test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I will never be buying ZEN ever again.

gruntpyregruntpyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Refer to title.

The solution to this exploiter debacle has assured me that PWE cannot be trusted to respect the purchases I have made, or will make, to the extent that their value is assured.

As a result, I will never purchase Zen again. Even if I am the only player that feels this way, you've just lost my money, unless you take some form of correction to reset the economy / create a new shard free from a corrupted economy.
Post edited by gruntpyre on

Comments

• tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I will continue to play the game as I love it, but i will no longer be spending real life cash on this game
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I will never give PWE another cent.
  • wizzinwizardwizzinwizard Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will continue my policy of waiting for them to be confident to announce that the game is not in a beta stage before spending money.
  • feargxfeargx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Your opinion is noted.
    Profile name / Ingame handle: @FearGXxD
    Shard: Mindflayer
    Characters: Grim, Rune, Holy, Ruin - If the name isn't the @FearGXxD handle, it's not me! =)
  • gruntpyregruntpyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    feargx wrote: »
    Your opinion is noted.

Thank you, I crave the noting of fanboys.
  • zoetje81zoetje81 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gruntpyre wrote: »
    Refer to title.

The solution to this exploiter debacle has assured me that PWE cannot be trusted to respect the purchases I have made, or will make, to the extent that their value is assured.

As a result, I will never purchase Zen again. Even if I am the only player that feels this way, you've just lost my money, unless you take some form of correction to reset the economy / create a new shard free from a corrupted economy.

Yes you will, 5 days from now everyone has forgotten this and we're all back to being happy.
  • nalravnalrav Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    Refer to title.

Wise decision. I made that decision A long time ago while playing other pwe games.
  • rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will continue my policy of waiting for them to be confident to announce that the game is not in a beta stage before spending money.

Which means you never will be either, the game will permanently be in beta, or do you think there will be some kind of a lunch date, lol, for that to happen they would then have to say after all the time in beta the game has had, there is no to very little exploits/bugs etc, as they have been fixed.
    Won't happen.
  • lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Me neither. I also requested a refund for the $800 we spent on this joke of a game. If it wasn't for STO, I would just do a chargeback and get it over with - but I don't want to have my account banned from STO.
  • nalravnalrav Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013

Well you will be waiting til the day the close the game. Because they never take their games out of open beta. Seriously they don't.
  • natakutdhnatakutdh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    Wipe everything, everyone is mad. Wipe the the incident, some people are mad. Dont wipe, everyone is in worst shape. When you find a solution that will properly solve everything, without making anyone but the exploiters unhappy, let me know. To feel so strongly to post about this is stupid. Play the game, pay for it, dont do either. We dont need to know.
  • daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    When I log in, I will be buying zen and carrying on as normal.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • nexxisssnexxisss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hold on I'm lost. I just found out about the exploit now so bare with me. PWE closed the servers as soon as they could and rolled back the game to a time before the exploit. They are going to look into anyone that used the exploit. That seems like the best thing they could do. So what am I missing?
  • crimsonangeliccrimsonangelic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know a lot of people can't grasp the reality sinds its a game but the money involved IS real
    It would be the same thing (well kind of..) if I go to the local electronics store and purchased the best and most expensive TV available and spend lots of money to enjoy the experience even more than the common folk who didn't invest said amount only to find out the next day 80% of my town breaks in to the store and steals all their **** and the owner of the store would say to me: "well we can't arrest all of those people so it cant be done, too bad for you my friend but did you like it though? being f*** in the *** for my enjoyment?!"
  • trylleskoventrylleskoven Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Me neither. I also requested a refund for the $800 we spent on this joke of a game. If it wasn't for STO, I would just do a chargeback and get it over with - but I don't want to have my account banned from STO.

Calling the game a joke, after posting you spend $800 ? lol, your more funny than you know.
  • feargxfeargx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Thank you, I crave the noting of fanboys.

You're the one complaining, it is noted in the trash with the rest of them.

Leave, we don't care.
    Profile name / Ingame handle: @FearGXxD
    Shard: Mindflayer
    Characters: Grim, Rune, Holy, Ruin - If the name isn't the @FearGXxD handle, it's not me! =)
  • matrias88matrias88 Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    They plan on merging shards at a later date so theres not much point in a new one. It would be a short term fix and there still would be little to no people migrating there.
  • gruntpyregruntpyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nexxisss wrote: »
    Hold on I'm lost. I just found out about the exploit now so bare with me. PWE closed the servers as soon as they could and rolled back the game to a time before the exploit. They are going to look into anyone that used the exploit. That seems like the best thing they could do. So what am I missing?

