test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Shield Stacking

tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
When are you going to fix the Astral Shield Exploit that Clerics have? I am pretty sure that the encounter spell was not intended to make Clerics invincible.
Post edited by tenkuro on

Comments

• unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's awesome. Get 2 clerics and astral shield even stacks. You don't even need a GF to tank when the cleric is a better tank, especially since cleric draws so much agro.
  • disneffadisneffa Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    yeah lol watch them nerf it and none of u tards clear a ****in thing.
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Exploit?...

What is this 'exploit'? Cleric uses ability, ability is actually good, people call 'exploit'? Oh wait, you must be PvP focused.

Invincible?...

You must not play a cleric. Take away Astral Shield and clerics are little more than gimped damage dealers with some minor heals. I'm not even exaggerating. Astral Shield is the only reason clerics are viable, at anything, at level 60.

Unless you're talking double Astral Shield. I still wouldn't call it an exploit but I think the DR shouldn't stack. Let the healing stack but since the DR is on a buff make it only apply once and call it a day. Any other nerfing of AS would destroy the viability of clerics in every area of the game.

Oh, and while their at it make sure that when 2 rogues attack the same target one of them has their DPS negated because two rogues DPS on the same target is OP and obviously an exploit.

And make sure that if a CW uses singularity on a target the next CW to use singularity will have it fail. Can't have 2 CWs stacking their control, that's an exploit too obviously.
  • drinnthdrinnth Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fully expect a change in the near future, something along the lines of diminishing returns per each extra stack possibly along with a change to the total current value. And knowing how they like to go all or nothing, this skill will soon be worthless.
    edited May 2013
    Nerf? Then how is everyone going to be able to farm the t2 dungeons with out this awesome ability? Geez, it's certainly doable but it takes longer w/ out this God Mode.

This is a poor game mechanic because it makes GFs useless and unwanted. Also, with groups taking two clerics into their dungeon instances, it doesn't help others looking for clerics since there's a shortage of them. This only exacerbates that shortage. Besides, Devs have said that they're already looking at it and will take some time to balance out the issues.

In pvp, this is even worse. I've had it where two clerics had astral shield on me and kept healing me while I fought off and killed 4 toons from the other team. My health did not even drop a sliver as I killed off the 4.
  • tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow the forum mod changed the name of the title of the thread...

First of all, I am not talking about the shield stacking. My cleric is the only cleric in the group and we spent hours trying to figure out how a cleric we went up against was able to take 0 damage with that shield up even though there were 5 people on him. IT IS A BUG AND EXPLOIT. I'm not going to tell everyone how to do it, but if you do a bit of google, you'll find it. *sigh*
  • doomsday22kdoomsday22k Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »
    My cleric is the only cleric in the group and we spent hours trying to figure out how a cleric we went up against was able to take 0 damage with that shield up even though there were 5 people on him. IT IS A BUG AND EXPLOIT.

No its not a bug or an exploit. he just had hallowed ground up at the same time. it also mitigates dmg and heals.

So Astral Shield + Daily Skill Hallowed ground == noobs scratching their heads for 15 seconds :-)
    It can be dps'ed through. Best thing to do is punt the cleric out of it.
    edited May 2013
    No its not a bug or an exploit. he just had hallowed ground up at the same time. it also mitigates dmg and heals.

So Astral Shield + Daily Skill Hallowed ground == noobs scratching their heads for 15 seconds :-)

The exploit keeps it up indefinitely. It wasn't just 15 seconds. It was up entire pvp fight, but she couldn't move out of it. She had to stay at the #2 pillar entire time. She reported it already so lets see them fix it. If they don't fix it soon, she's going to post a video and show everyone how to do it until they fix it.
    edited May 2013
    If u can't out dps a cleric's defenses/buffs, then just avoid them. They're a waste of time. If you can, great.
    edited May 2013
    If u can't out dps a cleric's defenses/buffs, then just avoid them. They're a waste of time. If you can, great.

The problem is, this cleric was stationed on top of #2 pillar entire time during the pvp fight and took 0 damage. It changed the outcome of the fight because it was just her holding the middle pillar with a CW while the rest of the team went to cap 1 and 3. My guildie, a cleric, said that was impossible so she did some research and tested it herself. It's an exploit triggered by another exploit to make the cleric take 0 damage indefinitely until she moves out of the blue circle.
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »
    The exploit keeps it up indefinitely. It wasn't just 15 seconds. It was up entire pvp fight, but she couldn't move out of it. She had to stay at the #2 pillar entire time. She reported it already so lets see them fix it. If they don't fix it soon, she's going to post a video and show everyone how to do it until they fix it.

