test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

An alternative to a full wipe

shmizookashmizooka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm actually OK with a full wipe, but I think a new server could work if they did it a different way from what I've already heard suggested. (Both wipe and new server only make sense if Cryptic fixes those exploits, of course.)

1. Add a new server. I'll call it OpenBeta in this post; obviously it should have cool name.
2. Hook it to a separate "NeverwinterBeta" Zen server so that Zen trading on OpenBeta does not interact with other servers.
3. Transfer ALL current characters there.
4. Give folks a one-time option to reset their own account, which would wipe all characters and reset all AD/Zen to start. Folks who bought Hero headstarts would get a token to add some levels to a single character.

Then it's up to people to choose. All the duped AD, gold and items would land on the OpenBeta server, so it's economy would be... special. Since it's on a separate Zen server AD/Zen couldn't migrate back to pollute the servers with "clean" economies. But folks who cared about retaining their progress could continue playing there.

Or they could choose the full wipe option, get back their starting AD and purchased Zen, and play on a reborn clean server.

Or they could free up character slots by deleting characters on OpenBeta, and play both on OpenBeta and on another server with a clean economy. No AD/Zen/headstart refund in this case, though.

/2cents

Comments

• zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    New server would be cool but it'll never happen.
  • iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    PWE doing something that makes sense? nahhh
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • electrinoelectrino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    I'm ok with this one.
  • tuckerboy001tuckerboy001 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with ypu totally on this. im willing to do option 4.
    Give folks a one-time option to reset their own account, which would wipe all characters and reset all AD/Zen to start. Folks who bought Hero headstarts would get a token to add some levels to a single character.
  • seariouslyseariously Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is a great suggestion.
  • cyberkatcyberkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @OP:

This is OPEN beta, not closed beta.

While PWE will do rollbacks, full wipes are not an option.
  • fosslasfosslas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    MAin problem with this sorry to say is that ALL server are due to be merged shortly after full launch of the game which would just make the problem arrive a little later. Also dont you think some of the exploiters that are not caught will just transfer as well and brring all the ad and ill gotten gains with them.

Sorry to be a party spoiler and i hope you can see my point :(
  • shmizookashmizooka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cyberkat wrote: »
    @OP:

This is OPEN beta, not closed beta.

While PWE will do rollbacks, full wipes are not an option.
    The awesome thing about this suggestion is that it's NOT a wipe.
    -- voluntary reset, totally at the option of the user.
  • shmizookashmizooka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fosslas wrote: »
    MAin problem with this sorry to say is that ALL server are due to be merged shortly after full launch of the game which would just make the problem arrive a little later. Also dont you think some of the exploiters that are not caught will just transfer as well and brring all the ad and ill gotten gains with them.

Sorry to be a party spoiler and i hope you can see my point :(
    You might have missed the point. EVERYONE, including (especially?) the exploiters gets transferred to one server. Non optional! As you say, all servers collapsed into one.

The difference from the plan of record is that at least one other clean server would remain after that, and it wouldn't share the same Zen game identity as the polluted servers. No way for the duped stuff to migrate back. Folks would get useful options to play the game on an exploit-intensive server, or a clean server.