test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The AH bug and MANY others were REPORTED during closed beta and went unfixed

blerpaderpblerpaderp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Found on Reddit:

"1 - AH exploit - This is what all the current fuss is about. Too bad it was discovered and reported in closed beta, only to still make it in. Through this exploit one can earn unlimited AD and simply clean out the AD vendors, as well as buy up all the Zen they wanted. I knew about it and reported it on the day that I logged in. My ticket was closed and marked as resolved. Upon reading it further, I noticed that a GM told me the ticket was lost and to resubmit it. I did and kept playing. The second ticket was closed and "lost again". So I gave up reporting it.
2 - Quest sharing exploit - This allowed you to reach level 60 in about an hour of playing. It also allowed people to farm unlimited bags, assets, and materials. It was discovered and reported in closed beta, but still made it in to the open beta. Once again, I made a ticket about it only to have it closed. My follow up ticket was also closed.
3 - Foundry bugs - Were used to gain max level and farm gear. Although I knew about this bug, I did not report it because I thought the other two were more important.
4 - The CW set bonus bug allowing them to hit for millions points of damage. This was a very minor bug, but it still allowed a team of two or more CW's to farm end game content. I did not know about this bug, but plenty of people in my guild did.
5 - The GF set bug - Yet another set bug that allowed the GF to almost instantly kill any mob in the game. A lot more consistent than the CW set bug, and caused a lot of damage to the economy. I knew about this a few days into the game, but decided not to report it since my other tickets kept being closed and "lost".
6 - Chest farming exploits - These are still in the game and allow people to farm easy money, as well as gear and ingredients.
7 - There is already a bot out for Neverwinter that members of Tault Unleashed have been using. Currently it can be made to level or exploit chests. They are working on having it take care of professions and auto pray for you as well.
8 - TR DC bug - this was used mostly in PvP to instantly disconnect anyone the TR targeted with certain abilities. It allowed all TR groups to quickly win matches in the least amount of time possible.
9 - Potion exploit - Basically you can have unlimited healing potions - not much of an exploit since you can accomplish the same thing easier by using any other AD earning exploit and buying potions.
10 - AutoHotkey - Macro software that allows you to easily max your crafting.
11 - AFK PvP groups - creating a few accounts and making an AFK group (managed by AutoHotkey or the Viper bot), you can quickly earn XP and gear while you sleep.
12 - Their support site has not worked since launch. That's right, you can't even request a refund or report bugs through that thing! it gets stuck in an infinite loop after you log in to submit a ticket.
13 - Dungeon exploits - There are plenty of ways to exploit dungeons to severely shorten the time required to beat them. Reaching the end boss can be cut down from 45+ minutes, to less than 5.
14 - Boss exploits - Easily kill dungeon bosses over and over for loot and seals, then reset them and do it again.
15 - There is another armor set bug which gives everyone in the party stats that are above and beyond what you can get without cheating.

HOW does this happen?
Post edited by blerpaderp on

Comments

• teldarateldara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not trying to defend Cryptic, but there's no proof from the poster that posted that. You can make baseless claims. He hasn't submitted any screenshots of these bug reports. Anyone could make up these pointless lies to stir up more trouble.
  • northwind2008northwind2008 Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    teldara wrote: »
    I'm not trying to defend Cryptic, but there's no proof from the poster that posted that. You can make baseless claims. He hasn't submitted any screenshots of these bug reports. Anyone could make up these pointless lies to stir up more trouble.
    People have been posting these items for quite some time, threads get closed then deleted. In fact, the set bonuses have been reported in the closed beta.
  • mcleod71mcleod71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    even if they knew doesn't mean the scumbags had to take advantage of it
  • lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    teldara wrote: »

Yes they have. Many times over. But thanks to Cryptic's damage control of deleting everything, not a lot of people actually know what is going on.

The guys that were streaming the GF Castle Never bugs said the same thing. They actually had tickets open called "I am exploiting right now", and received no response.

I also submitted a bug and have had them close it, as well as tell me the ticket has been lost.
  • lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Double post. Gooo forums!
  • jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I really think they need to do a big state of the game post, and address what they plan to do about all the issues, bugs, balance, and otherwise. They may be the only exciting new mmo release for a while (Marvel Heroes, but that's not a traditional mmo), but that doesn't mean they can treat the players like this. I'm more than willing to give them some patience, big changes can't just happen overnight, but they really need to give more than the canned "We're listening and want to make this game the best it can be" responses. We need to hear why they've let things go downhill so quickly, what they actually deem as issues, and how/when they will be addressed
  • unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Useless thread. It's already been discussed over and over.
  • wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Perfect World is populated by cheaters and liars. I look forward to them being inundated with refund requests, and I look forward to playing Rift for free on 6/12/2013.
  • visgangvisgang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    It's already been discussed over and over.

