test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trading Reviews

boomba66boomba66 Member Posts: 221 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Have done five reviews now with zero play backs if you play my event and put your code in the review line I will play it and eval it right away.

Where has Justice gone?
NW-DSN2VHDYL

Thank You all who helped me play-test and worked with bugs with me. I still have a few more to get to on the trades, having done about half of you. Still have to clean up a few "English Professor" type mistakes(discovered best way to avoid mistakes for other authors is use a word editting program then copy and paste, really catches some of "teh" smaller typos) Favorite so far was the drow mission, for fellow Authors play it, its long but worth it if your a fan of Forgotten Realms Fiction.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by boomba66 on

Comments

• Options
    saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure, I will run it in a moment (after this post). Mine would be NW-DJS69CYZ9
    It's my first quest, though. Be gentle? :o
  • Options
    slaidzslaidz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'll add you to my "to play" list. The list and the quest are in my sig.
  • Options
    todocaldotodocaldo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Accepted the quest, will get to it tonight or tomorrow. I'll edit this post with my review.

Any help getting me out of Review Hell would be welcomed. NW-DFGF2UXQH

Thanks!

REVIEW: 4/5 stars

Great quick romp with a good story. Loved the lore additions, really gave it some depth. Some few critiques, check grammar (things always slip by), the 1st few Malar encounters seem a bit repetitive though I understand that this is a limitation of the Foundry if you want solo semi-difficult mobs.

All in all good job! Looking forward to future installments.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Design: Personally, I liked it. I found it quite atmospheric and that drew me in.
    Dialogue: It certainly works, but I'd be up for more!
    Typo: If I'm not mistaken, your priest uses 'your' where he should be using 'you're' instead.
    Lore: I'm the first to admit I'm not exceptionally knowledgeable on Lore, though, so I will stay away from any comments on that and leave that to my betters.
    Encounters: It may be better to break up the encounters currently up and add a few easier ones. It now feels as if you go from Boss to Boss. But that could also be because I play a Cleric and they aren't too great on damage.
    Possible bug: I'm not sure if it's intentional, but there is a trap (I'm not sure if I actually found all traps or not) that is partially under the floor. I did trip it, though, so it does function.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    saerrael wrote: »
    Design: Personally, I liked it. I found it quite atmospheric and that drew me in.
    Dialogue: It certainly works, but I'd be up for more!
    Typo: If I'm not mistaken, your priest uses 'your' where he should be using 'you're' instead.
    Lore: I'm the first to admit I'm not exceptionally knowledgeable on Lore, though, so I will stay away from any comments on that and leave that to my betters.
    Encounters: It may be better to break up the encounters currently up and add a few easier ones. It now feels as if you go from Boss to Boss. But that could also be because I play a Cleric and they aren't too great on damage.
    Possible bug: I'm not sure if it's intentional, but there is a trap (I'm not sure if I actually found all traps or not) that is partially under the floor. I did trip it, though, so it does function.

If you clicked the priest a second time the conversation was extremely long! I will go back on the typo thanks.
    Played yours sent you my comments in the review. I liked your dungeon, just maybe make it hidden from the guards and the Lord so as to keep it in line with more of a hidden area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    boomba66 wrote: »
    If you clicked the priest a second time the conversation was extremely long! I will go back on the typo thanks.
    Played yours sent you my comments in the review. I liked your dungeon, just maybe make it hidden from the guards and the Lord so as to keep it in line with more of a hidden area.

No problem and I didn't click on him twice. Whoops!

Thank you, I may do that. It was a thing that was bugging me, to be honest.
  • Options
    slapthathogslapthathog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    I'll trade you Boomba66. Soon as I finish this post i'll play yours.

Mine is: Power of the Loc-Nar
    @merryblues
    SC: NW-DCPWC4FTI

Done! Smooth.. Very polished action and lore.. Would like to see more trash mobs. I might just be weird but i'd seperate the OOC text from MissionInfo with a space.

Cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Nobody loves me but my mother, and she could be jiving too!"

Dungeon: Power of the Loc-Nar
    Author: @Merryblues
    Short Code: NW-DCPWC4FTI
    Average Duration: 23 min
    Forum Link: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?282392-Power-of-the-Loc-Nar
  • Options
    vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will post my quest and review yours.
    (double post):mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'll trade you Boomba66. Soon as I finish this post i'll play yours.

Mine is: Power of the Loc-Nar
    @merryblues
    SC: NW-DCPWC4FTI

Done! Smooth.. Very polished action and lore.. Would like to see more trash mobs. I might just be weird but i'd seperate the OOC text from MissionInfo with a space.

Cheers!

I have tried the mission twice this evening. I had the same problem twice. While clicking on the Orb to collect it for the mission up the mountain, I hit a exit out of the dungeon bag near the tent? I would move that further away and make it larger so that does not happen again.

The first part in the Inn was well done. The Inn moved back and forth with combat making it less linear. Just that was a very diverse group of MOBS, does the Loc-Nor Meteor draw attention from evil creatures?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Alright guys. I will review your quests, but please review mine.
    It is the first chapter of a seven chapters campaign, relatively difficult, but please do your best to complete it and review it.
    Quest Code: n w - d h d 2 o v v y c
    Name: Chapter 1: The abadoned Mines? by @Vold316
    URL: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?278221-Chapter-1-The-Abandoned-Mines&p=3633321#post3633321

Thanks in advance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    slapthathogslapthathog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    Sheesh - i'll move that bag right away thanks.. I threw it in last min. Technically the Loc-Nar has a will of its own. It tends to destroy, mutilate or bend those who are drawn to it. However it will serve the right person, but typically only for its own agenda.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Link: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?282392-Power-of-the-Loc-Nar
  • Options
    slaidzslaidz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'll give yours a go.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Boomba. You can click the orb from any angle but it's weird how that bag lined up with the orb... it's moved!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Saerrael. Just finished yours. Nice work. Great use of keys - I've been afraid to use those because I read a bad review on them. Can't wait to see what's next. Found your secret but failed to discover its use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Saerrael. Just finished yours. Nice work. Great use of keys - I've been afraid to use those because I read a bad review on them. Can't wait to see what's next. Found your secret but failed to discover its use.

Ah, I've basically JUST come out of Foundry again due to what had been said about a former adventurer and his guards probably sensing undead and what not. Just had to tinker.. *coughs*

Thank you. It just seemed logical to use keys. Besides, it is still my first quest. Overuse of some or the other will not be a big deal for now.

And the secret has no use what so ever *blushes* (It's just pretty and smells good ;D!)

I'll review yours when I have time and awake brain again.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I cant believe it a guy gave my quest 1 star! It is so frustrating... I spent a lot of time doing it. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Slaidz - just finished yours. I didn't save the slaves. Might run that again if there are other outcomes. It was cool to switch from the fire to b&w ghost at the end. Combat had some tough fights - sucked a few pots but not too many :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Vold316 i'll run yours tomorrow and give feedback. I understand your frustration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    nukaerinnukaerin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will play yours and review it right after this post.

Mine is: A Necromancer's Funeral
    SC: NW-DHH3LS3F2

Thanks, it's my first quest so any tips would be great :D
  • Options
    jaqazjaqaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Ravenlyn Caverns
    NW-DG3HR33SM

First attempt at using the foundry. Simple storyline with some combat plus a few side quests. During testing it took about 20-25 minutes to complete. Please check it out and give a review. Leave your short code in review and I will return the favor.

Thanks,
    Jaqaz
  • Options
    zekrallmizzrymzekrallmizzrym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I will run your quest, sounds interesting.

Review of "Where has Justice gone"

Reviewed 21st May 2013, in-game comment / rating left.

1. I enjoyed the story, possibly a little on the short side.

2. The lore fragments at the end are a nice touch.

3. First bridge, 4 re skinned ogres. Ogres are a little boring and over used. Maybe switch a couple out for different encounters.

