Install Arc
Options

Please wipe the servers

124»

Comments

• Options
    leyhyleyhy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i don't care if there is a wipe or not....I just wanna kill some stuff. The AD and AH stuff doesn't really matter to me, totally get rid of it for all I care. just let me do my quests and kill things and gain exp and do my professions etc. If there does end up being a wipe, let me keep my Phoenix!!!! If there is no wipe, then let me back on to quest!!!!
  • Options
    leyhyleyhy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh, and for those of you leaving for one reason or another (there is a wipe, there is not a wipe) see ya....less lag for me!!! :p
  • Options
    genryu20genryu20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    lol xD funny
  • Options
    nausumnausum Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Yup. A 'beta' implies a wipe, otherwise it's the final product if the state of the game persists beyond launch.
  • Options
    stripiestfilly0stripiestfilly0 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Originally Posted by wildoxit

Hummm, if your computer got 2000 viruses, would you try to "roll" it back or do a clean install? /laugh
    genryu20 wrote: »
    I would use my anti virus which removes the viruses without wiping whole system of all my files, pictures and videos saved ^_^

Owned
    Sorcerer.jpg
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nausum wrote: »
    Yup. A 'beta' implies a wipe, otherwise it's the final product if the state of the game persists beyond launch.

Lack of wipe does not necessarily mean final product. Key things like features to be added and etc also counts. There is the option of selective rollbacks and precision wipe/banning of individual units. There is the option of just making a new shard.
  • Options
    zenatsuzenatsu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope they relise this exploit has been in since the start -_-;; and more than 7hours for sure...means there's gonna be alot of illigal AD in the game now.........
  • Options
    epictrilogyepictrilogy Member Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    zenatsu wrote: »
    I hope they relise this exploit has been in since the start -_-;; and more than 7hours for sure...means there's gonna be alot of illigal AD in the game now.........

They don't give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and those not asking for a wipe doesn't give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about the games life line either...
  • Options
    thaddeuszthaddeusz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Originally Posted by wildoxit

Hummm, if your computer got 2000 viruses, would you try to "roll" it back or do a clean install? /laugh

Owned

If there is a trojan virus or dangerous virus that cant be wiped out by cleaning/roling. Yes I would re-install the whole software.
    And I study ICT/IT.
    I know what im doing.
  • Options
    genryu20genryu20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    FROM THE Q&A PAGE

Q: This bug existed for more than 7 hours. What are you doing about the fact that players took advantage of this before the rollback window?

A: We are performing additional log searches and investigations to ensure that the appropriate actions are taken against any accounts that performed the exploit before the rollback window. Exploits that were performed prior to our rollback window make up a fraction of a percent of total impact, so we will be dealing with those issues selectively as not to cause greater impact on those legitimate testers.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They don't give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and those not asking for a wipe doesn't give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about the games life line either...

Watch your mouth, Mook Jong. Don't make me go all Ip Man on you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oblongshipoblongship Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    I base my opinion of you on the way you carry yourself... you carry yourself like a f a g g o t so I ultimately assume you are a cheater. 70% voted for a wipe... seems like they would have a much stronger community if they wiped. Enjoy your 29%

Your logic is beyond stupid...

Don't take your little pitty party out on me because there wont be a wipe...

But hey, thanks for showing everyone you are a moron....You do realize the majority of the player base doesn't come to the forums let alone 1 thread with a vote on it?

Oh wait that would require you to think....nevermind...

Again thanks for the laugh kid. lol
  • Options
    dreadlordmikeydreadlordmikey Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well this is going to sound aggressive... and I'm sorry... but you don't matter, those dedicated who spend money do matter... you do not matter because you do not fund the developers.

This argument is laughable at best.

F2P players have enormous PR value as they draw potential new paying players through word of mouth. Keeping them happy is a really good idea.

Aside from that, I'm a paying player (a Founder) and I do not want a wipe. Implementing one would be fraught with all sorts of problems, drive a huge portion of the player base away, and generate massive amounts of bad PR (because they broke a promise).
    "Over the course of my many years I have learned one thing: I don't know anything, I only think I do. And I'm not even sure about that." -- Rasgard the Wise
  • Options
    f0skef0ske Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Anyway Neverwinter it's just a passageway before the beta of Wildstar and TESO.
    Now thanks I can leave properly this bad game.
  • Options
    fosslasfosslas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    genryu20 wrote: »
    FROM THE Q&A PAGE

Q: This bug existed for more than 7 hours. What are you doing about the fact that players took advantage of this before the rollback window?

A: We are performing additional log searches and investigations to ensure that the appropriate actions are taken against any accounts that performed the exploit before the rollback window. Exploits that were performed prior to our rollback window make up a fraction of a percent of total impact, so we will be dealing with those issues selectively as not to cause greater impact on those legitimate testers.

And this proves what ? and i quote actions are taken against any accounts that performed the exploit before the rollback window Most of the AD gained from the expoilt is NOT ON THOSE ACCOUNTS it has been passed on to mules etc, and is still in the game, just read reddit etc for proof from people who actually did the exploit and have admitted the exploiting accounts have been banned (some for a little as 72 hours i might add) but still have AD stashed over other mule accounts that remain untouched by this.
  • Options
    oblongshipoblongship Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    This argument is laughable at best.

F2P players have enormous PR value as they draw potential new paying players through word of mouth. Keeping them happy is a really good idea.

Aside from that, I'm a paying player (a Founder) and I do not want a wipe. Implementing one would be fraught with all sorts of problems, drive a huge portion of the player base away, and generate massive amounts of bad PR (because they broke a promise).

I agree with you on this one... a wipe would be a big promise to break and certainly drum up tons of bad press and most likely drive more people away than with no wipe.