I think you've been trololololed hard.
    edited May 2013
    I think you've been trololololed hard.

I wish :\ It's not even funny.
  • marclovesvinamarclovesvina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just kill the Cleric who cast AS. Then BOOM. No Problem.
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Tons of skills on multiple classes for pushing and knocking enemies and a skill that creates a powerful defensive field worth pushing or knocking enemies out of...hmmm...what to do, what to do...I feel the answer is close....hmmm..
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PVP people need to just shut up for a while, and let the devs handle REAL problems. An even better idea would be for them to actually learn how to play, and appreciate the fact that classes in this have different strengths and weaknesses rather than all being carbon copies of each other like you see in other MMO's that abandoned the ideal of having different roles for the sake of fairness. *cough* GW2 *cough* *cough*

Know what op? Go play Guild Wars 2 if you want a game where everyone's DPS is the same, everyone heals, and everyone tanks. Seriously, go try out PVP in that game, it is exactly what you and every other whiny little punk crying about PVP in this wants. All classes are the same in it, no one uses team work, or strategy, just pure zerging and button mashing. Please, go try it, come back and apologize to the devs though when you realize what a terrible idea you're promoting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    BTW - The Cleric's class role is LEADER in case you never picked up a 4th edition Player's Handbook. Aside from healing, the Leader's main function is to hand out buffs to all his buddies. That's all the Astral Shield is, a buff. Since the Cleric can't even heal enough to recover from one weak minion attack, and their DPS is PITIFUL, I think it would be STUPID to take away their ability to buff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chinzw85chinzw85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    BTW - The Cleric's class role is LEADER in case you never picked up a 4th edition Player's Handbook. Aside from healing, the Leader's main function is to hand out buffs to all his buddies. That's all the Astral Shield is, a buff. Since the Cleric can't even heal enough to recover from one weak minion attack, and their DPS is PITIFUL, I think it would be STUPID to take away their ability to buff.

No one is talking about removing the DCs astral shield, just fix the stacking of 2 astral shields... relax
    edited May 2013
    chinzw85 wrote: »
    No one is talking about removing the DCs astral shield, just fix the stacking of 2 astral shields... relax

If we're going to nerf a shield to the point that it does not shield anymore, we might as well remove it. I loved Guild Wars 1 because of the variety of skills/strategies, and the near infinite possibilities of creating builds. The problem though was that every time I'd finish making a successful build for PVP, or even farming, a bunch of whine-o's would convince that game's devs to nerf the Hell out of it. Then when Guild Wars 2 came out, I saw the whiners had won, resulting in a soulless MMO where all classes are the same.

I don't want to finish leveling my TR only to find out it can no longer DPS because some people whined about it. I doubt the clerics want to finish leveling to 60 only to have their shields nerfed, being left with only gimped DPS and some of the worst healing I've seen in any MMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Here's another solution for you whine-o's. Step back out of the Cleric's range for 15 freaking seconds. It's not like they are tanking four people at once by themselves and winning PVP matches by themselves like I used to on Guild Wars. They are boosting their team's defense, and winning because you idiots rush in instead of waiting 15 seconds for the buff to fade.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xenobiusxenobius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's another solution for you whine-o's. Step back out of the Cleric's range for 15 freaking seconds. It's not like they are tanking four people at once by themselves and winning PVP matches by themselves like I used to on Guild Wars. They are boosting their team's defense, and winning because you idiots rush in instead of waiting 15 seconds for the buff to fade.

I'm sorry, but I have to ask - did you ever bother trying to learn how to *read*?
    No one complains about clerics having the mentioned buff as such - it's the possibility to stack two on top of each other, mitigating any damage into the near-zero zone, both in PvP and, more importantly, PvE. I seriously doubt that a "two shielded clerics stand and spam heals" thing was the perfect image of a tank-and-healer class by design.
    edited May 2013
    xenobius wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but I have to ask - did you ever bother trying to learn how to *read*?
    No one complains about clerics having the mentioned buff as such - it's the possibility to stack two on top of each other, mitigating any damage into the near-zero zone, both in PvP and, more importantly, PvE. I seriously doubt that a "two shielded clerics stand and spam heals" thing was the perfect image of a tank-and-healer class by design.

