test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cyptic you are losing me.

bismar7bismar7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I've been really diehard about Neverwinter since I first heard about it. I've played in all the beta weekends and have played a ton in open beta.

I have given a lot of feedback most of it constructive; and taken a lot of criticism from many people I've recommended the game to, because they found it wanting. I still love the gameplay... but I'm coming to the conclusion that you have an ideal, a concept of how you want to make this game... regardless of what your consumer and player base think. I am extremely disappointed in the lack of communication, the manner in which the cash shop (and its items) are presented and used, and the reaction to anything that is not at the level of "gamebreaking."

I'm going to ask one final time for one thing. Just one.

Please be more communicative with your player base.

If this one thing is done I will be around for years, if it is not I will be moving on.
I am one customer, one consumer, one player; but others will follow if you do not act as a game company/publisher/developer is expected to in this day. There are many different problems that many different people have with the game, it is a great game in my opinon; Look at your forums. Look at the Archived beta forums and see all that people have written... I have it from 3 Alpha testers that the same thing has happened in alpha... little if any change based on feedback and no communication about the game, what is coming next, what your design decisions are, why they are that. What the ideal is and what the player base should expect... Nothing. Not even minute information like announcing how professions work before you just release them, or what they are. No questions answered.

And then there are the AMA's... what a waste of time... its like giving lip service and filling our ears with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Never anything new, avoided questions and flat out omission... and I realize this isn't your fault, I realize that marketing had a lockdown on things, or PWE does. The reasoning doesn't excuse the action.

A very easy and valid example is TESO. I'm not even in that beta yet... and yet I can find more information about the systems in a game I haven't played, than in one I've spent weeks in. You should do this yourself, not put up an official wiki and hope the players "get it right."

I logged on here and spent time to write this because I obviously think some things are being very badly done, otherwise why would I waste my time? I've seen over a hundred good question threads come and go with no response in any shape or form, they just get read and ignored... I'm tired of it and if doesn't change then goodbye.

-Mortae
26.jpg
Post edited by bismar7 on

Comments

• Options
    estsuestsu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They dont have time to communicate because they are thinking up new mount design to put in the Zen Market. Or how they can get more people to buy zen. Also founders pack ending soon, buy it fast kinda stuff.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    dracoslayer21dracoslayer21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They don't need to communicate with it's playerbase like a good company would when they are already making money by the bucketload selling ZEN to ignorant people who don't seem to care about throwing away $200.00 on a VIDEO GAME!

I love this game as well, but the ZEN and AD market is complete garbage in it's current state and really feels like every time I turn a corning in this game I get smacked accross the face with a great big sign saying "What to have this? BUY ZEN!" "What to do that better?? BUY MORE ZEN!!" "Hey you just died. Want to come back to life? BUY EVEN MORE ZEN!!!"

I know a F2P game needs to make money off microtransactions but this game truly takes it to the extreme and really needs to tone it down to help get people to stick around longer.
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So between the main website, the news updates, Twitter, Facebook, Livestreams, interviews and podcasts, they're not being communicative enough for you? :confused:

What do you want, silly? A date? Some hand-holding?

Yes it's a game, but it's also a business. At the end of the day, they've got to take the feedback (some of it--it can never be all of it; there are many thousands of us) and sit down and WORK. They aren't going to come to school and have lunch with you.

Even the community manager(s) has to spend time between here and the gaming media and other contacts and events. There is a lot to do, especially leading up to launch. Relax, make your suggestions, and enjoy the game. Your suggestions might be heard, they might not be. Wait a while and make them again. Be patient. Don't be a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. The dev team isn't infinite in number and they all have work to do.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Devs get tired of players twisting their words. A dev could say that we plan on adding this feature and a few months later, some players could raise a fuss about why this feature is not in game yet. Some idiots ruin a perfectly good system like open dev communication for the rest of us. Cryptic devs used to communicate a lot more about what they would like to add to the game and when they would like to add it, but bad experiences have kept their mouths shut more often. Although, these devs seem to be more communicative than others even in the current condition and will show up on various podcasts. Heard one podcast during closed beta where a dev was talking about the Neverwinter Foundry.
  • Options
    ageoffan123ageoffan123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    So what exactly is the issue with the zen store again? I have yet to see something there that is pay to win.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Take a look at warframe if you want to see how communication is handled by a good community manager.
  • Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Good luck in your next game played!
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's just something. People keep complaining and blaming Cryptic when it's the players that abused and exploited the game, causing the shutdown and rollback of the game yesterday. I'm very tired of these whine threads and all of these people that feel so entitled. Cryptic has been more communicative than most other MMOs out right now. Some hate mongering threads they're quick to shut down but most of these whine threads they allow to keep going for over 200 pages.
  • Options
    sarethorsarethor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess he knows people inside Cryptic as those will really be the only people who participated in the Alpha.