That is exaclty the ******* point he is making, THIS IS ALL KNOWN. People have been pointing it out for a LONG TIME......

So how is it now when the shiza hits the fan, and the AH exploit goes totally public have they just decided to fix things.....

This is the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> PW needs to be accountable for. They are too busy ringing up credit cards to take care of serious issues in their code. And you know right now there are Corp executives deploying the "any publicity is good publicity" adage as we type.

If anyone thinks they are sitting their surprised this happened, you need to wake up. They are likely only surprised it did no go down faster than it did.

I don't want to hear how they had faith in their player base, and counted on the good will of man, that people wouldn't turn their very promising game into a pile of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> overnight because they are trying to cook up extra dollar's from a well ridden horse. I want to hear a plausible explanation of why they decided as a company, to let this stuff slide and then snowball into the Jupiter size cluster F*** they are now having to handle.

Looking at this from my eye's, had i decided to let this game go out the door like it is, i would have been ALL OVER people's asses to get this handled ASAP, and would have at least had a bank of propeller heads monitoring the applicable information and READY to pull the plug on the servers the very second they saw any influx of negative number auctions go up. Cause like really now..... is this not a PROFESSIONAL mmorpg and software development company? Or do the 14 games they have listed under PW management including this game not count as experience in this line of work???

This is the kind of stuff i would like to see answered. I like the game, i could really care less how exactly they handle what has recently happened as long as they take the power to f*** the game up from exploiters. This is OBVIOUSLY going to entail them now handling these problems and not looking the other way playing stupid. Cause honestly , this happening is stupid beyond a simple, whoops...... we missed that one folks, sry.... patching it up now!!! KTHNXKEEPPLAYINGOURF2PBBQ

PW doesn't owe me an explanation at all. But i sure as hell would like to see one. I have money to spend on things i like. This kind of slip up falls right under the "STUFF I REALLY DON'T LIKE" and don't spend money on list. Words to the effect of detailing the who, when, why, what, where and how, are things cash spending adults like to hear.
  • tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we get a community manager or somebody from PW or Cryptic to respond to this thread? If everything the OP says is true, new content should not be released until this is all fixed. As of right now, there isn't much content or end game gear and all of it will be irrelevant anyways once new content is released with better gears with the exception of the people who were able to horde the highest rank enchantments.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i was in alpha and cl beta and had never heard of this ah bug...this is a lot of horse crapp...if this bug would have been known from the start, dont you think people would have used it from the start? stopp wasting everybodys time with inventing bull**** just to like to rage and get a bit attention
  • xelrahxelrah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »
    Can we get a community manager or somebody from PW or Cryptic to respond to this thread? If everything the OP says is true, new content should not be released until this is all fixed. As of right now, there isn't much content or end game gear and all of it will be irrelevant anyways once new content is released with better gears with the exception of the people who were able to horde the highest rank enchantments.

They probably don't care to respond. If they did they would look into the issues when they were reported for the first time.

Edit: As to tickets - they always seem to be lost. I submited 2 and same thing happened.
    I suppose they don't have any GMs at all and just use ticket system as an illusion that there is some sort of ingame support.
  • flakelessflakeless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they had the same auction house exploit on their other game too. :rolleyes:
    just- ugh.
    edited May 2013
    xelrah wrote: »
    They probably don't care to respond. If they did they would look into the issues when they were reported for the first time.

I just confirmed with my guildmate that she realized now that a week ago, she was able to repeat a quest she had completed but was shared with another guildmate. She's wondering if that could be done with the quest that gives you bag.... Since the OP here mentions it... I'm going to guess that it's true and has been going on for a very long time. WOW. This game is more broken than I thought.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flakeless wrote: »
    they had the same auction house exploit on their other game too. :rolleyes:
    just- ugh.

which other game? sto? also a fairy tail and not true, played that one as well...

why the hell would they knowingly allow these bugs to happen and ruin their own game with it...it seems to be really hard to find common sense these days...
  • tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    i was in alpha and cl beta and had never heard of this ah bug...this is a lot of horse crapp...if this bug would have been known from the start, dont you think people would have used it from the start? stopp wasting everybodys time with inventing bull**** just to like to rage and get a bit attention

actually it has been, people that were using this exploit have posted in numerous threads that they had done this a few weeks back...
  • ybgybg Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the game is dead. period.
  • tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    which other game? sto? also a fairy tail and not true, played that one as well...

why the hell would they knowingly allow these bugs to happen and ruin their own game with it...it seems to be really hard to find common sense these days...

and you must have not seen the screenshots of that going around either of the same exact exploit...
  • feargxfeargx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Listing exploits is not allowed.

