test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RELAX: Net effect of Exploit is small

2»

Comments

• panzerbase1panzerbase1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope they realize there is absolutely no point in a legitimate customer sinking money into this game. The economy is in ruin.
  • spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ambermaj wrote: »
    The true net effect was that ADs were so devalued that folks were selling those cats and other AD purchasable items for gold. Think about that, the least valuable currency in the game was being used to buy some of the most valuable items in the game. The net effect of the exploit was not small. Inside of 24 hrs it had turned the economy upside down.

yea, if you want a real world equivalent: germany after WW1

And to those that say that the AD is a ficticious economy. Dude, the dollar is a ficticious value. It is made up, as are all currencies. AD was introduced as a game-currency, and money made from work was used to get most of it. Thus being pissed about the game economy is the same as being pissed about "real" economy. Just because you do not care about your money, does not mean that others dont care about theirs.
  • alaazxxcalaazxxc Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    jkaplan92 wrote: »
    Sorry but this is simply not true.

You have to understand that A LOT of this duped AD is being pumped into the pockets of the average player. I for instance had 25 mil in auctions posted last night, all have sold as of this morning. Average players can post items for isnanely high prices and see their auctions bought in minutes.

To think that these exploiters are simply sitting on mountains of AD is wrong... Their AD has already spread throughout the game and normal players are raking it in large sums... You can't just ban people whos auctions were purchased from an exploiter, and to track down the transactions of all this AD is too complex.

Only a rollback can save this economy. Founders pack AD caused enough issues with this game, now those issues are multiplied...

For a new player joining the game tomorrow, purchasing virtually anything with AD will be impossible. How can a player making 24k AD per day from dailies compete with those of us who have made 10s if not 100s of millions from exploiters.

You're kidding yourself if you think cryptic banning people sitting on mountains of AD is fixing the problem, the problem has already spread to virtually anyone whos had auctions posted in the last day.

I totally agree with you i could not have explained the satiation better than you did i hope everyone reads your comment to understand that a rollback (not a full wipe) is needed for the game economy to go back to normal
  • s4xs4x Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is perfectly fine for people who exploited or profited from the exploiters, but jkaplan92 is exactly right, no one in their right mind would join Neverwinter in the future, it'd be a never ending battle trying to actually make something out of the game.