Sets a foul tone when obvious BS is the justification for him being upset about not being on the inside of the developers plans.
  • Options
    buldegradbuldegrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They don't need to communicate with it's playerbase like a good company would when they are already making money by the bucketload selling ZEN to ignorant people who don't seem to care about throwing away $200.00 on a VIDEO GAME!

Respectfully, you should think twice before mocking sir. The people that contributed $200.00 (myself included) were doing so in an effort to SUPPORT the game, not see its demise. Sadly however, many of us now feel taken advantage of and quite frankly ripped off. I know I do. I am an old school D&D fan and I wanted to see this game to fruition, to be successful. But the way things have gone thus far, it is very hard for me to have any respect for development team and their decisions on many things lately.

Regardless of what anyone things, the only just thing to do at this point is to do a full character wipe. Give people back their AD and do a full wipe. Otherwise, people will leave in masses.

My guild, of which myself and two other friends of mine founded and were guild leaders of on Dragon server have since stopped playing. I want to log in and play....but alas...exploit after exploit has ruined the game. Wipe everything.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    impervium wrote: »
    So between the main website, the news updates, Twitter, Facebook, Livestreams, interviews and podcasts, they're not being communicative enough for you? :confused:

What do you want, silly? A date? Some hand-holding?

Yes it's a game, but it's also a business. At the end of the day, they've got to take the feedback (some of it--it can never be all of it; there are many thousands of us) and sit down and WORK. They aren't going to come to school and have lunch with you.

Even the community manager(s) has to spend time between here and the gaming media and other contacts and events. There is a lot to do, especially leading up to launch. Relax, make your suggestions, and enjoy the game. Your suggestions might be heard, they might not be. Wait a while and make them again. Be patient. Don't be a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. The dev team isn't infinite in number and they all have work to do.

Id be defending the game and all its shortcomings too if I had spent money on a founders pack, you have invested in it, your opinion is void due to conflict of interest
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    aevlomaevlom Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    impervium wrote: »

A company managing a game and using (Twitter, Facebook, livestreams, interviews and podcasts) for their official communications makes as much sense as your insurance agent or banker insisting on only doing business with you in a strip club.
    Official communication should be on this website and forum. Period. And for the most part, it not.
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic has always had ATROCIOUS PR work with Neverwinter. Andre can tell you all bout that.
  • Options
    zoetje81zoetje81 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What exactly do you want from them when it comes to communication?
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aevlom wrote: »
    A company managing a game and using (Twitter, Facebook, livestreams, interviews and podcasts) for their official communications makes as much sense as your insurance agent or banker insisting on only doing business with you in a strip club.
    Official communication should be on this website and forum. Period. And for the most part, it not.

It seems you missed all of the "stickies" posted by the devs since that is OFFICIAL communication, of which it is quite detailed. The use of other media such as Twitter and Facebook, gives even less information and minor updates. It's not hard to imagine that they do use the other media for small updates because it is convenient for everyone and a good way to reach out to its user base. The fact is that their website and forum was being hammered by everyone while the game was offline and it does make sense to use the other social media. Please name other MMO companies or developers that have provided as much communication or more.
  • Options
    xxxretsopmixxxretsopmi Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love how people think they are entitled to open communication with a company. News flash. You are just a random number. If you have a gripe, air it. If not, play. You are NOT entitled to hand holding by the developers.
  • Options
    v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    emilemo wrote: »
    Id be defending the game and all its shortcomings too if I had spent money on a founders pack, you have invested in it, your opinion is void due to conflict of interest

Not everyone who spent money on founder packs is defending the game. Like many others I am not happy with how the exploits were handled. I'm also not happy with the fact that Cryptic is unable/unwilling to share any information on upcoming content such as Gauntlgrym, new classes and so forth. This being said, the game is still in open beta. Give them a few weeks to iron out the exploits, bugs, balancing issues etc before jumping ship.
  • Options
    srswtffailsrswtffail Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ive already gone im just here to watch Rome burn
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    v1ctor2k wrote: »
    Give them a few weeks to iron out the exploits, bugs, balancing issues etc before jumping ship.