In Guild Wars you could fill 7 out of 8 skills with defense buffs, stacking them all together for as long as 60 seconds. And you're whining about stacking TWO for 15 seconds, when one of them is a daily. Guess it's an exploit when I stack my daily power with my three encounters to spike DPS too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Here's a good example for you, though it's from real life so it may seem foreign to some of you couch potatoes. Say a boxer works out at a gym, bench-pressing 400 lbs & hitting a heavy bag all day for years. Then he goes and picks a fight with a black belt in some martial arts style, whatever the style is does not matter for this example. He quickly finds that he's not fast enough to hit the guy, and after getting his arm broke he goes down to the police station to file a report on said black belt.

This is essentially what is happening in this game. You DPS'ers are getting mad and throwing a hissy fit because someone's defense is too good for you, and calling the cops (the devs) on them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    *cough* Cleric is actually stacking a Daily, an Encounter and a Class Feature. Foresight is also coming into play, iirc Hallowed Ground mitigates 15% and foresight up to 11%. Astral Shield I can't remember exactly but it'd never give 100% damage mitigation. Even when stacking with another cleric I don't think getting 100% damage mitigation is actually possible but I could be wrong.

I agree to a degree that damage mitigation is a little too high from cleric but then I'd say defence gives far too little damage mitigation on the flip side and cleric has very little else to bring to the party other than damage mitigation. If cleric had more active healing and defence had more of an effect then considering nerfing AS slightly wouldn't be out of order but as it stands nerfing AS right now would just give another broken class where cleric right now is actually about balanced just because one OPed skill brings them up to par... yeah. Unless you think we should Nerf TR and CW down with Cleric at the same time?
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stacking does need to go, no reasonable person can justify them stacking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    *cough* Cleric is actually stacking a Daily, an Encounter and a Class Feature. Foresight is also coming into play, iirc Hallowed Ground mitigates 15% and foresight up to 11%. Astral Shield I can't remember exactly but it'd never give 100% damage mitigation. Even when stacking with another cleric I don't think getting 100% damage mitigation is actually possible but I could be wrong.

I agree to a degree that damage mitigation is a little too high from cleric but then I'd say defence gives far too little damage mitigation on the flip side and cleric has very little else to bring to the party other than damage mitigation. If cleric had more active healing and defence had more of an effect then considering nerfing AS slightly wouldn't be out of order but as it stands nerfing AS right now would just give another broken class where cleric right now is actually about balanced just because one OPed skill brings them up to par... yeah. Unless you think we should Nerf TR and CW down with Cleric at the same time?

While we're at it, let's nerf brick walls since they don't break when you beat your face against them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    Stacking does need to go, no reasonable person can justify them stacking.

You call yourself a PVPer? Even in the tabletop version people use action points to stack powers. Some powers only use a minor action allowing you to stack them without an action point. Since action points are how dailies recharge in this, I don't see a problem with stacking them along with your encounter powers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    God, most PVPers are just unbelievably whiny. They whine about DPS classes having DPS, they whine about tanks not having DPS, they whine about support classes stacking buffs.... DID YOU GUYS PLAY ANY OTHER MMO BEFORE THIS?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    While we're at it, let's nerf brick walls since they don't break when you beat your face against them.

Well let's just make sure TR and CW are nerfed before the brick wall and DC since those two classes are way more OPed than DC is, heck CW and push a DC out of the AS with a single ability. When stacked AS's can be overpowered by a single ability of a single class?... yeah...
    edited May 2013
    Well let's just make sure TR and CW are nerfed before the brick wall and DC since those two classes are way more OPed than DC is, heck CW and push a DC out of the AS with a single ability. When stacked AS's can be overpowered by a single ability of a single class?... yeah...

I just think it's sad people will whine this much over a 15 second buff being stacked with a daily when they have all these awesome spiking and cc abilities at their disposal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You call yourself a PVPer? Even in the tabletop version people use action points to stack powers. Some powers only use a minor action allowing you to stack them without an action point. Since action points are how dailies recharge in this, I don't see a problem with stacking them along with your encounter powers.

Sounds like you should be playing a tabletop game and not an MMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]