4. The urchin, at the end of the quest she still says her dialog about finding the priest. Maybe change this to reflect that you have already found him.

My Quest

Campaign: Resurrection of Xunvrae (4 parts)
    Quest Name: The bones of Xunvrae
    Author: Elimgarak83
    Short Code: NWS-DNNZST5FJ
    Tags: Story, Explore, Combat
    Tested: 14 GWF, 60 CW, 60 DC, 29 CW
    Quest forum post: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?235592-Resurrection-of-Xunvrae
    Resurrection of Xunvrae - NWS-DNNZST5FJ
    House Arken'etts' power is shattered, to restore this once proud house Xunvrae must return.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I will run your quest, sounds interesting.

Review of "Where has Justice gone"

Reviewed 21st May 2013, in-game comment / rating left.

1. I enjoyed the story, possibly a little on the short side.

2. The lore fragments at the end are a nice touch.

3. First bridge, 4 re skinned ogres. Ogres are a little boring and over used. Maybe switch a couple out for different encounters.

4. The urchin, at the end of the quest she still says her dialog about finding the priest. Maybe change this to reflect that you have already found him.

My Quest

Campaign: Resurrection of Xunvrae (4 parts)
    Quest Name: The bones of Xunvrae
    Author: Elimgarak83
    Short Code: NWS-DNNZST5FJ
    Tags: Story, Explore, Combat
    Tested: 14 GWF, 60 CW, 60 DC, 29 CW
    Quest forum post: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?235592-Resurrection-of-Xunvrae

Have the urchins changed if you talk to the boy, but i will que it up earlier, good suggestion. Ogres i would greatly prefer Grizzly Bears or hunting cats for the way Malar's lore works. Was trying to stick with a Animal beastly type of encounter, but 4 in a row I get how that can be a bit boring. I had additional lore in the room as well if you read the statue and the nightstand book. Thank you for the review when I get back form work tonight I will get yours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zekrallmizzrymzekrallmizzrym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Have the urchins changed if you talk to the boy, but i will que it up earlier, good suggestion. Ogres i would greatly prefer Grizzly Bears or hunting cats for the way Malar's lore works. Was trying to stick with a Animal beastly type of encounter, but 4 in a row I get how that can be a bit boring. I had additional lore in the room as well if you read the statue and the nightstand book. Thank you for the review when I get back form work tonight I will get yours.

I spent a long time finding all the lore, think i found it all. It is that level of detail which makes a quest better than average. So great job.
    Resurrection of Xunvrae - NWS-DNNZST5FJ
    House Arken'etts' power is shattered, to restore this once proud house Xunvrae must return.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Boomba66 I played your quest, but i couldn't write a review because i crashed when i was thinking what to put in there.
    I didn't like much the objective where you have to kill the 6 malar, because it takes too long to kill an ogre. Also, the girl that follows works as contact all the way, after than you complete the objective, you can fix that too. Adding lore to the quest was a nice detail to it.
    Anyways, overall it was fun.

My Quest: NW-DHD2OVVYC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    ddsauterddsauter Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once the servers are back up i'll play your quest and review. I'd love a return review as I have no feedback yet on my quest - except what my husband has reviewed which is biased as all get out. Sooooooo. Thanks. My quest is:

Necromancers Staff: NW-DC95ROS61
    Thanks,

Dee

Published Quests:

*Drow Family Ties NW-DC95ROS61 / My first foundry quest ;o)
    *The Gold Medallion NW-DIDEBDBXJ / Q1 in Book Of Time Campaign
    *Tordek's Tools NW-DP3C77MU8 / Q2 in Book Of Time Campaign
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vold316 wrote: »
    Boomba66 I played your quest, but i couldn't write a review because i crashed when i was thinking what to put in there.
    I didn't like much the objective where you have to kill the 6 malar, because it takes too long to kill an ogre. Also, the girl that follows works as contact all the way, after than you complete the objective, you can fix that too. Adding lore to the quest was a nice detail to it.
    Anyways, overall it was fun.

