test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Magic Effects Issues

notauriousnotaurious Member Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Something like 90% of the magic effects I put on my map do not show up. I have tried messing with 3D editor, changing positions, rotation... so on... nothing. Effects like the red swirl magic effect, fireflies, most of the colored magic fiery effects... almost everything I put on the map has this issue.

Is this something with my computer or a general beta issue that others are noticing?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Short Code Copy/Paste: NW-DJC4R9H3R
Post edited by notaurious on

Comments

• zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anything that has lighting effects with it, I've noticed, don't render if you manipulate it in 3d. You have to reload the instance to see it. Is that the issue, or something else?
  • notauriousnotaurious Member Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am just never seeing them, period. I put them in on the 2D editor. I go to the map to play, and most of them just never show up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Short Code Copy/Paste: NW-DJC4R9H3R
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had a little trouble figuring out how the projectors work. But I haven't dealt with any magic effects yet. I'll have to defer to someone else.
  • zekrallmizzrymzekrallmizzrym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    I had a little trouble figuring out how the projectors work. But I haven't dealt with any magic effects yet. I'll have to defer to someone else.

Projecters have 2 parts, in 3d edit mode you will see the moveable box and a rectangle a short distance from the first box. The rectangle is what projects the effect.

Example

Place a blood projector. Y axis 10 feet from the ground, rotate pitch 180. The projector is now showing a blood splatter directly below the area you placed the projector.
    Resurrection of Xunvrae - NWS-DNNZST5FJ
    House Arken'etts' power is shattered, to restore this once proud house Xunvrae must return.
  • zuvielezuviele Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited June 2013
    Projecters have 2 parts, in 3d edit mode you will see the moveable box and a rectangle a short distance from the first box. The rectangle is what projects the effect.

Example

Place a blood projector. Y axis 10 feet from the ground, rotate pitch 180. The projector is now showing a blood splatter directly below the area you placed the projector.

Thank you! I thought they were just bugged.

One note that was mentioned above, but I'll say it again, you have to reload the map (finish 3d mode) to see the effect
    The Harper series (NWS-DG3ALMAAC):
    • Part 1: The Rescue (NW-DHWDQZ9YD)