You mean a few months judging by the rate we are progressing.
  • Options
    malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    bismar7 wrote: »
    I have given a lot of feedback most of it constructive; and taken a lot of criticism from many people I've recommended the game to, because they found it wanting. I still love the gameplay... but I'm coming to the conclusion that you have an ideal, a concept of how you want to make this game... regardless of what your consumer and player base think. I am extremely disappointed in the lack of communication, the manner in which the cash shop (and its items) are presented and used, and the reaction to anything that is not at the level of "gamebreaking."

I'm going to ask one final time for one thing. Just one.

This has always been the problem with gaming companies; lack of communication with their player base. This usually results in a toxic community environment and player migration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    medlink1medlink1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    Take a look at warframe if you want to see how communication is handled by a good community manager.

Don't forget PoE's developers(GGG), even though they made massive amounts of dosh through their founders packs, they are constantly active with their community.
  • Options
    f0skef0ske Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    +1 Anyway NVW is just a passageway before wildstar and teso.
  • Options
    bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bismar7 wrote: »

-Mortae

Are you kidding me??! Check the Neverwinter Facebook, and the Neverwinter Twitter...You've got to be kidding with this post man...
  • Options
    sorkbarnsorkbarn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well the reason for them not responding is probably they already met their goal, sell a bunch of starter pack and sell some zen to people wanting to get first.
    They got what they wanted any more transactions is just gravy, time for their next game.

The new F2P model is nothing but a scam, hype it up like crazy so people spend a lot of $ in the startup, there are no plans to create a long lasting game with a large community, like d2, wow.
  • Options
    tomalak011tomalak011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    sorkbarn wrote: »
    Well the reason for them not responding is probably they already met their goal, sell a bunch of starter pack and sell some zen to people wanting to get first.
    They got what they wanted any more transactions is just gravy, time for their next game.

The new F2P model is nothing but a scam, hype it up like crazy so people spend a lot of $ in the startup, there are no plans to create a long lasting game with a large community, like d2, wow.

PWE and Cryptic don't do "long lasting".
  • Options
    riesj74riesj74 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like i said in another topic... Its funny to see how everybody thinks developers like Cryptic, Bioware, Blizzard are evil and only out to take your money
    These guys love games and the lore and want to make you part of that. Sure they need to earn a living and they try to do that in the ways that people demand atm... being F2P and buy stuff in game to make you look more unique... period.

If you want to blame people for all these elaborate ways to make a living/earn money.. blame the exploiters and the people making illegal copies of games and people who download them.
    They are the reason game developers have to come up with ninja-ways to earn a living.

Neverwinter is awesome atm.. blame the exploiters for the downtimes and loss of your items/levels, not the developers.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Or how about developers actually prevent the exploits in the first place if they cared enough.
    Like set piece letting people one shot bosses is players fault?
  • Options
    sorkbarnsorkbarn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel sorry for those in here that did try to support the company using $, there is a reason why you don't click on strange adds that may pop up in your browser and there is a reason why you don't give a company like this $.
  • Options
    riesj74riesj74 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    estsu wrote: »
    Or how about developers actually prevent the exploits in the first place if they cared enough.
    Like set piece letting people one shot bosses is players fault?

**** will happen.... **** will be fixed... if you can name one MMO that was without fault at release (i see NW as released eventhough its still labelled BETA), i will personally join you in your tirade :)

I an save you the trouble though... you won't find any MMO, or any game whatsoever, that was flawless at launch and didnt need patches or updates.

Hell even my all time favorite game, Homeworld, needed 2 patches!! :D