test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are we in the darkest timeline?

boofaheadboofahead Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
In the good timeline, all characters are wiped (it is beta right?) and 6 months from now a stable game economy and the community is having a blast.

In the darkest timeline, no wipes happen, 3 months from now the people asking for no wipes won't even be playing as the game economy is still in shambles and half of the honest players quit because the exploiters won.

Right now it seems we are in the darkest timeline. The no wipes will win, the economy will be in remedial chaos and the game will be dead in 3 months.

It's funny how the people who were saying it's a Beta just deal with the bugs are now like wait it's not really a beta we can't have wipes.

not a troll post.
Post edited by boofahead on

Comments

• adhal81adhal81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Really? Everything f'ed up going on in the world today and no wipe makes this the darkest timeline???

You really need to get your priorities straight....
  • zelkejinzelkejin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That would explain why I woke up this morning with a goatee.

Only Inspector Spacetime can save us from the blorgons!
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is no win

If there was a wipe which pwe has said over and over and over again that there won't be, there would be a mass exodus of people

With no wipe, there will be a mass exodus of people that want a wipe

Either way the game loses. I think wipe will make it lose more, assuming they do a good job with bans ext.
  • assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    in the end there is only darkness.
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It IS a troll post, or at the least it's EXTREMELY arrogant to pretend to speak on behalf of the rest of us, and EXTREMELY naive to think they don't have the tools to deal with this without wiping or rolling the entire playerbase back for days.

Dear Cryptic, I kindly request, and suggest, that you avoid punishing the entirety of the player base with wipes or days-wide rollbacks. A rollback used within hours can be a necessary inconvenience; a days-wide dragnet rollback is a punch in the gut to every honest player on behalf of a few criminals/exploiters.

If you have criminals to punish, then please go and find them, and punish them directly--and I hope that you will. If you're unable to do that, then please take a long, thoughtful look at your game mastering and administration tools. If you sacrifice days of progress for your entire playerbase on behalf of the criminal element, you're still giving the criminal element the last word. That's an unnecessary and unearned punishment for the rest of us.

All I've done is play and enjoy and love your game. I sincerely request not to be punished for this.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • lanzdownelanzdowne Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Excellent post OP Boofahead!
    20.jpg
  • uristqwertyuristqwerty Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Only a tiny potion of the playerbase actually reads the forums, and even fewer post regularily. How do you know that this tiny percent of a tiny percent accurately represents the wishes of the majority? Most likely, many of the players you aren't hearing from just want to log back in and continue playing from where they left off, so the they-did-not-nuke-the-servers exodus would be much smaller, and a better result in the long run, a month, six months, a year, or 5 years from now.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    There is no win

Either way the game loses. I think wipe will make it lose more, assuming they do a good job with bans ext.

I agree with the ' no win ' . Unfortunately I have played many games with ' currency ' exploits that were only rolled back or banned. I'll list them going backwards . D3 ( no the current exploit either the first one at week 2 ) , Rift ( auction house month 2 ) ,STO ( vendor first week ) . WH ( vendor first month ) , FE ( vendor first week ) . All lost a ton of players immediately after the exploit went public .
    heck only game I played after a major credit exploit was D2 . And they had different shards for ' ladder ' characters . Non-exploited shards . And that game did quite well . The others ?

Bans wont work , this game is free to play they will make a new account , and most likely have multiple ones now anyways . they were giving away free cats just to increase the chance one of their accounts doesn't get banned .