My Quest: NW-DHD2OVVYC
    Vold just got done playing your quest.
    1. Great map good details in many places.
    a. for larger modeled characters there are many places they can get stuck or are forced to get hit with traps as there was no way to avoid.
    b. The boulder and the plank. My model got stuck twice forcing restarts.
    c. Puzzle, not bad use of the tool, just tends to be dark and difficult to see. Few more light sources.
    2. Story: The hook for the PC is weak. Offer a reward or appeal to the tough guy pc. Give them a reason to want to go.
    3. You trap the PC in 4 different places and its the same type of line every time. While I admit I maybe a bit na
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Review of
    Creator: @merryblues

Map 1:
    The reskinned spiders (last group of enemies in the first map) are still called spider. I think I also saw a 'wolf' but was a bit busy fighting, sorry.

Loved all the detail in this map! (Especially the appearing beer.... *coughs*)

The encounter placement and the pauses between them were very good. Personally, for the upstairs fights, I jumped down. Your encounters follow correctly (with epic looking jumps).

Map 2:
    Candice has a typo. She says '!st off', I'm sure you meant '1st off'.
    I really liked the orb mid-air while taking to her, by the way, it gave a very 3d feel to the talk. You might want to look at this orb, though, it doesn't disappear when picked up (which I expected it to do).

The fight uphill and on it were, simply put, excellent. Especially on it. I'm not sure how high it is, but a tumble down wouldn't be in my plans any time soon which added to the fight's depth. Well done.

Also, I thought I killed Candice...? So why is she is in the first spot afterwards? (Not meant sarcastic, if you can give a good reason for it I'd gladly hear it. )

All around epic quest, which I really enjoyed. It needs a bit of minor tweaking, but not much. Well done!
  • Options
    gilidusgilidus Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    I'm up for a trade Boomba66.

"Where Has Justice Gone" Review

The lore was good and an interesting read. I read everything that the final priest had to say.

Things that would improve your foundry:

-A blank line in between the OOC text and the actual conversation.

-I found a floating fire to the left after entering the sewer (in the 4 way intersection). It should be flush with the ground.

-In my opinion, mob types should be more varied.

-Perhaps add more mobs, you may run into trouble reaching the 15min average playtime mark to qualify for daily foundry.

Shortcode is in my signature, I look forward to reading your review.
    Labyrinth of the Pso'nul'ja - NW-DAIIR7LMF
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Vold just got done playing your quest.
    1. Great map good details in many places.
    a. for larger modeled characters there are many places they can get stuck or are forced to get hit with traps as there was no way to avoid.
    b. The boulder and the plank. My model got stuck twice forcing restarts.
    c. Puzzle, not bad use of the tool, just tends to be dark and difficult to see. Few more light sources.
    2. Story: The hook for the PC is weak. Offer a reward or appeal to the tough guy pc. Give them a reason to want to go.
    3. You trap the PC in 4 different places and its the same type of line every time. While I admit I maybe a bit na

Now i will test other quests, hope you guys test mine as well. I only have 2 reviews. (check the signature).
    - I recently added more information to the Tunnel Maze, which makes it easier for those who get lost.
    - Added some lights as well because in some room it was too hard to find the exit if you werent looking at the minimap.
    - Fixed the problems with large model characters getting stuck in some locations.
    - The story, this is only the first Chapter of a campaign, so the end remains open.
    - There is only 2 points where the PC gets trapped in the same way. And both have different ways out which i consder fun.

Anyways, thanks for reviewing my quest, thanks to you i fixed some stuff. ;)

Now i will test other quests, hope that you guys test mine (read the signature to get the short code).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Saerrael, wow thanks for the solid review! I'll get to work on those changes asap. No she wasn't supposed to be there at the end *smacks head* (doh). Mob names need to be modified still.. seems a whole day can be blown just tweaking one room haha. You have a sharp eye and feedback like yours is priceless.. thanks again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]