slap in the face.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?265922-Which-database-programmer-is-getting-fired-today

Read my thread.It tells you exactly what happened and it wasn't even a bug.The mods have the guts to lock the thread when i called for the people responsible to take responsibility of this mess but they will never silence the truth.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

How long do you think NWN end-game will be popular in this condition?

Be honest.

I give it 3 months from now, and it's already going down.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Haha...GW2 has the same exploits going on, and the gap between the rich have's who exploited early and the poor have-nots is absolutely enormous. The GW2 economy is way more screwed up that Neverwinter right now.

So unless you love Korean-style, soulless end-game grinding, I wouldn't touch GW2.

I won't argue about the grinding, but saying their economy is more screwed up is simply not true.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I can tell you didn't even try GW2.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    braddass wrote: »
    I won't argue about the grinding, but saying their economy is more screwed up is simply not true.

That's what makes the grinding so terrible...check out the prices on any component to Ascended gear or a Legendary weapon and be prepared to grind for years or swipe your credit card to buy more gold from Anet, which is exactly what Anet wants you to do.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That's what makes the grinding so terrible...check out the prices on any component to Ascended gear or a Legendary weapon and be prepared to grind for years or swipe your credit card to buy more gold from Anet, which is exactly what Anet wants you to do.
    Yeah that's worse than NW where you have to buy packs for real money for a chance to get materials!
  • Options
    cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have my own beef with the game, from boss fights being over tuned and add-happy, to the cash shop which now all seems inferior to the AH problems. But heres the thing: I keep coming back. The game, the ambience, the setting, the diversity in monsters and mobs killing were rats to devils to huge ogres to werewolves to undead to..whatever, the list goes on and on. I really like the combat, I love my class(DC). Yes, the game has bugs an efficiency issues (ahem dungeon finder). But overall, its solid for not having to spend a dime in the cash shop.

Here is how the next week or two is going to play out for me (I am currently level 45):
    -Continue leveling via quests, foundry, skirmish and dungeons.
    -Hit 60
    -Try out the first round of epic dungeons. If I am unable to hold my own in these dungeons with the gear that I'll have on my back when I hit 60, I'll leave.
    -If I progress, I'll check out tier two dungeons, and so on.
    -If I find out that I need to spend some money to obtain anything worthwhile in the game, or so that I am not shunned by the other players in the dungeon group, I will leave.
    -If I feel that this game has longevity potential and that Im not forced to spend money to "progress", I will make the decision: Spend some serious coin and make this my mainstay game, or head back to GW2 where Im already 1000 hours vested, and 150$(not including box price) vested.

I'll know in about two weeks whether or not this game is for me. Until then, I'll be enjoying it casually and leveling. Hopping over to GW2 for dailys and the ocassional dungeon run.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    I'll know in about two weeks whether or not this game is for me. Until then, I'll be enjoying it casually and leveling. Hopping over to GW2 for dailys and the ocassional dungeon run.

This guy is smart.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I can see you've never played GW2, or if you did you probably got to max level, looked around and saw no raids, and left. News flash: Not every game must follow the subscription model of providing endless hours of grinding in raids.

TBH, I prefer 1 to 1.5 hrs in a Fractal than 3 hours in a raid. I think Fractals are more than enough endgame content. I think theres 9 different maps, the mechanics of the maps themselves (and bosses) are really unique and can be difficult especially on hgher levels. Once I hit 20, it began to get a lot harder.

So between grinding for a legendary, Fractals, and Wvw, I'd say that GW2 has as much endgame content than a game like WoW where all you would do is raid or arena/battleground.
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    I can tell you didn't even try GW2.

Take your GW2 fan boy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to the GW2 forums. I have friends that left City of Heroes directly for GW2, while I came over to Cryptic's stable of games (because NCSoft's track record for MMOs sucks worse than EA's at this point). Those friends are now playing NW because GW2 is so effing TERRIBAD they can't stand it anymore.

You're either a shill or someone with incredibly poor taste in my opinion. Either way you're a sad case for hanging around on some forums for a game that you have nothing but complaints about. Why don't you go play some GW2 and post on those forums?

Or maybe you enjoy what you do here--in which case I can't relate to you at all, but I realize it takes all kinds to keep our unique species churning. :rolleyes:
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    OP, if its fun play. If you enjoy your class and the setting the game is in, play. Hit max level in a week or two, or three, depending where you are, and re-assess. If you are already max level, you can assess the game now...is the "endgame" fun, at the moment?

To me, I see endless dungeon grinding for the BiS gear. If I am around for that long, I'd probably leave once that happens if theres nothing to Do with that BiS gear. Im not talking about raids either. There are many forms of end game content that could be provided where we could test our mettle, and do not involve the typical 5 man hard more dungeon archetype. The quicker MMO players and devleopers realize this, the better off the genre will be.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    impervium wrote: »
    Take your GW2 fan boy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to the GW2 forums.

Because he (rightfully) said that GW2 isn't "korean-grind leveling" he's a shill?

. . Have you played GW2? You can get max level by exploring, crafting, pvp etc. Lvl is not even important in GW.

Five bucks you won't expand on why you're so aggressive. Want to take the bet?