test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF with questions about endgame and stats

heliosesperadaheliosesperada Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I've been playing a GWF and I've gotten to about 30 or rather I was till the rollback which set me back to 26 and so far I haven't gotten the feeling the GWF is as bad as people claim it is. However I've got a few(Or a lot actually) questions.

I've poked around the forums a bit but I've not seen anyone really talk about life steal or regeneration on a GWF. Which seems odd since I figured at least one or the other would be important for the class. Are the stats just not worth it? Or are they just hard to come by? I've noticed so far that regeneration tends to be a pretty rare stat on gear drops I've picked up. If anyone could give me some numbers on what the scaling is like on these two stats and if there are any caps I should be aware of that'd be greatly appreciated.

What's a GWF's Max HP like at level 60 and how does that compare to other classes? I assume we've got the highest HP pool but I'd expect GF to be pretty close.

How much deflection is needed to be able to deflect fairly consistently before taking into account the bravery class feature? Or the feat in the setinel tree? I'd like to be able to get it to around 20-25% before other effects at least.

Is the bleeding damage of deep gash true damage or is it mitigated by damage resists? Can it be increased by debuffs to the target? For example if I take student of the sword for the defense debuff on crits will I see the bleed doing increasing damage? And is it an effective means of killing or at least offsetting the heals of a cleric in PvP?

How much extra damage does marking a target with indomitable battle strike give you without the feat for marked targets?

About how much cool down reduction can I expect to get out of piling on recovery? Is it ever enough to make some of the encounter skills spammable? Or at least nearly so?

Are the strength and constitution feats working properly? I've never really noticed a difference in my character sheet after taking them though I could see at least some difference with the other stat related feats.

and lastly does anyone know the chance for Steel Blitz to proc extra attacks? and could someone explain how that works with AoE's? Is it rolled per target or per attack? And does it still trigger if there's only one target?

I'm still debating whether I want to go down the sentinel or destroyer tree's and answers to these questions would help a lot.
Post edited by heliosesperada on

Comments

• incarealincareal Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    again.
    lvl 30 convincing that the class is actualy OK.
    i tell u what to do. lvl o 60, get around 10k GS and then tell us how good it feels to be viable and do all those t2 dungs.

PS: i highly suspect, that this is hidden admin post :)
  • veritas2009onlyveritas2009only Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hi!

u have to search more :)

but i give u 1 for an example ^^
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?189341-GWF-DPS-build

its 1 of massiv builds

What's a GWF's Max HP like at level 60 and how does that compare to other classes? I assume we've got the highest HP pool but I'd expect GF to be pretty close.
    -life-pool is no point :D

Is the bleeding damage of deep gash true damage or is it mitigated by damage resists? Can it be increased by debuffs to the target? For example if I take student of the sword for the defense debuff on crits will I see the bleed doing increasing damage? And is it an effective means of killing or at least offsetting the heals of a cleric in PvP?
    - Bleeding on krit is awesome and 1 of the main dmg things

How much extra damage does marking a target with indomitable battle strike give you without the feat for marked targets?
    - sry dont know, but its not importen, if u can kill one to mark them do it, if i dont get the kill its mostly awesome dmg - dont care on this to much

About how much cool down reduction can I expect to get out of piling on recovery? Is it ever enough to make some of the encounter skills spammable? Or at least nearly so?
    - not spamable, but the 3rd importen skill for cd's

Are the strength and constitution feats working properly? I've never really noticed a difference in my character sheet after taking them though I could see at least some difference with the other stat related feats.
    - no need on con

and lastly does anyone know the chance for Steel Blitz to proc extra attacks? and could someone explain how that works with AoE's? Is it rolled per target or per attack? And does it still trigger if there's only one target?
    - it works very well, single AND AoE

i hope i can halp u :)
  • snugglemancersnugglemancer Member Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    GWFs HP pool is pretty much the same as any other class, except we can spend more feats on it and Con is a secondary stat. You shouldn't expect much more than a 20% or so difference from any other class and overall it doesn't matter much since we have WAY less survivability than Rogues.

Deflection as a stat is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Defense is literally twice as good until you hit pretty far into diminishing returns. The free deflection we get is pretty nice though.

I'm pretty sure bleeds are mitigated by enemies defense.

Not sure on the marks.

Recovery isn't a bad stat but it won't ever be enough to make your encounters spammable.

I've heard that the strength and con feats are working properly by the character sheet doesn't show them. Totally hearsay though.

Steel blitz looks like it procs around ~5-10% of the time from my observations. The extra attack is per target and it can trigger on single targets.

BTW I could be totally wrong on any and all of these.
  • v4ngelv4ngel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gwf hp pool should be at least 30 % more than tr hp pool
  • hedas8hedas8 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    v4ngel wrote: »
    gwf hp pool should be at least 30 % more than tr hp pool

between everyone having about the same hp and armor pen hurting high defense way more then low def. stuff like dodge/block are the only reliable forms of survivability.
    "Vera libertas dissipabis omnem tantibus" me.
    Hedas 60 GWF.
    Hrod 60 GF.
    Alain Loreweaver 60 CW.
    Dragon.