test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

To the decent players who want this game to succeed.

wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
If you bought a cat today just delete him/her, If you bought purples when they were like handling stolen good just delete them.
I bought a full set of purples for my GF and then found out about exploits done to get them, I felt dirty and just deleted them...I will work for them.
We can help the game and the economy If we do the right thing.
Cheers ;)
Post edited by wrenaq on

Comments

• Options
    rhymfaxerhymfaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I bought a cat for (all my) 60g at the very start of this cat-astrophe (I thought he was just mathematically challenged, or loaded with AD and needed gold for potions/kits). I was something like 200k AD away from buying it legit. My position is that unless all the cats go, I'm keeping mine to stay balanced with the rest of the populations average power.

I understand what you're trying to do, but it just irks me to a fenomenal degree to nerf myself while the rest of the population keeps their quite powerful cat.
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have no cat, I did not jump on the exploit wagon, but you have a cat, cheers. I do not mind that you have a cat and I do not, and I hope they do not take your cat away because it really was not your fault.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Do it anyhow...when you work to get the cat by the right way you will love that cat more than the evil stolen goods cat :D.
    Or maybe the devs can do a stolen goods run where you hand them the stolen goods and you get a nice present :D

Oh and I found it hard not to buy a cat but Mr tiddles will be my best pal when I can afford to get him for real.
  • Options
    theskymootheskymoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    I have no cat, I did not jump on the exploit wagon, but you have a cat, cheers. I do not mind that you have a cat and I do not, and I hope they do not take your cat away because it really was not your fault.

Seconded. And kudos for posting something which is eminently sensible. :)
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I played this game from like 1 PM to 3AM Yesterday. Plus I hang out at the Forums. I was absolutely unaware of any "exploit" until about 10 minutes ago and still have idea what it was about.

I think it's no big deal. So tired of hearing about Roll Backs, and Wipes and Starting Over. This stuff happens, they address it, fix it. We just need to all move on.

OP, I don't think you needed to do that, If you got a Cat at a good deal and enjoyed it you should have kept it man. You weren't going to hurt anyone or anything by doing so.

I commend your high moral ground but you did nothing wrong so you shouldn't feel obligated to do the right thing.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    *Double Post*
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I didn't get a cat....but I bought purples for a very low price when the last exploit was in full swing..read the forums and decided I did not earn those and my character and myself had a chat about the right and wrongs of not earning her gear ;)
    I lost about 350k AD but at least I will sleep at night.
    (Lawful good Iam ;) )
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    I played this game from like 1 PM to 3AM Yesterday. Plus I hang out at the Forums. I was absolutely unaware of any "exploit" until about 10 minutes ago and still have idea what it was about.

I think it's no big deal. So tired of hearing about Roll Backs, and Wipes and Starting Over. This stuff happens, they address it, fix it. We just need to all move on.

OP, I don't think you needed to do that, If you got a Cat at a good deal and enjoyed it you should have kept it man. You weren't going to hurt anyone or anything by doing so.

I commend your high moral ground but you did nothing wrong so you shouldn't feel obligated to do the right thing.

Just another f'n loser who took advantage of exploits... ban this kid please...
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry, the only way to make this right is to clear the slate and start over. They have records of who purchased zen and transferred it into AD's. Wipe everything and refund that money. It's the only honest thing to do that wont end up causing a lawsuit. A lawsuit they are going to lose btw. I couldn't care a **** less about PW. But I am a big cryptic fan, and I really don't want to see the company suffer for this oversight. But it IS on them to make this right, not on us players. Honest or not.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want a Cat so badly but I don't expect people to burn theirs, it's not their fault if they got it due to the greed of a few.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!