test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How about an option to move to a new "wiped" server?

zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It would be nice to be able to transfer to a fresh server. Offer transfers to the new server with only cash purchased zen, founders package AD and the gear on your back.

This allows many supportive of a fixed economy via full wipe an option. It allows those who don"t the ability to stay where they are and let the economy level out someday perhaps.

Its not a perfect solution, I recognize that someone could have exploited and carry uber gear with them but in general it would be a clean economy. The fact that someone on the clean server could buy AD or gold from the farmers is a moot point. That is true in every MMO with a decent player base.
Post edited by zaarel2 on

Comments

• Options
    ponytsponyts Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While i'm new to neverwinter i already see the mess in /zone chat that the exploits have caused. I totally agree with a fresh wiped server to start from scratch. I'm finding the game rather fun but farmer filled servers ruin it.
  • Options
    melanko0melanko0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is actually not a bad idea. A best of both worlds option.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about a realization that all the shards are going to be combined into one shard when the game goes live?
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    suroh66suroh66 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How about a realization that all the shards are going to be combined into one shard when the game goes live?

Not to mention the fact that moving to a new server wouldn't help the op or any one else that keeps asking for it
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, it will not happen. The reason for that would be pretty much the same answer I would expect to get in my thread for an official response that I fear will never be answered.

Fact is all servers will be merged into one megaserver eventually this has been stated multiple times. So for this micro suggestion, while you may think it good, it will never happen as then you would be merging a new server into old servers. Another thing, part of the purchase of the founder packs was early access. This would mean that a new server were it to never merge would have to allow the heros in first, then guardians a bit later, then free even later than that. I am sure that cryptic knows most of the people asking for this are free players that just want to be one of the first on server because they were not born as fast as everyone else. Well unfortunately that would take away an advantage that some people paid real money for.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even if the servers never get merged, it still wont help. Zen is NOT shard locked. No new server will have a new economy.

Let me say that again to let it sink in.

No new server will have a new economy.

AD can be converted to zen. Zen being available in all shards. Allows one to reconvert said zen back into Diamonds on any server they like.
  • Options
    maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are we going to start asking for a new server / wipe everytime those chinamen farm AD and sell it cheaper on their websites?

"Oh, server got filled with gold farmers... time to ask for a new one!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

In the last 3 days I have seen the same thing suggested and this exact god **** reply.
    He's speaking English, a fresh server other than the 3 servers that are being merged with restrictions on what can be carried over, how hard is that to understand. Man people's abilities to comprehend something on the forum astound me.
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    iamphaus wrote: »
    In the last 3 days I have seen the same thing suggested and this exact god **** reply.
    He's speaking English, a fresh server other than the 3 servers that are being merged with restrictions on what can be carried over, how hard is that to understand. Man people's abilities to comprehend something on the forum astound me.

Because all servers will be merged into 1 server, is 1 server. How is your common sense so lacking?
  • Options
    iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    Because all servers will be merged into 1 server, is 1 server. How is your common sense so lacking?

I hope you're trolling me I seriously do.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

You are exactly right, people's ability to understand is seriously limited. To wit: When the game goes live, there will be one shard, not three, not four. This answer was given by a dev last night in one of the whiney *****y threads. This very idea was shot down due to the fact that there will be only one shard once it goes live. So yes, you are absolutely correct, people need to understand it's not going to happen.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

This poor guy just doesn't get it.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    He's speaking English, a fresh server other than the 3 servers that are being merged

Ok, so we have fix one. And because that fix isnt perfect...
    with restrictions on what can be carried over

We need to fix the fix.

Are we over engineering yet? No, well it gets better. The fix to the fix involves playing around with the zen system. Yea. the fix to an exploit free life is to set up a new server using new code that directly involves the zen system. And no one here thinks that is beyond stupid?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »
    This poor guy just doesn't get it.

Explain to me what I don't get? 3 current shards are getting combined to create one super shard. OP suggests ANOTHER fresh shard not involved in the merge, with a fresh economy and things not being transferred over/a restriction of what can be carried over. It's a SUGGESTION. So, explain what I don't get about a suggestion.. lmao
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Explain to me what I don't get? 3 current shards are getting combined to create one super shard. OP suggests ANOTHER fresh shard not involved in the merge, with a fresh economy and things not being transferred over/a restriction of what can be carried over. It's SUGGESTED. So, explain what I don't get about a suggestion.. lmao

You're not getting that the devs said no to this very idea last night? They don't want multiple shards, they want one. Looks down at sig.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Explain to me what I don't get? 3 current shards are getting combined to create one super shard. OP suggests ANOTHER fresh shard not involved in the merge, with a fresh economy and things not being transferred over/a restriction of what can be carried over. It's a SUGGESTION. So, explain what I don't get about a suggestion.. lmao

WHat you do not get is 1 = 1, when game goes into launch state THERE WILL BE ONLY 1 SHARD thats it no more no less, just 1 and `1 = 1, thick much?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You're not getting that the devs said no to this very idea last night? They don't want multiple shards, they want one. Looks down at sig.