I doubt you were in closed beta "PWE User"

Go away. No sources no proof of tickets.
    Profile name / Ingame handle: @FearGXxD
    Shard: Mindflayer
    Characters: Grim, Rune, Holy, Ruin - If the name isn't the @FearGXxD handle, it's not me! =)
    edited May 2013
    yeah sure, this ominous screen shots...that no one can seem to remember or post, but of course has heard other talking about which they have from a reliable source...because its all a conspiracy of cryptic developpers who are still angry for being bought by perfect world, so they want to ruin their own game to damage perfect worlds reputation...

sounds legit to me
  • flakelessflakeless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

http://i.imgur.com/oA6Z8.jpg
    edited May 2013

Actually, they didn't know. Just because it's published by PW doesn't mean all the games have the same development teams. Neverwinter is developed by Cryptic. It's called poor and corrupt service/support.
    edited May 2013
    feargx wrote: »
    Listing exploits is not allowed.

I doubt you were in closed beta "PWE User"

Go away. No sources no proof of tickets.

There ARE proof. Many witnesses can attest to those bugs existing since the first day of open beta until now.
    edited May 2013
    yeah sure...tenkuro, whatever you say and your wittnesses (pffffffff). I played alpha and closed beta - never heard of that. Just use your brain for 5 seconds if you can - as soon as the exploit was known the economy was DESTROYED but of course the community knew for weeks about the exploit but decided just this very moment to go berserk...yeah i know, common sense is rare these days.

xx.png
  • wizzinwizardwizzinwizard Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm just throwing it out there, but it is possible that they were working behind the scenes, punishing players who were doing the exploits while searching for a way to fix them. Look at how much people rage when the servers go down for just a few hours, imagine how much they would rage if they were brought down for an undetermined amount of time until the exploit was fixed. If it was something that they could be working on and just dealing with the small amount of players that were exploiting, then they were making the right choice from a company standpoint. I'm not saying that was the case, just a guess on my part. If they were honestly just ignoring the problem/tickets then that's terrible on their part.
  • bghostbghost Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »
    Actually, they didn't know. Just because it's published by PW doesn't mean all the games have the same development teams. Neverwinter is developed by Cryptic. It's called poor and corrupt service/support.

sto is also developed by cryptic using the same engine as neverwinter. so obviously they never talked to sto devs about possible exploits, bugs, and problems that might happen.
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I am pretty sure I remember you from CoH, you were the guy who always insisted paragon was never told about mission architect exploits and never let them go live.
  • xelrahxelrah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm just throwing it out there, but it is possible that they were working behind the scenes, punishing players who were doing the exploits while searching for a way to fix them. Look at how much people rage when the servers go down for just a few hours, imagine how much they would rage if they were brought down for an undetermined amount of time until the exploit was fixed. If it was something that they could be working on and just dealing with the small amount of players that were exploiting, then they were making the right choice from a company standpoint. I'm not saying that was the case, just a guess on my part. If they were honestly just ignoring the problem/tickets then that's terrible on their part.

Removing ability to input negative values on AH seem like a hard fix.
  • forumcanforumcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    blerpaderp wrote: »
    Found on Reddit:

"1 - AH exploit - This is what all the current fuss is about. Too bad it was discovered and reported in closed beta, only to still make it in. Through this exploit one can earn unlimited AD and simply clean out the AD vendors, as well as buy up all the Zen they wanted. I knew about it and reported it on the day that I logged in. My ticket was closed and marked as resolved. Upon reading it further, I noticed that a GM told me the ticket was lost and to resubmit it. I did and kept playing. The second ticket was closed and "lost again". So I gave up reporting it.

I only want to know if this is true !!!
    So, people got billions of free ADs while I was trying to farm a couple of thousand ADs for hours !!!
    And this was the case from the beginning ?

thank you cryptic and thank you perfect world... you have provided an "unique" experience.
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah sure...tenkuro, whatever you say and your wittnesses (pffffffff). I played alpha and closed beta - never heard of that. Just use your brain for 5 seconds if you can - as soon as the exploit was known the economy was DESTROYED but of course the community knew for weeks about the exploit but decided just this very moment to go berserk...yeah i know, common sense is rare these days.

xx.png

All that is proof of, is that you can be remarkably unobservant