test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In the end, economy will balance out.

gr0mgr0m Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The currency in any new game is going to be all over the place. Yes exploiters should and will get banned but man it's just a game. If you chose you spend money on it, it was your choice.

Looking at both sides here.
To me the "oh it's still in beta" thing people say doesn't mean a thing as soon as they open the cash shop and announce that there won't be any wipes. That is basically another way of saying "released for the peoples but with bugs we gotta sort out because our greedy publisher wants us to". So I understand that position but those that spent $$ on the game knew what they were getting in virtual items. They have the items, and will still keep the items.

If I buy an 84 carat diamond now then someone finds a massive diamond mine causing me to lose 4mil value because of it, should I blame the mine, the diamond or the person who found the mine?
To me it's bad luck for having bought it at the wrong time without any way of knowing I would lose money.
Post edited by gr0m on

Comments

• unclesaltyunclesalty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I LOL at you Sir. Repeatedly. Then some more. Then my jaw pops out of place and I am rushed in an ambulance to the hospital for hysteria.

Seriously. LOL.

Thank you for making me laugh tonight. Funny post.
    Flamtastic_Xanatos_Siggy_by_couchpatatoe51_zpsbe77b1fc.png AKA HELLHULK
  • korttiapinakorttiapina Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What does diamonds, beta, greedy publishers or anything you just said have to do with the economy balancing itself out? At the moment the economy is helplessly broken with Astral Diamonds having been devalued in such a short time. Exploiters won this round and anyone who was able to cash in yesterday should count themselves lucky because if you didn't you're just **** out of luck.
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In the end, the earth will survive (well, at least until it gets absorbed into the sun, but to follow up..). That doesn't mean we should not clean up toxic wastes.
  • unclesaltyunclesalty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    His post was a joke. I laughed. Didn't you?

Oh wait- this is serious???
  • gr0mgr0m Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    man posting stuff is a good time waster. I should do it more often.
    edited May 2013
    I know read all mine. SO......bored.

When is NW coming back up?
  • dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gr0m wrote: »
    The currency in any new game is going to be all over the place. Yes exploiters should and will get banned but man it's just a game. If you chose you spend money on it, it was your choice.

Looking at both sides here.
    To me the "oh it's still in beta" thing people say doesn't mean a thing as soon as they open the cash shop and announce that there won't be any wipes. That is basically another way of saying "released for the peoples but with bugs we gotta sort out because our greedy publisher wants us to". So I understand that position but those that spent $$ on the game knew what they were getting in virtual items. They have the items, and will still keep the items.

If I buy an 84 carat diamond now then someone finds a massive diamond mine causing me to lose 4mil value because of it, should I blame the mine, the diamond or the person who found the mine?
    To me it's bad luck for having bought it at the wrong time without any way of knowing I would lose money.

that's irrevelant. It's a game right, I dont get the link with your example tho. Glad you are optimist, I am too. But the economy will be messed up, it's a slap in the face for people who bought Zen and sold it and/or stacked up AD by investing time in the game. Don't taje them for idiots complaining for nothing since some of them might even reported those exploits weeks ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gr0mgr0m Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am 100% honest about 1 thing though: PWI are the EA equivilent when it comes to F2P games. Though at least they arn't shutting games down like NCsoft did with CoH, which actually caused public protests and petitions. IMO it would still be a good game for super hero fans today.
  • teepussiteepussi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How can it balance out, when you consider the scale of this issue. If daily earning cap is 24k AD and people been able to produce tens of millions, not to mention the fact whole Zen sold for AD in all servers were bought out. Its hard to measure what kinda inflation % we are living under atm since theres no open records of it.
  • roguedeniedroguedenied Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gr0m wrote: »
    I am 100% honest about 1 thing though: PWI are the EA equivilent when it comes to F2P games. Though at least they arn't shutting games down like NCsoft did with CoH, which actually caused public protests and petitions. IMO it would still be a good game for super hero fans today.

I love that this comes up. I miss my FREEM!!!

TAXEE - Freedom's Original "fun" ride!
    J-Force STYLE fohevah!!