Dude, I know what the Devs have said. We're talking about his SUGGESTION here not the fact they said they won't make another server. Something that could be somewhat a solution to the current problem. It's a SUGGESTION, this is a merry go round right now I don't know how many times I need to repeat it
  • Options
    maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Man, I am loving all these people that were bashing me last night / earlier today getting trashed for not being able to understand simple English. ONE es ONE UNO, comprende?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mountdrewmountdrew Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP suggests ANOTHER fresh shard not involved in the merge, with a fresh economy and things not being transferred over/a restriction of what can be carried over.

Explain where he suggested this new server would not be involved in the merge.
  • Options
    svannstonesvannstone Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a hard time believing that they can manage a mass server merge, even with only 3 servers.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Dude, I know what the Devs have said. We're talking about his SUGGESTION here not the fact they said they won't make another server. Something that could be somewhat a solution to the current problem. It's a SUGGESTION, this is a merry go round right now I don't know how many times I need to repeat it

Points at sig. You must comprehend this: It's not going to happen because the people with the power to do it said no. It's not complicated. It's not rocket science, hell it's not brake service on your car complicated. I realize some people have a hard time with no. It's not going to help them here.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mountdrew wrote: »
    Explain where he suggested this new server would not be involved in the merge.
    zaarel2 wrote: »
    Offer transfers to the new server with only cash purchased zen, founders package AD and the gear on your back.
    This allows many supportive of a fixed economy via full wipe an option. It allows those who don"t the ability to stay where they are and let the economy level out someday perhaps. .

Are you serious?
    Points at sig. You must comprehend this: It's not going to happen because the people with the power to do it said no. It's not complicated. It's not rocket science, hell it's not brake service on your car complicated. I realize some people have a hard time with no. It's not going to help them here.

We know they said no, but they also have said a lot of other things that haven't been set in stone. Regardless of them not doing it the topic was to discuss the idea of IF it were to happen not that it necessarily will.
  • Options
    zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This was a SUGGESTION! Nothing more nothing less. I am guessing they have and are still considering actions that weren't in their original plans / business model. Is it likely they will do this? NO, Is it possible to do? YES There is no technical limitation that would preclude them from running multiple servers after "beta". Obviously if they can do it during beta they COULD after.

Regarding the concern of cross shard zen transfer. That is actually an excellent point. The solution however would be quite simple. Don't allow it to the new server.

For those of you who dont like the idea, think its stupid or just want to troll stay on the server your on! I doubt it will harm you if several thousand plus decide they might want to try the new server.

Lastly if you think the devs and good folks manning the social media are making the business decisions here you are definitely more delusional than me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zaarel2 wrote: »

Regarding the concern of cross shard zen transfer. That is actually an excellent point. The solution however would be quite simple. Don't allow it to the new server.

Seems easy, right. Just have to....fiddle with the code. Code concerning Zen and transfers. Cant possibly see how that can be a problem. In all this asking for a new shard did anyone forget what got it to this point?

I love how folks have so little confidence in Cryptics fixes to the problem. Hence the desire for a new shard. And yet in the same breath, want and expect, Cryptic to be able to program a shard with new rules and code that will be 100% problem free.
  • Options
    forumralcoreforumralcore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, I have not converted AD into Zen yet, but I was under the impression that the Zen becomes tied to Neverwinter once you do that, and cannot be used in other games. So, that being the case, it is a simple enough thing for the Zen to be tied to the MEGASERVER it is converted on, rather that just the game. Neverwinter(A) or Neverwinter(B). Don't make it more than it is because you're in the mood to flame.

And seriously, I can't believe you guys are going on about this ONLY ONE THEY SAID stuff. Its obviously assumed that this NEW server would not get rolled into one with the rest. This is also just a suggestion; the community is all over this topic to wipe or not to wipe, with this being another option TO DISCUSS. Personally, I started out against the wipe. Ended up being for the wipe after many good arguments on the forums, and thinking about it on my own. This third option is my new favorite, as it makes the most people happy, if not everyone. I'm not entirely sure why anyone would be AGAINST it, or why the idea clearly offends people so much. The option would remain for people to stay on the MEGAserver.