test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The REAL broken things in pvp

2»

Comments

• lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know exactly what makes some clerics unkillable with their circles, but when I come across a cleric who has it figured out, they are the only character that I will simply disengage in pvp. GFs can be tough to kill but at least they take damage and are killable if you want to spend the time doing it. Clerics however change the entire strategy from fighting over points to running away to different points and trying to trick the cleric into separating from the group. On top of that, failing to kill a cleric means that all temporary damage done to enemies is healed. Clerics eliminate the strategy of attempting to hurt enemies as much as possible to leave them vulnerable for allies or forcing them out of position to get potions or use their pvp potions. I'm not sure if one class with one skill should be powerful enough to change the entire strategy of the other team.

As for knocking clerics out of their circles, it's still usually a two person job. A cleric that is knocked out of a circle will just slide back in and heal right back up unless they can be completely stun locked and killed outside the circle. And if there are two clerics working together, they can't be killed except by teams with high dps and coordination. And if they have a dps with them, they'll kill everyone who attacks who doesn't have their own healer. So, probably disengage from one good cleric, and entirely avoid two good clerics.

As for the mounts, they are a pay to win advantage. The economy doesn't have a reasonable zen/ad ratio yet, so people can't grind out enough ad to expect to have a competitive mount until a long time after they hit 60. People definitely aren't going to be able to grind enough zen for those mounts at lower levels, so the under 60 brackets are pay to win for mounts. Mount speed often makes the difference in getting to a point in time to contest it and having to fight for and wait to recap the point.

Focus cleric, CC him, knock him back. As long as I can(cleric here) stand alone I will simply not die(not to normal non daily dmg from 1 player), when CC comes into play, I will simply run out of divinity and die. Thats how simple it is.
    Moreover if a single DPS could reliably and often kill cleric, why have one in the first place? Clerics are meant to be tough to deal 1v1, but believe me, we drop to 2 players with a clue.
  • nuitaransnuitarans Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    Drop a Smoke Bomb right in the clerics Astral Shield, say GG.
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nuitarans wrote: »
    Drop a Smoke Bomb right in the clerics Astral Shield, say GG.

Oddly, most smoke bombs rarely cover the entire shield. TRs need to have a better aim.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuldryfuldry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »
    3. Knowing Cryptic or PW, probably not. The stupid unlimited quest share to get unlimited bags is still working since start of open beta.
    I don't know which quest you are talking about, the final chest in Neverdeath only opens up once for your toon, tested and validated for you by me. (I thought the idea of getting a second bound bag interesting so I tried, and guess what : no final chest in dungeon, so no bag for me, I was relieved that it did not work).
  • dancingchimpdancingchimp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont understand how people have trouble with the shield. I have 60 GWF 60 Wizard and 60 Cleric. Cleric was my first char and my main. As a wizard taking out a cleric is easy!? Are you serious? Punt/Repel him out, life up.. dead..

As a GWF, just wait for somone to punt them out, rush in. stun knockdown. dead.

You people are just BAD.

I love when people stand inside the circle and just try and straight down DPS me down, fail at it and come to forums to cry.

GTFO. l2p
  • nuitaransnuitarans Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    Oddly, most smoke bombs rarely cover the entire shield. TRs need to have a better aim.

I was up against a guy that managed to drop it RIGHT in the middle of mine EVERY time, meaning I had to leave it to get DP back to cast it again.

I think there's several aspects of the way AS (The DP version) and Hallowed Ground work together that non-clerics miss. I'm not going to be the one to point them out. When they both go up, it's 15 seconds of hell, but there are STILL ways to counter it.
  • tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fuldry wrote: »
    I don't know which quest you are talking about, the final chest in Neverdeath only opens up once for your toon, tested and validated for you by me. (I thought the idea of getting a second bound bag interesting so I tried, and guess what : no final chest in dungeon, so no bag for me, I was relieved that it did not work).

You obviously don't know what I'm talking about and I'm not going to tell you how it works either. It's been reported several times and the devs will have to fix it or lose money from their zen shop. People able to obtain as many bags as they want = no need to buy it from their zen shop.