They did not take the game back to before the exploit. The exploit was a zero-day exploit. The exploit has existed in the game for an extremely long time. Economies were already inflated prior to the seven hour window they were referencing. Some of us just discovered this information as well. I'd seriously like to chargeback my guardian/zen purchases.

So what PWE has done, is provide a solution that is a pretend-fix to appease the playerbase.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

The rollback undoes the vast majority of the economical damage. The handful who may have exploited this before the cut-off time will probably be dealt with individually (reason why AH and Exchange remain disabled for some time), but their impact on the economy should not be noticeable to any meaningful degree. It was within the rollback-covered time frame that the exchange rate went from 360:1 (which is perfectly fine and within expected values) to 500:1.

They also restore any Zen you spent during the rollback. So, what purchases did you make that they did not respect?

I spent hundreds of bucks on the game and I don't feel any of my purchases were not respected. If they had not done this rollback, I would feel differently and may have considered a refund request, but I do feel they handled this well. Previous exploits had no really negative impact on the economy as the total sum of AD in the economy did not change (and it makes no actual difference if an item costs and sells for 2M or 1M if everything else also went down in sell/buy value).
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the OP. As stated many times earlier they have ensured they will never ever get one dime from me again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

The exploit was going on since the beginning all the way back from closed beta, yet only a 7 hour roll back.. this does not fix the issue but puts some neosporin on it.
  • zoetje81zoetje81 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013

What is it with people asking for refunds all the time. You bought something deal with it. PWE nor Criptic will sleep one second less of you threatening them to ask your money back.

You bought something you got something. Now stop complaining. It's you who spends 800 dollars on it, no one forced you.
  • seawalker13seawalker13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 229 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Guys, you're grinching over a character roll-back of a day or two to correct some exploitation, where they could have said "Everybody Start From Square One."

Seriously? Get a grip on yourselves, get some sleep (I know it's hard to do) take a look at the situation from a fresh perspective.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You wont need to. The new currency is "cats".
    edited May 2013
    feargx wrote: »
    You're the one complaining, it is noted in the trash with the rest of them.

Leave, we don't care.

Nothing says not caring more than posting how little you care in a thread.

PWE presumably cares about paying customers. If they are satisfied losing them, then I am satisfied leaving to another game, no worry for me. The players that should be most concerned are fanboys who troll forum threads, supporting games who screw them over while the population flees.
  • callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They did not take the game back to before the exploit. The exploit was a zero-day exploit. The exploit has existed in the game for an extremely long time. Economies were already inflated prior to the seven hour window they were referencing. Some of us just discovered this information as well. I'd seriously like to chargeback my guardian/zen purchases.

So what PWE has done, is provide a solution that is a pretend-fix to appease the playerbase.

Nub you had no idea it even existed.

If so, where was your QQ on the forums this entire time then?

Yeah, dumb troll is a troll.
  • fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They're refunding your zen for that time period so not sure what the problem is.

Not defending the overall situation but seems kind of a moot point here.

Far as how it effects the economy. Eh...there are methods for them to track and find out who took advantage of the exploit but sounds like they aren't going to bother. Probably the only ones that may get banned to some extent are those that find out about it towards the end.
  • odainekromosodainekromos Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013

The exploit was there since the start of open beta and since the bugs became public yesterday many many people duped the **** out of it to make some millions of AD and 7h rollback is not enough...
    edited May 2013
    zoetje81 wrote: »
    What is it with people asking for refunds all the time. You bought something deal with it. PWE nor Criptic will sleep one second less of you threatening them to ask your money back.

You bought something you got something. Now stop complaining. It's you who spends 800 dollars on it, no one forced you.

So what you are saying is if i go to the bike store and spend $800 on a bike and it is broken, oh well my loss keep it anyways?
    edited May 2013
    callmedeux wrote: »
    Nub you had no idea it even existed.

If so, where was your QQ on the forums this entire time then?

Yeah, dumb troll is a troll.

People made forum threads that were locked, or submitted tickets that were 'lost' detailing the issue. Additionally, players like myself, were probably unable to post about it doing to being temp-banned after Paypal put temporary holds on any transactions to PWE (because of their reputation and scammers).

Every spend 2-3 days trying to get your account restored when there is 0 way to contact customer service other than googling corporate headquarter, spamming phone messages?