What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To the "Millions of AD" complainers

2»

Comments

• mutepoint1mutepoint1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    epixcomix wrote: »
    For all of those players with complaints about all the excess AD floating in the economy and the people who have millions or billions of AD and weren't caught in the roll back, let me toss out some information.

I worked in the MMO industry for over 10 years and on several projects. Now I do not work for Cryptic or PWE, and I don't know all the inner workings of this game, but having seen a number of similar games from the back end, I can give you a pretty good hypothesis about what is going to happen.

1) You have the rollback to correct some of the latest and most obvious issues with people using the AD exploit

2) You build an algorithm (if it isn't already built which it very well could be) that displays every account/character that has over X amount of AD.

3) All accounts over X are checked individually through the logs from the open beta start (less than a month so they should have them all on back up still).

4) Accounts are then cross referenced by IP and all accounts accessing or sharing that IP are also checked.

5) Major transactions are tracked from those accounts to other accounts.

6) AD is removed from those accounts and bans take place, as well as IP bans depending on the number of infractions and the IPs involved.

So for those of you that think the rollback was the only measure to be taken regarding this incident, perhaps now you can see that's only the very initial stages of what takes place. Be angry if you like, quit the game if you like, but realize eventually, this will all be resolved and the excess removed from the game.

These forums need a like button so that I can click it for this post.
  • panzer88panzer88 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP you may be right about other companies, but you obviously have not had the pleasure of playing many cryptic/PWE games. That will simply not happen. It's too much work.
    Much easier to issue a release about all the bans/suspensions and how much money was taken out of the game, and not disclose how much they left in and how many got away. (they simply don't know because its too much work to check everyone and create that type of program).
    That is why so many people are upset. They know how it's going to play out.
  • dahkohtdahkoht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP , you admit it may take months for the economy to fix , so why shouldn't that alone make many so , no thanks , I'm done.

Also please come up with an excuse for why they let the same bug they had in STO happen here ? I've yet to see a PWE defender force member actually try and explain that.

Or I guess it's ok to just continue to F up that badly.
  • zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So how do you transfer AD to another account without actually having to use the AH itself that posts your account name when you make a trash item sell for an absurd amount?
  • werepedobearwerepedobear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    So how do you transfer AD to another account without actually having to use the AH itself that posts your account name when you make a trash item sell for an absurd amount?

Well played.
    forumskill.gif
  • revenantbobrevenantbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A developer at Obsidian who worked on NWN2 made an excellent point in a forum post.

It went along the lines of something like:

Telling a company you quit when you feel there is a problem is not an incentive for the company to work up to your standards. Since you are already gone out of the game, then what change will they be able to make to appease you?

It was in response to someone saying they would buy no more expansions to Neverwinter Nights 2. Why should they listen to your complaints if you are not going to put in future money.

A better response is "I'm quitting until you fix my problems" now there's an incentive.
    houserin_signature.png